Boise State's women's tennis team completes sweep in Utah to open season 3-0...
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah - (2-3-07) - The Broncos opened the season with an impressive three match sweep over the weekend in Utah. After opening the season on Thursday with a 5-2 victory over WAC rival Utah State in Logan, Boise State traveled to Salt Lake City for two more at the University of Utah’s Eccles Tennis Center. Friday afternoon the Broncos down Montana State-Billings by sweeping all seven match points for the 7-0 victory over the Yellow Jackets. Boise State, ranked 66th nationally, then took on their hosts the Utah Utes Saturday evening handing the Mountain West Conference team and central region opponent a solid 6-1 defeat to complete the Broncos’ undefeated weekend in the Beehive state. In all, Boise State won 18 of the 21 points in the three matches on the opening weekend of the 2007 season.
Friday versus Montana State-Billings (BSU 7-0)...
On Friday against the Montana State-Billings Yellow Jackets, Boise State started out fast claiming the doubles point with three 8-0 victories. Laura Baum and Jana Mackova teamed up at the No. 1 doubles, while Polina Kokoulina and Klaudia Wlodarczyk paired up for the No. 2 doubles, and Tiffnay Cole and Bianca Jochimsen rounded out the doubles teams at the No. 3 position.
Singles went just as fast for the Broncos sweeping all six matches in straight sets, losing only two games combined between them. Bianca Jochimsen moved up from the No. 2 singles position on Thursday to play at the No. 1 Friday responding with a two-set (6-1, 6-0) victory over the Yellow Jackets’ Heidi Lehman. Polina Kokoulina moved to the second position where she defeated MSUB’s Brianne Roney 6-1, 6-0. The final four singles matches went in two sets by 6-0, 6-0 scores with Jana Mackova claiming her second win of the season at the No. 3, Klaudia Wlodarczyk also won her second match of the season but her first at the No. 4, Stacey Housley improved to 2-0 with a victory at the No. 5 singles, while Laura Baum won her first singles match of the season at the No. 6.
1. Laura Baum/Jana Mackova (BSU) def. Brianne Roney/Heidi Lehman (MSUB); 8-0
2. Polina Kokoulina/Klaudia Wlodarczyk (BSU) def. Mollie McAlpine/Marta Borges (MSUB); 8-0
3. Tiffany Coll/Bianca Jochimsen (BSU) def. Jenna Baltrusch/Victoria Fernandez (MSUB); 8-0
1. Bianca Jochimsen (BSU) def. Heidi Lehman (MSUB); 6-1, 6-0
2. Polina Kokoulina (BSU) def. Brianne Roney (MSUB); 6-1, 6-0
3. Jana Mackova (BSU) def. Marta Borges (MSUB); 6-0, 6-0
4. Klaudia Wlodarczyk (BSU) def. Mollie McAlpine (MSUB); 6-0, 6-0
5. Stacey Housley (BSU) def. Victoria Fernandez (MSUB); 6-0, 6-0
6. Laura Baum (BSU) def. Stacy Dix (MSUB); 6-0, 6-0
Saturday at the University of Utah (BSU 6-1)...
The Broncos had a harder time of it on Saturday when they took on the Utah Utes but still managed to win comfortably by a 6-1 score. The Utes were undefeated in doubles play until Saturday evening when they faced the Broncos. Boise State took the doubles point after sweeping all three matches. Boise State’s Tiffany Coll and Binaca Jochimsen took the No. 3 slot over Cinthia Saucedo and Jessica Carter 8-1. Utah’s Emily Kwok and Cheyenne Reveche gave the Broncos’ Polina Kokoulina and Klaudia Wlodarczyk a run at the No. 2 slot before bowing out 8-6. Meanwhile, Laura Baum and Jana Mackova claimed victory at the No. 1 position handing the Utes’ top pair of Elizabeth Ferris and Leigh Walsh an 8-4 defeat.
The singles play went the way of the Broncos as Utah struggled for a break through on their home courts. Boise State swept the No. 2 through No. 6 positions as they rolled past Utah. Polina Kokoulina improved to 2-1 overall with a three-set victory (6-2, 4-6, 6-2) at the No. 2 spot over Utah’s Emily Kwok. Jana Mackova remains undefeated in singles play to start the season with a two-set win (6-2, 6-1) over Cheyenne Reveche at the No. 3’s, The No. 4 position was won by Boise State’s Stacey Housley who improves to 2-0 with a three-set (6-4, 3-6, 6-2) win over Leigh Walsh, while Klaudia Wlodarczyk improved to 3-0 winning 6-4, 6-2 over Andrea Maughan at the No. 5. Tiffany Cole rounded out the Bronco points with a tough three-set 6-3, 2-6, 10-8 win over Karine Bourdages at the No. 6 singles.
The Utes pulled out a win by No. 67 Elizabeth Ferris at the No. 1 slot defeating Bianca Jochimsen 6-3, 6-0 for the lone Utah win.
1. Laura Baum/Jana Mackova (BSU) def. Elizabeth Ferris/Leigh Walsh (Utah); 8-4
2. Polina Kokoulina/Klaudia Wlodarczyk (BSU) def. Emily Kwok/Cheyenne Reveche (Utah); 8-6
3. Tiffany Coll/Bianca Jochimsen (BSU) def. Cinthia Saucedo/Jessica Carter (Utah); 8-1
1. #67 Elizabeth Ferris (Utah) def. Bianca Jochimsen (BSU); 6-3, 6-0
2. Polina Kokoulina (BSU) def. Emily Kwok (Utah);6-2, 4-6, 6-2
3. Jana Mackova (BSU) def. Cheyenne Reveche (Utah); 6-2, 6-1
4. Stacey Housley (BSU) def. Leigh Walsh (Utah); 6-4, 3-6, 6-2
5. Klaudia Wlodarczyk (BSU) def. Andrea Maughan (Utah); 6-4, 6-2
6. Tiffany Coll (BSU) def. Karine Bourdages (Utah); 6-3, 2-6, 10-8
- Men's Sports
- Women's Sports
- Staff Directory
- Bronco Sports Properties
- Media Relations
- Sports Medicine
- Blue Thunder Marching Band
- Spirit Squad
- Ticket Office
- Ticket Office Home
- 2017 Ticket Info
- My Account
- Buy Tickets
- Buy/Sell Tickets
- Accessibility/ADA Info
- Student Ticket Info
- Student Rewards Program
- Seating Charts
- Bronco Athletic Association
- BAA Home
- Bronco Luncheon Series
- Varsity B
- Boise State Hall of Fame
Boise State Ticket Office
1910 University Drive - MS 1230
Boise, ID 83725
Hours & Contact
Monday - Thursday | 9 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Friday | 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m
Phone: (208) 426-4737
Fax: (208) 426-2229
- FAN ZONE