Boise State Closes Season on the Road
Broncos travel to UNLV and Utah State for final two matches.
Nov. 21, 2014
This Week's Schedule and Quick Links
Boise State's Schedule
Social Media Links
THIS WEEK FOR THE BRONCOS
- Boise State (17-11, 10-6 MW) closes the season on the road at UNLV (25-6, 13-3 MW) on Saturday and at Utah State (12-15, 8-8 MW) on Tuesday.
- Boise State has won five straight matches, four by 3-0 sweeps.
- The Broncos closed their home slate on Wednesday when the hosted San Diego State defeating the Aztecs in four 27-25, 21-25, 25-22, 25-22.
- The Broncos enter the last two matches in fourth place of the league standings, a win out of third.
Saturday ● at UNLV Rebels
- The match is at 7 p.m. (Mountain) in Cox Pavilion at Las Vegas, Nev.
- This is the lone meeting between these two teams in 2014.
- Boise State holds a 6-4 lead in the all-time series ... they split last year with the road team winning both meetings.
- UNLV enters the weekend at 25-6 overall and 13-3 in MW play ... the Rebels defeated Utah State in Logan, Utah, on Wednesday in straight sets.
- Katlin Winters leads the team in hitting percentage at .352 to rank sixth in MW, Bree Hammel is hitting .337 to ranked seventh.
- As a team the Rebels ranked fourth in MW for hitting percentage at .248 ... they are second in defensive hitting percentage holding opponents to .149 ... fifth in MW for kills per set at 13.19.
Tuesday ● at Utah State Aggies
- The match is at 7 p.m. (Mountain) in Logan, Utah, at the Wayne Estes Center on the USU campus.
- This is the second meeting between these two teams in 2014 with the Broncos taking round one in Boise in four sets 22-25, 25-17, 25-20, 25-16.
- Boise State leads the all-time series 18-16.
- Utah State enters the weekend at 12-15 on they year and 8-8 in league play ... the Aggies lost to UNLV in Logan, Utah, on Wednesday (Nov. 19) in straight sets ... they play at San Diego State on Saturday (Nov. 22).
- Rachel Orr leads USU in kills per set at 3.03 to rank ninth in MW ... Kaitlyn Vanhoff leads in hitting percentage at .323, good for ninth in MW.
- As a team the Aggies are seventh in MW for hitting percentage at .183 ... they are fifth in defensive hitting percentage holding opponents to .190 ... USU is third in blocks at 2.99 per set.
- Head Coach: Shawn Garus currently sits at 208-211 overall, 93-91 at Boise State ... he picked up his 200th career win as a collegiate head coach when the Broncos defeated Nevada (Oct. 9).
- Winning Season: Boise State has clinched a winning season, the fourth in coach Garus' six years with the Broncos.
- MW Winning Season: The Broncos have also clinched their first league winning season since joining the conference in 2011 ... it is also the first league winning season since 1998, 16 years.
- Good Starts: Boise State is 16-2 when winning the first set and 1-9 when losing it ... the Broncos are 14-0 when winning the first two sets ... The win over Utah State (Oct. 14) was the only time the Broncos lost set one and won the match.
- Career Milestone Reached: Baugh became the eighth Bronco all-time to reach the 2,000 career assists milestone when she dished out 30 at Colorado State on Oct. 23 giving her 2,026 ... she currently has 2,307 to rank seventh all-time in career assists and third during the rally scoring era (RSE).
- Moving Up Season Records List: Baugh has accumulated a team-high 1,091 assists this season, which ranks 10th all-time and third during RSE.
- Baugh Joins the Club: Junior setter Sarah Baugh became the 12th Bronco ever to reach 1,000 assists in a season when she dished out 35 at Nevada (Nov. 8) to give her 1,012.
- Freshman Leader: Sierra Nobley has led (or tied for the lead) the team in kills during 19 of 28 matches this year.
- Nobley Having Record Setting Season: Nobley leads team in kills with 371, which ranks fifth during RSE ... it is also a new school record for kills by a freshman.
- Youth Movement: Boise State has been led primarily by its underclassmen this season. The top three in kills are freshman Sierra Nobley at 3.82 kills per set, sophomore Maddy O'Donnell at 2.76 kps and redshirt-freshman Kaitlyn Oliver at 2.36 kps.
- Record Setting Pace: Boise State is currently hitting 26.4 percent as a team which would set the all-time program record for a single season, the current record is 24.9 percent set in 1981.
- National Team Rankings: Boise State is ranked in the top 30 nationally in three different categories: 20th for kills per set (14.09), No. 22 for hitting percentage at (.264 pct) and 25th in assists per set (13.08).
- MW Team Rankings: On the year, the Broncos are third for hitting percentage (.264), second in kills per set (14.09) and second in assists per set (13.08).
- Sarah Baugh: Assists per set 11.13 (MW 2nd, NCAA 25th), total assists 1,044 (MW 4th, NCAA 69th).
- Hannah Hubbard: Digs per set 3.59 (MW 6th).
- Sierra Nobley: Kills per set 3.82 (MW 1st, NCAA 65th), total kills 371 (MW 3rd, NCAA 101st), points per set 4.29 (MW 2nd).
- Maddy O'Donnell: Hitting percentage of .389 (MW 3rd, NCAA 28th), kills per set 2.76 (MW 14th), service aces per set 0.31 (MW 4th), blocks per set 1.14 (MW 10th, NCAA 110th).
- Kaitlyn Oliver: Hitting percentage .370 (MW 4th, NCAA 50th).
The Last Meeting
November 23, 2013
Las Vegas, Nev.
The Last Meeting
October 14, 2014