What’s Happening: The Boise State swimming & diving team travels to the Golden State to take on Western Athletic Conference foe San Jose State. The diving portion of the competition will begin Friday, Oct. 31 at 6:30 p.m. at Stanford’s Avery Aquatic Center, while the swimming events will take place Saturday, Nov. 1, beginning at 11:30 a.m.
About San Jose: San Jose State comfortably got past host UC Santa Cruz and Fresno State to improve to 7-1 on the dual season in Santa Cruz, Calif., on Saturday. Both opponents were competing in their season openers, with Fresno State re-introducing its program for the first time after a four-year hiatus. The Spartans' only loss thus far has come at national powerhouse Stanford, last year's third-place squad at the NCAA Championships, in their own opener on Friday, October 3.
The Schedule: The meet has a standard 16-event format, with the 14 swimming events in the following order:
200 medley relay
200 free relay
Results: Following each day of competition, results can be found on the Bronco Athletics website at www.broncosports.com.
Last Time Out: The Broncos earned their first dual victory of the season after a pair of wins against Air Force and Northern Colorado at the WAC Shoot-Out in Las Cruces. Boise State junior Chelsea Lopus finished the WAC Shoot-Out with four wins and two school records.
Record Breaking Broncos: The Broncos have set 10 school records so far this season, with four of those being relays. Here is a list of those that have been broken ...
1. Emily Irvin 1:06.48 Oct. 10, 2008 at WAC Shootout
1. Stephanie North 24.06 Oct. 4, 2008 vs. Utah & Washington
1. Stephanie North 52.11 Oct. 3, 2008 vs. Utah & Washington
1. Katelyn Lofland 10:32.32 Oct. 10, 2008 at WAC Shootout%
1. Chelsea Lopus 2:08.29 Oct. 10, 2008 at WAC Shootout%
1. Chelsea Lopus 4:32.73 Oct. 11, 2008 at WAC Shootout%
200 Free Relay
1. Boucher, North, Eichner, Nowatzke 1:38.49 Oct. 3, 2008 (vs. Utah & Washington)
400 Free Relay
1. Boucher, North, Green, Nowatzke 3:36.12 Oct.4, 2008 (vs. Utah & Washington)
200 Medley Relay
1. Green, Hahto, Lopus, Boucher 1:47.46 Oct. 3, 2008 (vs. Utah & Washington)
400 Medley Relay
1. McLain, Irvin, Lopus, North 3:59.47 Oct. 11, 2008 (at WAC Shootout)