► What's Happening - The Boise State volleyball is hosting the University of Idaho for their first 2010 Western Athletic Conference home match on Wed., Sept. 29. The match against in-state rival Idaho has been dubbed a 'Blue Out', encouraging fans to wear all of their favorite blue Bronco gear. Along with wearing blue, the Broncos are encouraging as many fans as possible to come out to the 7 p.m. match at Bronco Gym.
► Ticket Information - Tickets to the match are general admission and are priced at $5 for adults, $3 for juniors & seniors, while Boise State students enter free with a student I.D. In addition, a Bronco Sports Pass is available at the athletic ticket office for Bronco fans that are looking for a season ticket to all volleyball, soccer, wrestling, women's basketball, gymnastics and softball competitions. The price for a Bronco Sports Pass is $50.
► Internet Coverage - Live stats will be available by going to the 'Multimedia' tab under www.broncosports.com and clicking on 'Live Stats' or by going to http://www.broncosports.com/liveStats/liveStats.dbml. A link will show up once the event is available. Video will be available on Bronco Vision, under the 'Multimedia' tab at www.broncosports.com. Monthly subscriptions for audio and video are available for $9.59, while just audio for a month is $4.95. A yearly subscription is $69.95.
► A Look at Boise State:
● Weekly Recap: The Broncos come off their first WAC matches of the season, opening conference play with a 1-1 record. They opened up at San Jose State fighting for a 3-2 win over the Spartans on Sept. 23. Boise State then traveled to Fresno, Calif., to face Fresno State where they lost a tough match (3-2) to the Bulldogs on Sept. 25. The loss snapped a 10-match win streak for the Broncos.
● About the Broncos: Boise State holds a 13-3 record on the season, including a 1-1 WAC record. Currently Alisha Young leads the team with 197 kills this season, while also leading in blocks (71) and points (255.0). Breann Nesselhuf leads the team in assists (653), while Kersti Whitney leads in aces (21). Amanda Remy leads the backcourt with 192 digs this season.
● Record Watch: A handful of Broncos are making their mark in the Boise State record books this season with Sadie Maughan, Alisha Young, Breann Nesselhuf and Lauren Hamm all inside the school's top-10 lists. Maughan and Young sit at No. 3 (1,025.0) and No. 4 (1,002.5), respectively, on the career points chart. The pair chases No. 2 Jeanette Jenkins who totaled 1,161.5 career points. Junior Elizabeth Griffin looks to move into the career points top-10 sitting at 470.5 total points (485.5 is No. 10). Maughan also sits among the top-10 in career blocks, totaling 351 blocks, good for No. 7 thus far (367 is No. 6 by Cameron Flunder). Nesselhuf moved to the No. 9 spot this week in career assists with 1,597 so far (No. 8 is 1,696). Lauren Hamm moved to No. 8 on the career digs list with 1,130, chasing down No. 7 at 1,160 digs.
● Boise State Head Coach: Shawn Garus enters his second season at Boise State and currently holds a 138-146 record over his career, as well as a 21-25 record at Boise State.
► Match 17 & Match 18 Preview - vs. Idaho and at Idaho:
● The Series: The Broncos and Vandals will meet for the 76th time in series history on Wed., Sept. 29, with Idaho holding the 47-28 series lead. Although the Vandals hold the series lead, Boise State proved to be a stronger team in 2009, going 2-1 over Idaho. Their most recent win over the Vandals came at the WAC Tournament, defeating their in-state rival in the quarterfinal round. Boise State also won in Boise last season, while the Vandals won their regular season match-up in Moscow.
● About the Vandals: Idaho enters the week with a 6-7 (1-1 WAC) record after winning 3-0 over Fresno State and falling 3-2 to San Jose State this past weekend. The team is led by Allison Walker who has totaled 155 kills this season, while Kelsey Taylor has added 51 total blocks at the net. Jennifer Feicht has run the team with her 278 assists, while Alicia Milo leads the team with 14 service aces. Cassie Hamilton leads the team in digs with 183 on the season.
● Idaho Head Coach: Debbie Buchanan is in her 11th season at Idaho, totaling a 155-154 overall record with the Vandals, including their 2010 matches.
► Match Club - Boise State volleyball has created a new way for fans to support the Bronco volleyball program. Check out the "Match Club" button on the volleyball page of the www.broncosports.com website for more details.
► All-Tournament Team Members - Alisha Young and Sadie Maughan were named to the 2010 Falcon Invitational All-Tournament Team, while Young and Breann Nesselhuf have been named to the 2010 Northwest Challenge All-Tournament Team. In the Uni/Wyo Cowgirl Classic, Young was joined by Liz Harden and Kersti Whitney on the all-tournament team, while Young also collected MVP honors. Most recently, Maughan was named as the NFINITY Wildcat Classic MVP, while also being joined by Nesselhuf on the all-tournament team.
► WAC Honors - Boise State's Sadie Maughan earned her first-ever WAC Player of the Week honor on Sept. 20 for her efforts during the Sept. 13-19 week. Maughan's honor was only the fourth-ever by a Bronco since joining the WAC.
► WAC Coaches Poll - Boise State was picked to finish fifth in the 2010 WAC Preseason Coaches' Poll in August, earning 35 points. Hawaii was picked to win its 15th-straight WAC title (64 points, 8 first place votes), New Mexico State was picked second (57 pts., one first place vote), Fresno State was picked third (44 pts.) and Utah State was picked fourth (38 pts.) to finish ahead of the Broncos. Rounding out the conference was Idaho in sixth (32 pts.), Nevada in seventh (30 pts.), Louisiana Tech in eighth (30 pts.) and San Jose State in ninth (9 pts.).