Broncos Travel to Viking Classic
What's Happening This Week: Coming off an overtime win against Idaho State, the Boise State soccer team (3-3-0) will look to carry its momentum into the Viking Classic this weekend in Hillsboro, Ore. The Broncos will face Portland State, Friday at 4 p.m. MT and Eastern Washington, Sunday at 11:30 a.m. MT.
Follow the Action: Live stats will be available for Boise State's match against Portland State HERE and Sunday's match against Eastern Washington HERE.
Fans can also receive live in-game updates via twitter by following @broncosportssoc.
► Match 7 Preview - Portland State - Friday, Sept. 7 - 4 p.m. MT
• The Series: Boise State has never lost to Portland State in 10 meetings between the two programs. The Broncos own a 9-0-1 record all-time and are 5-0-1 in road matches. In total, Boise State has a 21-5 scoring advantage against the Vikings.
• Last Time: Boise State also made the trip to the Viking Classic last season. After 100 minutes of goal-less soccer, Chelsea Robinson made a run down the right wing and served a ball into the box where Shannon Schueren connected for a game-winning header in the 106th minute.
• Scouting the Vikings: Portland State is 0-4 this season and has been outscored 6-1 in those four matches. Although the Vikings have been outscored, they have still been threatening, outshooting opponents 47-34. Senior forward Megan Martin is the first option for the Viking offense and is the reigning Big Sky Offensive MVP and hopes to lead her team to a second-consecutive Big Sky Championship.
► Match 8 Preview - Eastern Washington - Sunday Sept. 9 - 11:30 a.m. MT
• The Series: The Broncos also carry an undefeated record against Eastern Washington at 10-0-1. The meetings are usually high-scoring affairs for the Broncos who average nearly three goals per contest against the Eagles.
• Last Time: Eastern Washington came to Boise in 2011 for the Bronco Invite. After going down a goal in the first half, Rebe Wolverton tied the match with a goal from inside six yards in the 57th minute. Lauren Hickok put away the game-winner in the 72nd minute after receiving a long punt from goalkeeper Liz Ruiz.
• Scouting the Eagles: Eastern Washington is still looking for its first win of the season after going 0-3-1 during the first three weekends. The Eagles have played a common foe in North Dakota State, falling 3-2. Boise State defeated the Bison 4-1. The team from Cheney, Wash., was selected to finish eighth in the Big Sky Conference this season.
2012 Bronco Season Notebook
► Oregonian Homecoming - The Portland-metro area represents home for almost a quarter of the 2012 squad as eight Broncos played their high school soccer in area. The eight members include Ashleigh Anderson (Lake Oswego HS), Bekah Carrasquer (Westview HS), Jenna Griggs (Wilson HS), Ashley Hruby (Union HS), Tylyn Hughes (Westview HS), Kallie Neimann (Westview HS), Anna Popma (Tualatin HS) and Rebe Wolverton (Jesuit HS).
► Trends of success - Boise State is 3-0-0 in games where they score the first goal. The Broncos led the whole way against New Mexico State and North Dakota State, but had to come back against Idaho State after giving up two-consecutive goals.
The Broncos are also 2-0 when they carry a lead into the locker room at halftime.
► Movin' on up - Erica Parks is currently in a tie for third on the career goals list (16) and ranks sixth in career points with 37. The senior needs two points to surpass Abbe Roche for fifth and four points to jump Kaziah Hill and Randi Baker for third all-time. Parks is also tied for second with eight career game-winning goals, one behind the school record.
Lauren Hickok has been a staple in the Boise State lineup each of her four years as a Bronco. The senior is fourth in minutes played and tied for eighth in games started (68). She has started in all but one of the games she has appeared in.
- Men's Sports
- Women's Sports
- Staff Directory
- Bronco Sports Properties
- Media Relations
- Sports Medicine
- Blue Thunder Marching Band
- Spirit Squad
- Ticket Office
- Ticket Office Home
- 2017 Ticket Info
- My Account
- Buy Tickets
- Buy/Sell Tickets
- Accessibility/ADA Info
- Group Tickets
- Student Ticket Info
- Student Rewards Program
- Seating Charts
Boise State Ticket Office
1910 University Drive - MS 1230
Boise, ID 83725
Hours & Contact
Monday - Thursday | 9 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Friday | 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m
Phone: (208) 426-4737
Fax: (208) 426-2229
- FAN ZONE