SAN JOSE, California (3/3/09) Weather played havoc at the Juli Inkster Spartan Invitational this week as heavy rain forced the competition to be canceled. The 16 teams attempted to play Monday but managed to complete only seven holes before rain forced a delay of the first round. After a two hour wait the completion of round one was delayed until today while Monday’s second round was canceled.
Unfortunately, the weather did not improve much today. Like Monday the teams attempted to complete round one this morning but after two hours play was suspended once again. A decision was then made to cancel the competition all together as the weather forecast saw no immediate improvement and the teams needed to make their return flights home.
The Bronco women’s golf team will get a week off before returning to action March 16-18 when they travel to the islands to compete in the Dr. Donnis Thompson Invitational in Kaneohe, Hawaii.