Big Week for Broncos
MW title hopes on the line when Boise State hosts Colorado State, then travels to Wyoming.
Nov. 15, 2016
THIS WEEK FOR BRONCO VOLLEYBALL
Boise State Notes | 2016 Almanac | Stats | Roster | Twitter | Facebook
Wednesday, Nov. 16
- Colorado State (19-7, 13-2MW) at Boise State (22-6, 13-2 MW)
- Boise, Idaho (Bronco Gym)
- 7:30 p.m. (Mountain)
- Live Stats on GameTracker
- Watch Live on Mountain West Network
- Streamed by Facebook Live: Boise State Broncos
- Parking: Free parking will be available in the stadium parking lots.
- Promotion: Show your ticket from the women's basketball game at 5:30 p.m. and get into volleyball free.
Friday, Nov. 18
- Boise State (22-6, 13-2 MW)
- Laramie, Wyo.
- 6:30 p.m. (Mountain)
- Live Stats
- Watch Live on Mountain West Network
Boise State (22-6, 13-2 MW) enters a big week with the Mountain West title on the line when the Broncos face Colorado State (19-7, 13-2 MW) at 7:30 p.m. (Mountain) in a battle for first place. Boise State then travels to fourth-place Wyoming (17-11, 10-5 MW) for a 6:30 p.m. encounter Friday night in Laramie where the Cowgirls are 11-1 this year. These are the lone meetings of the year for the Broncos versus these two teams.
This is a doubleheader with women's basketball who hosts Portland State at 5:30 p.m. in Taco Bell Arena, followed by volleyball in Bronco Gym. Anyone who buys a basketball ticket gets into volleyball match free.
The Broncos have won 11 straight and are coming off a pair of home sweeps last week over Fresno State and San Jose State. CSU won two road contests at San Diego State (3-2) and at Nevada (3-0), while Wyoming dropped two matches at Nevada (3-0) and San Diego State (3-2).
The Blue and Orange has never defeated Colorado State and is 0-12 all-time versus the Rams, they are 10-11 all-time versus Wyoming. The Broncos were picked to place a close second behind Colorado State in the MW Preseason Poll, while Wyoming was projected third out of the 11 teams.
BRONCO STORY LINES
- Boise State brings a 22-6 overall record and 13-2 league mark into the week, tied for first in the league.
- Boise State has an active 11-match win streak going, tied for 11th longest in nation ... they have dropped one set (33-1) during the streak.
- Boise State has earned its second-consecutive 20-win season and 11th in program history, the first back-to-back 20-win seasons since a five year stretch from 1986 to 1990.
- Broncos are ranked 33rd in the latest NCAA RPI ranking of the fall ... and 33rd in the Rich Kerns RPI.
- Boise State is hitting 25.8 percent (2nd MW/35th NCAA) as a team and holding opponents to 17.9 percent (3rd MW/71st NCAA) ... the Broncos are averaging 14.57 kills (1st MW/6th NCAA) and 2.53 blocks (4th MW/34th NCAA) per set.
- Nobley leads the MW in double-doubles this year recording 15 in 28 matches, she is second among active players in the MW with 32 in her career.
- Nobley has moved into second place on the Boise State career kills list with 1,384 ... first place (1,510) is most likely out of reach this year.
- Nobley has moved into fourth on the Boise State career points list with 1,546.5 ... she needs 16.5 to move into a tie for third at 1,563.0.
- The Mountain West Preseason Player of the Year leads the league on the year and in conference play in kills per set at 4.53 and 4.74, respectively ... on the year she is ranked 13th nationally.
- She leads the MW and is ranked 15th nationally for points per set at 5.09 ... she leads conference in MW play at 5.33.
- Has been named MW Offensive Player of the Week twice this season and a school record seven times in her career.
- Maddy O’Donnell moved into seventh place for career blocks in the win over Fresno State (Nov. 10) with fve to give her 370, she now has 375 and needs 29 to tie for sixth (404).
- Maddy O’Donnell is second on team and ninth in MW for scoring with 362 points (268 kills, 23 service aces, 13 block solos and 116 block assists) ... eighth in MW for points per set at 3.73.
- O’Donnell is second in the MW during league play for blocks per set at 1.54 with 77 total blocks ... on the year she is third in the MW and 31st in NCAA at 1.33 per set ... she is fourth in the MW and is 37th nationally for total blocks at 129.
- O’Donnell is fourth in the MW on the year and 51st nationally in hitting percentage at .360.
- Was named MW Offensive Player of the Week once this season (Oct. 17).
- Defensively, Maddi Osburn leads the MW and is 39th nationally in digs per set at 4.98 ... she has a league high 483 total digs which ranks 75th in the NCAA.
- Her 483 digs this year ranks fourth in school history ... she needs 10 to move into tie for fourth (493).
- Osburn is in 11th on the Bronco all-time career digs list with 1,154, four short of 10th (1,160).
- Has been named MW Defensive Player of the Week four times this season an five times in career.
- Oliver is the current school career hitting percentage record holder at .374 (735-163-1529) ... she is hitting .361 this season to rank first on the team, third in MW and 48th in NCAA.
- Oliver has 264 career blocks to rank 18th in program history, 12 short of 17th (276).
- Bulda leads MW and third nationally for assists per set at 11.80.
- She has 968 assists this year which is fourth in MW, 102nd in NCAA.
- Bulda ranks 16th in program history for career assists with 986.
QUICK LOOK AT COLORADO STATE
- Colorado State is 19-7 overall and 13-2 in league ... the Rams have won five straight and are coming off a road sweep last week at San Diego State (3-2) and at Nevada (3-0).
- The Rams return one starter and five letterwinners from last year’s squad that won the MW going undefeated at 18-0 and finished the year 26-4, falling in first round of NCAA tournament.
- Sanja Cizmic leads the Rams averaging 3.05 kills per set (12th MW) ... Kirstie Hillyer leads the MW in blocks per set at 1.58.
- As a team CSU hits 29 percent (1st MW/9th NCAA) and hold opponents to 17.2 percent (2nd MW/46th NCAA), they average 13.54 kills per set (3rd MW).
QUICK LOOK AT WYOMING
- Wyoming is 17-11 overall and 10-5 in league, fourth ... the Cowgirls are coming off two road defeats last week at Nevada (3-0) and at San Diego State (3-2).
- Wyoming returns five starters and 11 letterwinners from last year’s team that went 23-7 overall and 13-5 in MW, third.
- Laura Beach leads the MW in hitting percentage at .404 and leads the team in kills per set at 2.73 ... Kayla Slofkiss adds 2.61 kps.
- As a team the Cowgirls hit 20.7 percent (7th MW) and hold opponents to 15.8 percent (1st MW/17th NCAA), they average 11.64 kills per set (11th MW).