Broncos Open Conference Tournament with Nevada
What's Happening This Week: The No. 3-seeded Boise State women's soccer team will face No. 6 Nevada in the opening round of the Mountain West Tournament in San Diego, Wednesday Oct. 31 at 5 p.m. MT.
Follow the Action: Live stats for each match will be available HERE.
Fans can also receive live in-game updates via twitter by following @broncosportssoc.
► Match 20 Preview - Nevada - Wednesday, Oct. 31 - 5 p.m. MT
• The Series: Boise State holds an 11-1-1 record in the series after defeating the Wolf Pack once already this season.
• Last Time: These two teams won't have to look very far back for a scouting report as they met up in the regular-season finale. Boise State pulled out a 1-0 victory off a goal from Ashley Hruby in the 43rd minute. Boise State finished with a 19-14 shots advantage but conceded eight corners in the match.
• Scouting the Wolf Pack: Nevada is currently in a two-way tie for fifth in the conference, two points behind the Boise State. The Wolf Pack has scored only 12 goals in 17 matches for an average of 0.71 goals/game, the lowest in the conference. When Nevada does score, it is likely to come from the foot of sophomore midfielder Chrisalyn Fonte, who has five goals and three assists this season. On the defensive end, Nevada ranks fifth in goals against average (1.12/game) and is helmed by goalkeeper and reigning defensive player of the week, Dana Moreno.
2012 Bronco Season Notebook
► All-Conference Honors - Brooke Heidemann earned both First Team All-Mountain West honors along with being named the conference's Freshman of the Year, Tuesday, while teammates Lauren Hickok, Katy Oehring, Mandy Nader and Shannon Schueren were each picked to the All-Mountain West Second Team.
It marks the second time the Broncos have had a conference Freshman of the Year after Shannon Saxton earned the Western Athletic Conference Award in 2007. Heidemann is also the ninth player in Boise State history to be named to a conference first team.
► Comin' in Hot - The Broncos are unbeaten in its last five matches, holding a record of 4-0-1. The team's last loss came against San Diego State, Oct. 5. During those five matches, the Orange and blue have allowed only two goals and recorded three shutouts.
► Player of the Week - Goalkeeper Megan Blanchard was named the Mountain West Defensive Player of the Week for her shutout of Nevada last week on senior day. The win and shutout were each the first of her career.
► Beating Expectations - Boise State finished tied for second in the Mountain West this season after being picked sixth in the Mountain West Preseason Coaches' Poll. It marks the fifth time in the last seven seasons that the Broncos have finished higher than they were projected.
► Movin' On Up -Lauren Hickok passed Lindsay Roberts for the most career starts in Boise State history with her 80th start against UNLV. Hickok will make her 82nd start against Nevada, Wednesday. She still ranks second behind Roberts in minutes played (6,882) and is tied for third in games played (82).
Mandy Nader is third on the minutes list with 6,207 and just cracked the top 10 for games started, with 67. She and fellow senior Erica Parks are sixth on the games played list with 80 apiece.
Parks is also currently in a tie for third on the career goals list (16) and ranks sixth in career points with 37. The senior needs two points to surpass Abbe Roche for fifth, and four points to jump Kaziah Hill and Randi Baker for third all-time. Parks is also tied for second with eight career game-winning goals, one behind the school record.
► Second-Half Siege - The Broncos have scored 17 of the season's 22 goals in the second half or later.
► Young Guns - Head coach Steve Lucas has given the 2012 newcomers a chance to shine as five freshmen have started 11 or more games this season.
► Trends Of Success - Boise State is 8-0-0 in matches where they score the first goal compared to 1-8-2 when conceding the first goal.
The Broncos are also undefeated (4-0-0) when they score two or more goals in a match.
► No Place Like Home - Boise State finished 6-2-2 at the Boas Soccer Complex where it has outscored opponents 15-8 this season while outshooting them 163-125. Overall, the Broncos own a 47-22-17 at the facility all-time.
- Men's Sports
- Women's Sports
- Staff Directory
- Bronco Sports Properties
- Media Relations
- Sports Medicine
- Blue Thunder Marching Band
- Spirit Squad
- Ticket Office
- Ticket Office Home
- 2017 Ticket Info
- My Account
- Buy Tickets
- Buy/Sell Tickets
- Accessibility/ADA Info
- Student Ticket Info
- Student Rewards Program
- Seating Charts
- Bronco Athletic Association
- BAA Home
- Bronco Luncheon Series
- Varsity B
- Boise State Hall of Fame
Boise State Ticket Office
1910 University Drive - MS 1230
Boise, ID 83725
Hours & Contact
Monday - Thursday | 9 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Friday | 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m
Phone: (208) 426-4737
Fax: (208) 426-2229
- FAN ZONE