Broncos open season this weekend against Gonzaga, Portland State and No. 4 Washington at Bronco Gym.
There are nine days until the Boise State volleyball season begins.
Broncos picked two spots higher than they finished in 2013.
The first of four preview articles featuring the Broncos.
The Broncos return five starters and eight letterwinners
Boise State volleyball photo gallery for Colorado State match on Oct. 31, 2013.
Boise State volleyball photo gallery for Nevada match on Sept. 12, 2013.
Boise State volleyball photo gallery for Sacramento State match on Sept. 14, 2013.
Boise State volleyball photo gallery for San Diego State match on Oct. 26, 2013.
Boise State volleyball photo gallery for Wyoming match on Nov. 2, 2013.
INDOOR CAREER SUMMARY
- Kinghorn competes in two-sports both indoor and sand volleyball for Boise State.
- After redshirting as a true freshman has played in 54 matches since with 22 starts at outside hitter.
- Has accumulated 218 kills (1.37 kps), hitting percentage of 16.9 percent, seven assists (0.04 aps), 1 service aces (0.01 saps), 97 digs (0.61 dps), 63 blocks (0.40 bps) and 253 points (1.59 pps).
- CAREER HIGHS: 12 kills against Idaho (Sept. 12, 2013), hitting percentage of .750 (9-0-12) versus Nevada (Nov. 29, 2013), one assist (six times), one service ace against Nevada (Oct. 13, 2012), 21 digs against Gonzaga (Aug. 31, 2013), four blocks (four times) and 13 points against Idaho (Sept. 12, 2013).
2013 - REDSHIRT-SOPHOMORE HIGHLIGHTS
- Started in 16 of the 30 matches she played as an outside hitter ... saw action in 110 of the 112 sets during season.
- Tallied 164 kills, five assists, 59 digs, 46 blocks and 188.5 points ... hit 21.5 percent ... averaged 1.49 kills, 0.54 digs, 0.42 blocks and 1.71 points per set.
- Ranked fifth on team in kills, fourth in blocks and fifth in points.
- Recorded first career double-double in Bronco victory over Gonzaga (Aug. 31) with 11 kills and 21 digs, both were career highs at the time ... set a new career high for kills with 12 against Idaho (Sept. 12) while hitting 33.3 percent ... tied career high for blocks with four at Wyoming (Oct. 10) and against San Jose State (Nov. 16) ... set career mark for hitting percentage at .556 against Belmont at Northwestern Wildcat Challenge (Sept. 6).
2012 - REDSHIRT-FRESHMAN HIGHLIGHTS
- Started in six of 24 matches played, saw action in a total of 49 sets.
- Recorded 54 kills to average 1.1 per set.
- Season-high in kills was seven versus UC Irvine (Sept. 15) ... had three matches with six kills vs. American (Sept. 14) while hitting a career-high .500 pct., at Arizona (Sept. 14) and at New Mexico (Oct. 4) ... added two assists, one ace, 38 digs and 17 blocks to her season totals ... had a career-high 12 digs at New Mexico and four blocks at Arizona.
2011 - REDSHIRT
- Did not play in any matches during the season.
SAND CAREER SUMMARY
- Member of the 2014 inaugural sand volleyball team at Boise State.
- Saw action in 10 matches recording a 5-5 overall mark competing at numerous positions throughout the lineup from the No. 3 to No. 5 positions.
- Tied for the team-high in victories with five.
RIGBY HIGH SCHOOL
- 2011 graduate of Rigby High School in Rigby, Idaho.
- Four-year starter for the Trojan volleyball team ... played outside hitter and middle blocker during her career.
- Helped Trojans to a one-loss season and a 4A Idaho State runner-up finish in 2010 ... in 2007 and 2008 she was a member of the fourth-place team at state.
- VOLLEYBALL HONORS: Voted league player of the year, best district player and first-team all-state as a senior ... was a member of the all-star team.
- OTHER HONORS: also lettered in basketball and track at RHS ... helped her basketball team to its first district title in 30 years ... named first team all-state in basketball ... named the Local News 8 (Idaho Falls/Pocatello) Female Athlete of the Year ... graduated with high honors.
- Played club volleyball for the IFJ Juniors (Idaho Falls) where she was a starter and captain for two seasons.
- Earned overseas experience by playing in the European Global Challenge at Pula, Croatia, as a member of an American high performance team from the Intermountain Volleyball Association during the summer of 2013.