Broncos Host Nevada for Senior Day
What's Happening This Week: The Boise State women's soccer team will honor its eight seniors during the last home match the season, Saturday. The Broncos will face Nevada at 1 p.m., in a match that will help decide seeding heading into next week's Mountain West Tournament.
Promotions: Kids 12-and-under can wear their Halloween costume to the match and get in free. Also, the first 100 fans will receive a Bronco rally towel.
Follow the Action: Live stats for each match will be available HERE, and live video will be provided with registration HERE.
Fans can also receive live in-game updates via twitter by following @broncosportssoc.
► Match 19 Preview - Nevada - Saturday, Oct. 27 - 1 p.m. MT
• The Series: Boise State holds a 10-1-1 record in the series and a 6-1-0 record when the two teams meet in Boise. Ten of the 12 matches have been conference battles while the two teams were members of the Western Athletic Conference.
• Last Time: The last time these two teams met was in 2010 at Reno. Ashley Walsh gave the Broncos an early lead with an unassisted goal in the 12th minute but the Wolf Pack responded with a score of its own in the 39th. The two teams continued to put up shots for the remainder of the match, but neither could convert. Liz Ruiz served as a wall in front of the net, making eight saves, five in the first half. The match went to overtime where Erica Parks served as the hero, scoring from inside the six yard box in the 97th minute to give the Broncos a 2-1 win.
• Scouting the Wolf Pack: Nevada is currently in a two-way tie for fifth in the conference, two points behind the Boise State. The Wolf Pack has scored only 12 goals in 17 matches for an average of 0.71 goals/game, the lowest in the conference. When Nevada does score, it is likely to come from the foot of sophomore midfielder Chrisalyn Fonte, who has five goals and three assists this season. On the defensive end, Nevada ranks fifth in goals against average (1.12/game) and is helmed by goalkeeper and reigning defensive player of the week, Dana Moreno.
2012 Bronco Season Notebook
► Between the Pipes - Boise State goalkeeper Maddy McDevitt entered the season with only three appearances and 270 minutes played. Since earning the starting job in the preseason, the redshirt sophomore has started every match and played the ninth-most minutes of any goalkeeper in the country (1,719:50).
► Movin' On Up -Lauren Hickok passed Lindsay Roberts for the most career starts in Boise State history with her 80th start against UNLV last week. Hickok still ranks second behind Roberts in minutes played (6,803) and is tied for fourth in games played (81).
Mandy Nader moved to third on that minutes played list with, 6,117 and just cracked the top 10 for games started, with 66. She and fellow senior Erica Parks are tied for sixth on the games played list with 79 apiece.
Parks is also currently in a tie for third on the career goals list (16) and ranks sixth in career points with 37. The senior needs two points to surpass Abbe Roche for fifth, and four points to jump Kaziah Hill and Randi Baker for third all-time. Parks is also tied for second with eight career game-winning goals, one behind the school record.
► Second-Half Siege - The Broncos have scored 17 of the season's 21 goals in the second half or later.
► No Place Like Home - Boise State is 5-2-2 at the Boas Soccer Complex where it has outscored opponents 14-8 this season while outshooting them 144-111. Overall, the Broncos own a 46-22-17 at the facility all-time.
► A "Schuer" Thing - Sophomore Shannon Schueren has recorded six goals, two assists, and 14 points this season, leading the team in each category. Her averages of 0.43 goals/game and 0.88 goals/game rank fourth and fifth in the conference, respectively.
► Young Guns - Head coach Steve Lucas has given the 2012 newcomers a chance to shine as five freshmen have started 11 or more games this season.
► Trends Of Success - Boise State is 7-0-0 in matches where they score the first goal. The Broncos picked up their first come-from-behind win last weekend against Fresno State.
The Broncos are also undefeated (4-0-0) when they score two or more goals.
- Men's Sports
- Women's Sports
- Staff Directory
- Bronco Sports Properties
- Media Relations
- Sports Medicine
- Blue Thunder Marching Band
- Spirit Squad
- Ticket Office
- Ticket Office Home
- 2017 Ticket Info
- My Account
- Buy Tickets
- Buy/Sell Tickets
- Accessibility/ADA Info
- Student Ticket Info
- Student Rewards Program
- Seating Charts
- Bronco Athletic Association
- BAA Home
- Bronco Luncheon Series
- Varsity B
- Boise State Hall of Fame
Boise State Ticket Office
1910 University Drive - MS 1230
Boise, ID 83725
Hours & Contact
Monday - Thursday | 9 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Friday | 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m
Phone: (208) 426-4737
Fax: (208) 426-2229
- FAN ZONE