Sept. 30, 2015
Senior Sarah Baugh reached 3,000 career assists at Colorado State with a career-high 70, giving her 3,022. She now needs 54 more to move into fifth-place in career assists at Boise State, passing current Boise State assistant coach Breann (Nesselhuf) Crowell who had 3,075 (2009-11).
WEEK TWO OF CONFERENCE PLAY
Thursday, Oct. 1
- Match 1: UNLV at Boise State; 7 p.m. (Mountain)
- Parking will be available in the west stadium parking lot next to Bronco Gym.
- Match Promotion: Boise State Faculty and Staff Appreciation Night, faculty and staff receive free admission with their staff ID card ... White Out with a white rally towel give away.
- Live Stats | Live Video | Twitter
Saturday, Oct. 3
- Match 2: Fresno State at Boise State; 2 p.m. (Mountain)
- Parking will be available in the Lincoln Parking Garage on the fourth and fifth floors.
- Match Promotion: Parents & Family Weekend, free admission with parent & family weekend badge ... Camper Reunion, volleyball summer campers get in free wearing their camp shirt, while parents receive a half-priced $3 ticket.
- Live Stats | Live Video | Twitter
THIS WEEK FOR THE BRONCOS
- Boise State (8-6, 0-2 MW) returns home for the first time in four weeks to host Mountain West opponents UNLV (8-5, 1-0 MW) and Fresno State (8-7, 0-1 MW).
- Both matches will be held in Bronco Gym.
UNLV; Thursday, Oct. 1 at 7 p.m.
- The action begins this week on Thursday at 7 p.m. (all times are Mountain) when the UNLV Rebels come to town.
- The Rebels are 8-5 overall and 1-0 in league following a 3-1 victory at home over San Jose State last Saturday.
- UNLV was picked with Boise State to tie for second in the MW preseason poll, the Rebels return four starters and 10 letterwinners from 2014.
- Bree Hammel leads UNLV at 3.1 kills per set (9th MW) and is hitting 36.4 percent (4th MW) ... Ashley Owens leads defensively at 1.43 blocks per set (2nd MW).
- As a team UNLV hits 24.1 percent (3rd MW), averages 12.6 kills (6th MW) and 2.91 blocks (1st MW) per set.
- Boise State leads the all-time series 7-4 and the league series 5-2 ... they met once last year with the Broncos winning 3-1 at Las Vegas.
Fresno State; Saturday, Oct. 3 at 2 p.m.
- The action continues Saturday afternoon with the Fresno State Bulldogs at 2 p.m.
- Fresno State enters the week 8-7 overall and 0-1 in conference following a 3-2 home loss to San Jose State last Thursday to open league.
- The Bulldogs were picked to place ninth in the MW preseason poll, they return three starters plus the libero and seven letterwinners from 2014.
- Aleisha Coates leads Fresno State at 3.02 kills per set (10th MW) ... Carly Scarbrough hits a team-best 29.5 percent (10th MW).
- As a team Fresno State hits 19.8 percent (6th MW), averages 13.58 kills (2nd MW) and 2.05 blocks (8th MW) per set.
- Fresno State leads the all-time series 20-10, the MW league series is tied at 3-3 ... 11 of the last 15 matches have gone five sets ... last year the Broncos swept the Bulldogs winning both encounters 3-0.
Shawn Garus, Head Coach
- Garus currently sits at 217-218 overall in his 15-year career as a collegiate head coach.
- Garus is currently 102-98 at Boise State in his seventh season.
- Garus hit the 100 win milestone at Boise State when the Broncos defeated Abilene Christian 3-0 on Sept. 12.
- Garus ranks second in total wins in program history.
Team Statistical Rankings
- The week the Broncos lead the Mountain West and are ranked high nationally in three statistical categories.
- Hitting percentage of .280 leads the MW and is 14th nationally ... they finished 2014 ranked 24th nationally at .263, a school record.
- They average 14.7 kills per set to lead the MW and rank fourth nationally ... they finished last year ranked 17th in NCAA at 14.21 kps.
- Boise State dishes out 13.74 assists per set to lead the MW and rank third nationally ... the Broncos were 15th nationally at the end of 2014 at 13.25.
Sarah Baugh, Setter
- On the year, senior setter Sarah Baugh leads the MW and is third nationally in assists per set at 11.94.
- She also leads the MW and is ranked 34th in NCAA for total assists at 597.
- Became the sixth Bronco all-time to reach 3,000 career assists milestone when she had 70 at Colorado State (Sept. 26).
- The 70 assists versus CSU was a career-high and ranks as the 8th most all-time in program history, as well as the most during the rally scoring era.
- She needs 54 more assists to move into fifth-place in career assists at Boise State, passing current Boise State assistant coach Breann (Nesselhuf) Crowell who had 3,075 (2009-11).
Sierra Nobley, Outside Hitter
- Sophomore outside hitter Sierra Nobley has led the Broncos in kills during 12 of 14 matches this season.
- Leads MW and is ranked sixth nationally for kills per set at 4.82.
- Nobley leads the MW and is sixth in NCAA for points per set at 5.42.
- Ranks 26th nationally in total kills with 236 (2nd MW).
- She ranks seventh in the nation for attacks per set at 12.37.
Kaitlyn Oliver, Middle Blocker
- Redshirt-sophomore Kaitlyn Oliver leads the Broncos for blocks per set at 0.88 with 44 total on the year.
- Oliver ranks second in MW and 39th nationally in hitting percentage at .396.
Maddy O’Donnell, Middle Blocker / Outside Hitter
- Third on the team in kills per set at 2.51 with a total of 118 on the season.
- Ranked sixth in Mountain West and 103rd in NCAA for hitting percentage at .357.
Maddi Osburn, Libero
- Ranked second in MW and 74th nationally for digs per set at 4.6.
- Ranked fourth in MW and 104th in NCAA for total digs with 230.
- Tallying 37 digs in Boise State win at North Texas (Sept. 11), third most in program history and currently ranked fifth in NCAA for a five-set match during 2015 and tied for fifth in all matches.
- Recorded a team-high 32 digs at Colorado State (Sept. 26), tied for sixth most all-time at Boise State.