Bryant-Swift won her singles match on court two.
Feb. 22, 2014
FRESNO, Calif. - Boise State women’s tennis fell 4-1 on the road to No. 63 Santa Clara Saturday afternoon in Fresno, Calif. Senior Anissa Bryant-Swift recorded Boise State’s lone team point in the match with a straight-set victory on court two. She also teamed up with doubles partner Milena Toseva to record the only doubles win for the Broncos. The loss drops Boise State to 4-3 overall with the Mountain West Conference opener against Fresno State looming Sunday morning in Fresno.
Santa Clara won the battle of the Broncos Saturday afternoon by opening with the key doubles point. SCU claimed wins over Boise State’s Sandy Vo and Morgan Basil (8-4) on court one, as well as over Megan LaLone and Teal Vosburgh on court two in a tie-break 8-7 (4). Boise State’s lone victory was on court three where Bryant-Swift and Toseva defeated Stephanie Skaras and Nicolette Wolny 8-7 (9).
Anissa Bryant-Swift recorded the Broncos lone victory as Boise State was trailing 3-0 in the team score. The senior from Bellevue, Wash., downed Santa Clara’s Chelby Cooke 7-5, 6-2 at No. 2 singles.
Toseva fell on court four 6-0, 6-0, while Morgan Basil lost on court five 7-6 (5), 6-0, followed by Megan LaLone’s defeat on court six 0-6, 6-3, 6-4.
Boise State’s No. 1 and three singles players did not finish their matches once the team point was decided. Sandy Vo was up 1-6, 7-5, 5-1 on court one over Katie Le of Santa Clara, while Teal Vosburgh was tied 6-7 (2), 6-1, 1-1 when they were stopped.
Boise State (4-3) vs. No. 63 Santa Clara (3-3)
Feb. 22, 2014
Fresno, Calif. (Fresno State)
Santa Clara def. Boise State 4-1
1. Le/Silva (SCU) def. Vo/Basil (BSU), 8-4
2. Cooke/Rouvillois (SCU) def. LaLone/Vosburgh (BSU), 8-7 (4)
3. Bryant-Swift/Toseva (BSU) def. Skaras/Wolny (SCU), 8-7 (9)
Order of finish: 1,2,3
1. Sandy Vo (BSU) vs. Katie Le (SCU), 1-6, 7-5, 5-1 DNF
2. Anissa Bryant-Swift (BSU) def. Chelby Cooke (SCU), 7-5, 6-2
3. Teal Vosburgh (BSU) vs. Danielle Silva (SCU), 6-7 (2), 6-1, 1-1 DNF
4. Delphine Rouvillois (SCU) def. Milena Toseva (BSU), 6-0, 6-0
5. Stephanie Skaras (SCU) def. Morgan Basil (BSU), 7-6 (5), 6-0
6. Nicolette Wolny (SCU) def. Megan LaLone (BSU), 0-6, 6-3, 6-4
Order of finish: 4,5,2,6