Broncos Host San Diego State
Boise State hosts Aztecs in home finale for Senior Night.
Nov. 18, 2014
This Week's Schedule and Quick Links
Boise State's Schedule
- Wednesday (Nov. 19) at 7:00 p.m. (MT) - San Diego State at Boise State (Bronco Gym)
Live Stats | Live Video
Social Media Links
THIS WEEK FOR THE BRONCOS
- Boise State (16-11, 9-6 MW) closes the home schedule on Wednesday night when the San Diego State Aztecs (13-13, 8-7 MW) come to town for a 7 p.m. match in Bronco Gym.
- Following Wednesday’s match Boise State will have two matches left in the regular season. Both contests will be on the road at UNLV on Saturday and at Utah State next Tuesday.
- Boise State has won four straight matches all by 3-0 sweeps, the last three were on the road.
- The Broncos played one match last week a three set 25-21, 25-16, 25-15 victory at Fresno State.
- The Broncos sit at fifth-place in the league standings.
Wednesday ● San Diego State Aztecs
- SDSU leads the all-time series 6-1 over the Broncos.
- This is the lone meeting of the year between the Broncos and Aztecs ... SDSU has won three straight in the series.
- San Diego State enters the week at 13-13 overall and 8-7 in MW play ... the Aztecs won a pair of contests last week over San Jose State (3-1) and Nevada (3-2).
- Clara Brown leads the Aztecs in kills per set at 2.69 ... Halle Aiken is the leader in total kills with 225 for a 2.65 kps average.
- The Aztecs were picked by the 11 coaches in the conference to place fourth in the 2014 league race.
- Head Coach: Shawn Garus currently sits at 207-211 overall, 92-91 at Boise State ... he picked up his 200th career win as a collegiate head coach when the Broncos defeated Nevada (Oct. 9).
- Good Starts: Boise State is 15-2 when winning the first set and 1-9 when losing it ... the Broncos are 14-0 when winning the first two sets ... The win over Utah State (Oct. 14) was the first time the Broncos lost set one and won the match.
- Career Milestone Reached: Baugh became the eighth Bronco all-time to reach the 2,000 career assists milestone when she dished out 30 at Colorado State on Oct. 23 giving her 2,026 ... she currently has 2,260 to rank seventh all-time in career assists and third during the rally scoring era (RSE).
- Moving Up Season Records List: Baugh has accumulated a team-high 1,044 assists this season, which ranks 11th all-time and fourth during RSE.
- Baugh Joins the Club: Junior setter Sarah Baugh became the 12th Bronco ever to reach 1,000 assists in a season when she dished out 35 at Nevada (Nov. 8) to give her 1,012.
- Freshman Leader: Sierra Nobley has led (or tied for the lead) the team in kills during 18 of 27 matches this year.
- Nobley Having Record Setting Season: Nobley leads team in kills with 354, which ranks eighth during RSE ... she is currently tied for first all-time at Boise State for kills by a freshman, with Cameron Flunder who had 354 her first season in 2003.
- Last Week’s Leader: Maddy O’Donnell was the week 12 leader in kills with 10 to go with four blocks.
- Youth Movement: Boise State has been led primarily by its underclassmen this season. The top three in kills are freshman Sierra Nobley at 3.81 kills per set, sophomore Maddy O’Donnell at 2.79 kps and redshirt-freshman Kaitlyn Oliver at 2.33 kps.
- Record Setting Pace: Boise State is currently hitting 26.6 percent as a team which would set the all-time program record for a single season, the current record is 24.9 percent set in 1981.
- National Team Rankings: Boise State is ranked in the top 30 nationally in three different categories: hitting percentage at No. 20 (.266 pct), 22nd for kills per set (14.06) and 26th in assists per set (13.07).
- MW Team Rankings: On the year, the Broncos are third for hitting percentage (.266), second in kills per set (14.06) and second in assists per set (13.07).
- Sarah Baugh: Assists per set 11.11 (MW 2nd, NCAA 30th), total assists 1,044 (MW 3rd, NCAA 89th).
- Hannah Hubbard: Digs per set 3.60 (MW 6th).
- Sierra Nobley: Kills per set 3.81 (MW 1st, NCAA 67th), total kills 354 (MW 4th, NCAA 137th), points per set 4.30 (MW 2nd).
- Maddy O’Donnell: Hitting percentage of .394 (MW 3rd, NCAA 25th), kills per set 2.79 (MW 15th), service aces per set 0.32 (MW 4th), blocks per set 1.15 (MW 10th, NCAA 96th).
- Kaitlyn Oliver: Hitting percentage .370 (MW 4th, NCAA 50th).
The Last Meeting
|San Diego State||3
November 21, 2013
San Diego, Calif.
Broncos Fall in Four at San Diego State
The Boise State volleyball team fell in four sets at San Diego State, Thursday (Nov. 21), falling to 12-16 (6-12 Mountain West) on the season. The Aztecs were able to capture a 21-25, 25-22, 25-21, 25-19, improving to 14-13 (9-8 MW) at Peterson Gym.