Broncos Travel to New Mexico and UNLV
Boise State continues MW play on the road this weekend against the Lobos Thursday and the Rebels on Saturday.
Sept. 27, 2017
THIS WEEK'S SCHEDULE
Mountain West Conference Play
Thursday, Sept. 28
Saturday, Sept. 30
- at UNLV | Las Vegas, Nev. | 4 p.m. (Mountain) | Live Stats | No Live Video Stream
WHAT IS HAPPENING THIS WEEK
- Boise State (9-5, 2-0 MW) continues MW play this week when the Broncos travel to New Mexico (9-5, 1-1 MW) and UNLV (4-11, 0-2 MW).
LAST WEEK FOR THE BRONCOS
- Boise State opened up Mountain West Conference play with a home sweep over Fresno State and San Diego State by 3-0 sweeps.
- Sabryn Roberts led the Broncos in each victory recording team-highs for kills in both and finishing with a combined 26 and hitting 27 percent, she also had 11 digs and four blocks.
- Freshman Kiley Lewis followed hitting 25 percent for 22 kills with three blocks. Senior libero led Boise State's defensive efforts tallying a team-high 25 digs and a perfect serve receive percentage on a team-high 37 receptions with no errors.
- Osburn broke the school record (1,491) for career digs on Saturday in the third set against the Aztecs finishing with 12 to make the new record 1,495 and counting.
ABOUT NEW MEXICO
- The Lobos enter the week at 9-5 overall and 1-1 in MW action.
- New Mexico is coming off a road split falling at No. 23 Colorado State (3-0) then regrouped to defeat Wyoming (3-0).
- UNM is averaging 12.85 kills per set (6th MW) while hitting .233 percent (2nd MW) on the year, the Lobos are holding opponents to .203 percent hitting (7th MW).
- UNM was picked to place 9th out of 11 in the MW preseason poll after returning three starters, the libero and seven letterwinners from last year's team.
- This will be the 13th meeting in the all-time series which is led by New Mexico 8-4 ... the Broncos have won three straight including a sweep in 2016, 3-2 at UNM and 3-0 in Boise.
- The Rebels enter the week at 4-11 overall and 0-2 in league play.
- UNLV is coming off a 0-2 record last week falling at Wyoming (3-2), then at No. 23 Colorado State (3-0)
- UNLV is averaging 10.67 kills per set (11th MW) while hitting .151 percent (11th MW) as a team, meanwhile the Rebels hold opponents to .234 percent (11th MW).
- The Rebels were picked to place seventh in the 2017 MW race after returning two starters and three letterwinners from last year's squad.
- This is the 16th meeting in the series which Boise State leads 10-5 ... the teams split last year with UNLV winning 3-1 at home and Boise State 3-0 in Bronco Gym.
BRONCO STORY LINES
OSBURN SETS CAREER DIGS RECORD
- Maddi Osburn has tallied 278 digs so far this season to set the school record for career digs at 1,495 and counting.
- The record breaking moment came in the third set against San Diego State (Sept. 23) at Boise State ... she needed nine to break record entering match, she finished with a team-high 12.
HEAD COACH Shawn Garus
- Coach Garus is the reigning two-time MW Coach of the Year (2015 and 2016), as well as the 2016 AVCA Region Coach of the Year.
- Garus is 260-231 overall in his 17-year career as a collegiate head coach, 2017 marks his 17th season.
- Garus is currently 152-112 at Boise State in his ninth season.
- Garus ranks second in total wins in program history, out of 10 coaches all-time.
- Garus has recorded six winning seasons, three (2010, 2015-16) with 20-plus wins, in the first eight seasons at Boise State.
NOBLEY LEADS THE MW IN DOUBLE-DOUBLES
- The senior outside hitter leads the MW with a league-high 42 career doubles, including seven this season.
NOBLEY AMONG NCAA CAREER LEADERS
- Sierra Nobley is currently ranked among the NCAA's top-6 for 2017's active players in four categories: third for career kills (1,677), third for kills per set (4.52), fourth for total attacks (4,292) and fifth for attacks per set (11.57).
OSBURN IN NCAA TOP-25 CAREER DIGS
- Senior libero Maddi Osburn is currently ranked 21st among active 2017 NCAA players for career digs with 1,495.