► What's Happening - Boise State's volleyball team hits the road for a week of competition in the neighboring states of Utah and Wyoming. They kick off their road trip with a Wednesday (Sept. 8) match at Weber State, followed by a five-team, round-robin tournament host by the University of Wyoming, Sept. 10-11.
► Tournament Schedule - The two-day, five-team tournament will be held Sept. 10-11, including nine matches overall.
11 am - Portland vs. Wyoming
1:30 pm - Northern Colorado vs. UT-Arlington
5 pm - Boise State vs. Portland
7 pm - UT-Arlington vs. Wyoming
9 am - Northern Colorado vs. Portland
11 am - UT-Arlington vs. Boise State
1:30 pm - Northern Colorado vs. Wyoming
5 pm - Portland vs. UT-Arlington
7 pm - Boise State vs. Wyoming
► Internet Coverage - Live stats and video for the Weber State match are not available.
Live stats for the Uni/Wyo Cowgirl Classic can be found at www.wyomingathletics.com under the volleyball schedule. Click on the 'Gametracker' button for the current match. Video is also available in some matches on the schedule page.
► A Look at Boise State:
● Weekly Recap: The Broncos come off of a five day, four-match weekend after hosting Portland State, Gonzaga and Washington on Fri., Sept. 3 and Sat., Sept. 4, followed by a home match against Utah Valley on Tues., Sept. 7. The Broncos went 3-1 over the weekend.
● About the Broncos: Boise State holds a 5-2 record entering the week with losses only to South Dakota State (1-3) and #9 Washington (0-3). They have earned 3-0 sweeps over Long Island, Gonzaga and Utah Valley. Alisha Young has been named to both the Falcon Invitational and Northwest Challenge All-Tournament Teams, while Sadie Maughan joined her on the Falcon Invite team and Breann Nesselhuf on the Northwest Challenge list. Young leads the team with 98 kills, seven aces, 25 blocks and 120.5 points. Nesselhuf leads with 283 assists while Amanda Remy has 94 digs to lead the Broncos this season.
● Boise State Head Coach: Shawn Garus enters his second season at Boise State and currently holds a 130-145 record over his career, as well as a 13-24 record at Boise State.
► Match 8 Preview - at Weber State:
● The Series: This will be the 41st meeting between Boise State and Weber State with the Broncos entering with the advantage of a 25-15 all-time series lead. Their last match on Sept. 4, 2004 ended in a 3-0 sweep by the Broncos. The series dates back to 1980.
● About the Wildcats: Weber State enters the week with a 0-7 record on the season. The team is led by Bethany Wray in kills (75) and service aces (5). Shanae Langston has matched Wray in aces to lead the team. Elli Graff has totaled 20 blocks while Nina Blake has totaled 20 digs to lead the team. Kim Lissinna has run the offense with her 157 assists.
● Weber State Head Coach: Al Givens is in his 18th year with the Wildcats and holds a 201-311 record, including his 0-7 record this season.
► Match 9 Preview - vs. Portland:
● The Series: Portland and Boise State enter their 12th meeting in the schools' history. Boise State leads the series 7-4, while Portland has won the last two meetings, including a 3-2 win on Sept. 10, 2004. The series dates back to 1979.
● About the Pilots: Portland enters the weekend with a 4-2 record thus far in the season. Ariel Usher leads the team in kills (82), Kate Bostwick in service aces (8) and Madison Smith in assists (253). Leading the Pilots' defense is Danielle Dupar with 135 digs and Marissa Plummer with 19 total blocks.
● Portland Head Coach: Joe Houck is in his third year with the Pilots and holds a 18-49 record, including the Pilots' 2010 matches.
► Match 10 Preview - vs. UT-Arlington:
● The Series: Saturday will be the first meeting between Boise State and University of Texas - Arlington.
● About the Mavericks: UT-Arlington enters the weekend with a 3-4 record on the season. They are led by Eld-hah Kaswatuka in kills (76), Reagan Daniel in assists (216), Kendal Whitson in service aces (6), Alicia Shaffer in digs (108) and Emily Shearin in total blocks (28).
● UT-Arlington Head Coach: Diane Seymour is in her seventh year with the Mavericks and holds a 96-93 record, including the Mavericks' 2010 matches.
► Match 11 Preview - at Wyoming:
● The Series: Saturday will mark the 11th meeting between Boise State and Wyoming, with the Cowgirls leading the series 7-3. The two teams most recently met on Sept. 1, 2005 with Wyoming walking away with a 3-0 sweep. The series dates back to 1979.
● About the Cowgirls: Wyoming enters the weekend with the top record, sitting at an undefeated 8-0 mark. Jodi Purdy leads the team in kills (77) and service aces (18), while Barbara Lasic has tallied a team high of 197 assists. Defensively Jadranka Tramoslijannin leads the team in digs (102) while JennaRae Jester leads in total blocks (36).
● Close Ties: Boise State sophomore defensive specialist Kersti Whitney's older sister, Lauren, is a senior, outside hitter for Wyoming.
● Wyoming Head Coach: Carrie Yerty is in her third year with the Cowgirls and holds a 26-38 record, including their 2010 matches.
► Match Club - Boise State volleyball has created a new way for fans to support the Bronco volleyball program. Check out the "Match Club" button on the volleyball page of the www.broncosports.com website for more details.
► All-Tournament Team Members - Alisha Young and Sadie Maughan were named to the 2010 Falcon Invitational All-Tournament Team, while Young and Breann Nesselhuf have been named to the 2010 Northwest Challenge All-Tournament Team.
► WAC Coaches Poll - Boise State was picked to finish fifth in the 2010 WAC Preseason Coaches' Poll in August, earning 35 points. Hawaii was picked to win its 15th-straight WAC title (64 points, 8 first place votes), New Mexico State was picked second (57 pts., one first place vote), Fresno State was picked third (44 pts.) and Utah State was picked fourth (38 pts.) to finish ahead of the Broncos. Rounding out the conference was Idaho in sixth (32 pts.), Nevada in seventh (30 pts.), Louisiana Tech in eighth (30 pts.) and San Jose State in ninth (9 pts.).