Broncos Look to Knock off No. 10 San Diego State
What's Happening This Week: The Boise State soccer team (5-7-1) will look to upset No. 10 San Diego State when the Aztes come to Boise Friday, Oct. 5 at 4 p.m. San Diego State is the first ranked team Boise State has hosted in the program's 15-year history.
Follow the Action: Live stats for Friday's match will be available HERE, and live video will be provided with registration HERE.
Fans can also receive live in-game updates via twitter by following @broncosportssoc.
► Match 14 Preview - San Diego State - Friday, Oct. 5 - 4 p.m. MT
• The Series: Boise State won the only matchup between the two teams, in 2011.
• Last Time: The Broncos got their first win in the Mountain West when they went to San Diego State and defeated the Aztecs, 1-0. Forward Kati Lucas scored a goal in the 52nd minute that bounced off the left post and into the net to give Boise State the win despite being outshot 15-6. The win was a big one for goalkeeper Liz Ruiz as it was the 27th of her career, a Boise State record. It was also Steve Lucas' 100th win as head coach of the program.
• Scouting the Aztecs: San Diego State is 10-1-1 with its only loss coming against No. 2 Stanford and the draw at No. 21 Santa Clara. Senior forward Megan Jurado has provided the offensive firepower for the Aztecs with eight of the team's 20 goals while tacking on three assists for a total of 19 points. At the defensive end, redshirt sophomore goalkeeper Rachel Boaz ranks ninth nationally with a .418 goals-against-average. She has surrendered just five goals in 1076:37 minutes of action. San Diego State has been tested in close matches this season as eight of the team's 12 games have been decided by a goal or less.
2012 Bronco Season Notebook
► Vs. Ranked Opponents - The Broncos are looking for their first points against a ranked team as the Orange and Blue are 0-4-0 all time against teams in the NSCAA top 25. Previous matches include No. 11 Texas A&M in 2005 (L, 0-2), No. 13 California in 2006 (L, 1-2), No. 20 California in 2008 (L, 0-2) and No. 3 UCLA in 2009 (L, 1-7).
► No Place Like Home - Boise State is 4-1-1 at the Boas Soccer Complex this season making them 45-21-16 at the facility all-time. The best season record at home came in 2009 when the Broncos went 8-2-3, which included a WAC Tournament Championship on their home field.
► Young Guns - Head coach Steve Lucas has given the 2012 newcomers a chance to shine as five freshmen have started six or more games this season.
► Trends Of Success - Each of Boise State's five wins have come in matches where they score the first goal.
So far, the magic number for the Broncos has been two. The squad is 3-0-0 in matches where they score two or more goals.
The Broncos are 2-0-0 when they carry a lead into the locker room at halftime.
► Between the Pipes - Goalkeeper Maddy McDevitt has played all 1,218:35 minutes in goal for the Broncos this season, ranking 15th in the nation for minutes played by a keeper. McDevitt has needed to learn on the fly after playing a total of 270 minutes heading into the season.
► Movin' On Up - Lauren Hickok has been a staple in the Boise State lineup each of her four years as a Bronco. The senior is second in minutes played (6,342), third in games started (75) and eighth in games played (76).
Mandy Nader has also cracked the career top-10 list for minutes played. The Orange, Calif., native is fifth with 5,628.
Erica Parks is currently in a tie for third on the career goals list (16) and ranks sixth in career points with 37. The senior needs two points to surpass Abbe Roche for fifth, and four points to jump Kaziah Hill and Randi Baker for third all-time. Parks is also tied for second with eight career game-winning goals, one behind the school record.
► A "Schuer" Thing - Sophomore Shannon Schueren has recorded five goals, two assists, and 12 points this season, leading the team in each category. The central midfielder has been involved in seven of the Broncos' 16 goals.
Her 0.45 goals per game is tied for fourth in the Mountain West this season while her 1.09 points per game is sixth.
- Men's Sports
- Women's Sports
- Staff Directory
- Bronco Sports Properties
- Media Relations
- Sports Medicine
- Blue Thunder Marching Band
- Spirit Squad
- Ticket Office
- Ticket Office Home
- 2017 Ticket Info
- My Account
- Buy Tickets
- Buy/Sell Tickets
- Accessibility/ADA Info
- Student Ticket Info
- Student Rewards Program
- Seating Charts
- Bronco Athletic Association
- BAA Home
- Bronco Luncheon Series
- Varsity B
- Boise State Hall of Fame
Boise State Ticket Office
1910 University Drive - MS 1230
Boise, ID 83725
Hours & Contact
Monday - Thursday | 9 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Friday | 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m
Phone: (208) 426-4737
Fax: (208) 426-2229
- FAN ZONE