Feb. 7, 2014
WHAT'S HAPPENING THIS WEEK
- Boise State (4-0, 0-0 MW) continues its four-match homestand this weekend when the Broncos host their lone contest of the week as ITA Mountain Region opponent Brigham Young (0-2) comes to town.
- The match is scheduled for 10 a.m. Saturday in Boise State's Boas Indoor Tennis Center at 1507 S. Oakland Ave.
- Boise State is coming into the BYU encounter on a four-game win streak following two 7-0 sweeps at home over Weber State and Seattle last weekend.
- BYU has lost both of its matches entering the weekend losing 7-0 at No. 28 Tulsa and 4-3 at No. 41 Washington.
- The Cougars will play at Washington State on Friday prior to their Saturday encounter in Boise with the Broncos.
COACH ROGHAAR ON THIS WEEKEND
- "We are playing great tennis right now and feeling very confident with the matches we have under our belt so far this year."
- "BYU brought in the #3 recruiting class in the country this past fall, so it's going to be a clash of the titans and a great college tennis match."
- "Please help me in rallying the Bronco Nation troops for another record turnout this Saturday. We'd really love to make the Boas Tennis Center ELECTRIC again."
- "I can't tell you enough what a difference you all make by being there, and we want to continue to make our home turf one of the toughest places to play in college tennis. As always, parking and admission are free here at Boas Tennis Center."
FOLLOW THE BRONCOS
- On the web at: BroncoSports.com
- On Twitter at: BroncoSportsWTN
- On FaceBook at: Boise State University Women's Tennis
ITA REGIONAL RANKINGS
- Singles: Sophomore Teal Vosburgh is ranked 15th in the ITA Mountain Region, while senior Sandy Vo is tied for 18th.
- Doubles: The doubles team of seniors Sandy Vo and Morgan Basil entered the spring team season ranked tied for 10th.
QUICK LOOK AT BOISE STATE
- The Record: The Broncos are coming into the weekend undefeated at 4-0 after sweeping a pair of home matches last week to open the 2014 home schedule.
- The Broncos at Home: Boise State swept Weber State and Seattle last week to start the home season 2-0. The Broncos call both the Boas Indoor Tennis Center and the Appleton Outdoor Tennis Center home.
- The Broncos on the Road: Boise State is 2-0 away from Boise State this year with wins at Colorado (4-3) and Northern Colorado (7-0).
- Boise State Singles: During the first two weekends of the team dual season Boise State used has used two lineups: Sandy Vo is 4-0 at the No. 1 position and 9-3 overall in singles play this year. Teal Vosburgh is 3-1 at No. 2 (12-4 overall), Milena Tovseva is 4-0 at No. 3, Anissa Bryant-Swift is 3-1 on court four, Morgan Basil is 3-0 on court five (9-3 overall), while Megan LaLone is 1-0 at the five and 2-0 at six. Bobbi Oshiro and Sammie Watson are each 1-0 at the No. 6 position.
- Boise State Doubles: In doubles play Sandy Vo and Morgan Basil are 2-0 at the ones, Anissa Bryant-Swift and Vo are 1-0 at the one. At No. 2 doubles Basil and Megan LaLone at 1-1, while LaLone and Vosburgh are 2-0 playing at the No. 3.
- The Coach: Beck Roghaar is in his fourth season at Boise State where he is 4-0 in 2014 and 40-30 overall, his career mark is the same.