Boise State Makes Trip to East Coast
What's Happening This Week: The Boise State soccer team will make its longest road trip of the season this week when the team travels to Annapolis, Md., to face Navy, Friday before heading north to Philadelphia for a match against Penn, Sunday. Match times are slated for 7 p.m. ET and Noon ET, respectively.
Follow the Action: Live stats for Friday's match against Navy will be available HERE, and live video will be provided with registration HERE.
Live video will be available for Sunday's match, HERE.
Fans can also receive live in-game updates via twitter by following @broncosportssoc.
► Match 11 Preview - Navy - Friday, Sept. 21 - 7 p.m. ET
• The Series: Boise State is 0-1 against Navy all-time.
• Last Time: The only meeting between the two schools came in 2009 at Navy and resulted in a 2-1 defeat for Boise State. In the early going, the Midshipmen jumped all over the Broncos with goals in the 6th and 16th minutes. Shannon Saxton would get a goal back for the Orange and Blue after getting a one-on-one opportunity with the Navy goalkeeper in the 36th minute, but the goal-scoring would end there for both sides.
• Scouting the Midshipmen: Navy enters the weekend with a 9-1-0 record this season with its only loss coming against Maryland which was ranked 13th at the time. The Midshipmen have found success with a potent offensive attack, averaging 3.10 goals per match which is tied for sixth-best in country. In total, the Mids have scored 31 goals compared to their opponents' 13 (1.30 gpg). Forwards Ashlynn Soellner and Morgan Dankanich lead the team with six goals apiece, while Poloma Perez has created chances and tallied six assists thus far.
► Match 12 Preview - Penn - Sunday Sept. 23 - Noon ET
• The Series: This is the first meeting between Boise State and Penn.
• Scouting the Quakers: Penn is 3-3-0 and is coming off a double-overtime win against Sacramento State last Sunday. The Quakers' seven goals this season have come from seven different players. Also, no player has more than one assist. It has been a tale of two halves for Penn, as six of the seven team goals have come in the second half or overtime.
2012 Bronco Season Notebook
► Trends Of Success - Each of Boise State's four wins have come in matches where they score the first goal.
So far, the magic number for the Broncos has been two. The squad is 3-0-0 in matches where they score two or more goals.
The Broncos are 2-0-0 when they carry a lead into the locker room at halftime.
► No Place Like Home - Boise State is 4-1-1 at the Boas Soccer Complex this season making them 45-21-16 at the facility all-time. The best season record at home came in 2009 when the Broncos went 8-2-3, which included a WAC Tournament Championship on their home field.
► Movin' On Up - Erica Parks is currently in a tie for third on the career goals list (16) and ranks sixth in career points with 37. The senior needs two points to surpass Abbe Roche for fifth, and four points to jump Kaziah Hill and Randi Baker for third all-time. Parks is also tied for second with eight career game-winning goals, one behind the school record.
Lauren Hickok has been a staple in the Boise State lineup each of her four years as a Bronco. The senior is fourth in minutes played and fifth in games started (72). She has started in all but one of the games she has appeared in.
Mandy Nader has also cracked the career top-10 list for minutes played. The Orange, Calif., native is eighth with 5,400.
► The Other Coast - Boise State has a history of struggling in matches played in the Eastern Time Zone, holding a 1-4-1 record all-time. The team's last trip to the East Coast was a mixed bag as the team went 1-1 at the Navy Invitational in 2009.
► A "Schuer" Thing - Sophomore Shannon Schueren has recorded five goals, two assists, and 12 points this season, leading the team in each category. The central midfielder has been involved in seven of the Broncos' 14 goals.
Her five goals is tied for second in the Mountain West while her 12 points is tied for third-best in the conference.
► Impact Freshmen - Brooke Heidemann (Meridian, Idaho) and Dominique Banks (Cypress, Calif.) stamped their names on the season when they were named to the Viking Classic All-Tournament Team, Sept. 9.
- Men's Sports
- Women's Sports
- Staff Directory
- Bronco Sports Properties
- Media Relations
- Sports Medicine
- Blue Thunder Marching Band
- Spirit Squad
- Ticket Office
- Ticket Office Home
- 2017 Ticket Info
- My Account
- Buy Tickets
- Buy/Sell Tickets
- Accessibility/ADA Info
- Group Tickets
- Student Ticket Info
- Student Rewards Program
- Seating Charts
Boise State Ticket Office
1910 University Drive - MS 1230
Boise, ID 83725
Hours & Contact
Monday - Thursday | 9 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Friday | 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m
Phone: (208) 426-4737
Fax: (208) 426-2229
- FAN ZONE