Boise State Closes 2016 at Home
Broncos host an all Idaho tournament this Saturday.
April 21, 2016
- Event: Boise State Beach Volleyball Exhibition Tournament
- Location: Boise, Idaho
- Facility: Boise State Sand Volleyball Courts (corner of Oakland Ave. and Belmont St.)
- When: Saturday, April 23 (All Day)
- Admission: Free to the public
- Internet Scoring: No Live Scoring
- Internet Video: Limited live video streaming
- Boise State Stats: Season Stats
- 12:00 p.m. - Northwest Nazarene vs. Boise State
- 1:30 p.m. - Southern Idaho vs. Northwest Nazarene
- 3:00 p.m. - Southern Idaho vs. Boise State
- 4:30 p.m. - College of Idaho vs. Southern Idaho
- 6:00 p.m. - College of Idaho vs. Boise State
- Parking is free and will be available in the Lincoln Parking Garage on fourth and fifth floors.
- Patrons will need to print off a ticket from one of the kiosks located throughout the garage and place on your dash.
- Please remember your parking space number since it will have to be entered at the kiosk.
- You will be able to select parking for “beach volleyball” at the kiosk and there will be no cost.
- Boise State (5-6) beach volleyball concludes its 2016 campaign this Saturday with the Boise State Beach Volleyball Exhibition Tournament featuring an all Idaho lineup: College of Idaho, College of Southern Idaho and Northwest Nazarene University ... all matches at the tournament are exhibition contests and do not count towards any records.
- The team matches will run back-to-back with Boise State’s contests not starting any earlier than what was originally scheduled.
- The tournament opens with the Broncos taking on the Northwest Nazarene Crusaders at noon ... Boise State will then play Southern Idaho at 3 p.m., followed by the final match of the day against the College of Idaho at 6 p.m.
- There will also be two neutral site matches featuring the defending NJCAA indoor champion Southern Idaho Golden Eagles against NNU at 1:30 p.m. and the C of I at 4:30 p.m., the Crusaders and Coyotes will not play each other.
- There will be live video stream on BroncoSports.com for Boise State's matches.
BOISE STATE SAND VOLLEYBALL COURTS
- The Boise State Sand Volleyball Courts are located on campus at the corner of S. Oakland Avenue and Belmont Street, southwest of the Lincoln Parking Garage and behind (west) of the Lincoln Townhomes.
- Fans are encouraged to bring their own lawn chairs and blankets to sit on, there is a raised grassy berm on three sides of the courts for spectators to sit.
RECENTLY FOR BOISE STATE
- Boise State just completed a nine-day road trip which began at Stanford April 9-10 where the Broncos went 1-3 overall with a win over Stanford (3-2) and losses to Saint Mary’s (3-2), Arizona State (3-2) and California (4-1).
- The Broncos then went to Honolulu, Hawaii, where they played the fifth-ranked Hawaii Rainbow Wahine on April 12 falling 4-1 ... Boise State then defeated Hawaii Pacific 5-0 in an exhibition match on April 13.
- The trip wrapped up at the Sacramento State Tournament April 15-16 where Boise State defeated Sac State 4-1, before falling in two tight affairs 3-2 to Pacific and Cal Poly.
LOOKING AT BOISE STATE
- Boise State is in its third season of beach volleyball.
- The Broncos concluded the 2016 regular season last Saturday at the Sacramento State Tournament where the Broncos went 1-2 to finish the year at 5-6 overall.
- The five wins by the Broncos set a new school record for a season, surpassing the four won in both 2014 (4-7) and 2015 (4-11).
- Boise State was led on the year by its No. 3 pair of Kaitlyn Oliver and Maddi Osburn, as well as their No. 5 pair of Laney Hayes and Jaymee-Lee Bulda, both teams finished the year 8-3 overall, the top record for a season in program history.
- The No. 3 and 5 pairs tied the school record for wins in a season and along with Sarah Baugh and Sierra Nobley (6-5) at No. 2 pair became the first Bronco teams, who played at least half a campaign together, to finish the season with winning records in the program’s three-year history.
THE LONE SENIOR
- Boise State will return everyone next year but its lone senior Sarah Baugh.
- Baugh was a member of the inaugural Boise State team in 2014.
- The native of Poulsbo, Wash., finished her three-year beach volleyball career as the school record holder for most career wins with 15.
- Over the last two years she was paired with Sierra Nobley at No. 2, they went a combined 13-13 at that position during that time span.