Broncos Open Conference Play at New Mexico
What's Happening This Week: The Boise State soccer team (5-6-1) will begin its Mountain West slate this weekend when it travels to Albuquerque, N.M., to face reigning conference champion New Mexico, Friday at 6 p.m.
Follow the Action: Live stats for Friday's match will be available HERE, and live video will be provided with registration HERE.
Fans can also receive live in-game updates via twitter by following @broncosportssoc.
► Match 13 Preview - New Mexico - Friday, Sept. 28 - 6 p.m. MT
• The Series: Boise State is 0-2 against New Mexico all-time after playing each of the last two seasons. The teams have never met in Albuquerque.
• Last Time: Boise State was handed a 2-0 defeat against the Lobos in conference play last season in Boise. Natalie Jenks scored the team's first goal right before the teams headed in for half time, finishing a Rachel Montoya cross in the 41st minute. The Broncos played a goal down until the 86th minute when New Mexico's Jennifer Williams sealed the match with another score.
• Scouting the Lobos: New Mexico is 6-4-1 this season and comes into the match after winning six of its past seven contests. The Lobos have also recorded three-consecutive shutouts, not conceding a goal for 312:06. Rachel Montoya leads the team on offense with 10 points on four goals, while Kelli Cornell has brought her GAA down to 0.97 after strong play as of late.
2012 Bronco Season Notebook
► Trends Of Success - Each of Boise State's five wins have come in matches where they score the first goal.
So far, the magic number for the Broncos has been two. The squad is 3-0-0 in matches where they score two or more goals.
The Broncos are 2-0-0 when they carry a lead into the locker room at halftime.
► Between the Pipes - Goalkeeper Maddy McDevitt has played all 1,128:35 minutes in goal for the Broncos this season, ranking fourth in the nation for minutes played by a keeper. McDevitt has needed to learn on the fly after playing a total of 270 minutes heading into the season.
► Movin' On Up - Lauren Hickok has been a staple in the Boise State lineup each of her four years as a Bronco. The senior is second in minutes played (6,261), fourth in games started (74) and ninth in games played (75).
Mandy Nader has also cracked the career top-10 list for minutes played. The Orange, Calif., native is fifth with 5,553.
Erica Parks is currently in a tie for third on the career goals list (16) and ranks sixth in career points with 37. The senior needs two points to surpass Abbe Roche for fifth, and four points to jump Kaziah Hill and Randi Baker for third all-time. Parks is also tied for second with eight career game-winning goals, one behind the school record.
► A "Schuer" Thing - Sophomore Shannon Schueren has recorded five goals, two assists, and 12 points this season, leading the team in each category. The central midfielder has been involved in seven of the Broncos' 16 goals.
Her 1.20 points per game and 0.50 goals per game are each tied for fourth in the Mountain West this season.
► No Place Like Home - Boise State is 4-1-1 at the Boas Soccer Complex this season making them 45-21-16 at the facility all-time. The best season record at home came in 2009 when the Broncos went 8-2-3, which included a WAC Tournament Championship on their home field.
► Impact Freshmen - Brooke Heidemann (Meridian, Idaho) and Dominique Banks (Cypress, Calif.) stamped their names on the season when they were named to the Viking Classic All-Tournament Team, Sept. 9.
- Men's Sports
- Women's Sports
- Staff Directory
- Bronco Sports Properties
- Media Relations
- Sports Medicine
- Blue Thunder Marching Band
- Spirit Squad
- Ticket Office
- Ticket Office Home
- 2017 Ticket Info
- My Account
- Buy Tickets
- Buy/Sell Tickets
- Accessibility/ADA Info
- Student Ticket Info
- Student Rewards Program
- Seating Charts
- Bronco Athletic Association
- BAA Home
- Bronco Luncheon Series
- Varsity B
- Boise State Hall of Fame
Boise State Ticket Office
1910 University Drive - MS 1230
Boise, ID 83725
Hours & Contact
Monday - Thursday | 9 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Friday | 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m
Phone: (208) 426-4737
Fax: (208) 426-2229
- FAN ZONE