Boise State Travels to Face CSU
Broncos taken on defending MW champs Colorado State in a key match up.
Dec. 30, 2016
NEXT UP FOR WOMEN'S BASKETBALL
Boise State Notes
Follow the Broncos On Social Media
A QUICK LOOK AT CSU GAME
- The Game: The Broncos (11-1, 1-0 MW) will travel to Fort Collins, Colo., for a 2 p.m. (MT) encounter Saturday afternoon against the defending MW champion Colorado State Rams (9-4, 1-0 MW) in Moby Arena.
- Next Up: Boise State returns home to host the UNLV Lady Rebels (9-4, 0-1 MW) at 7 p.m. (MT) Wednesday night in Taco Bell Arena.
- Radio: KTIK (AM 1350) will carry all of the women’s games throughout the season. Chris Lewis is in his fourth season as the voice of the Broncos.
- Internet Broadcast: You can also listen to the radio broadcast on the internet at BroncoSports.com.
- Watch Live: The game will be broadcast live on the internet via the Mountain West Network on BroncoSports.com.
- Boise State is coming off three straight home victories over Portland (74-60) and Hawaii (61-49) to close nonconference play with the program’s best pre-conference record in history 10-1, followed by a 76-56 win over Utah State Thursday night in the MW opener.
- Brooke Pahukoa leads Boise State averaging 13.6 points per game (8th MW) ... Shalen Shaw adds 12.5 points (t-12th MW) and team-high 7.5 rebounds (10th MW) per game.
- Boise State ranks 25th nationally in 3-point percentage at .384 and is ninth in 3-pointers made per game at 9.3 ... the Broncos average 74.9 points per game, first in the Mountain West and 50th nationally.
- Colorado State is 9-4 overall and 1-0 in MW play ... the Rams have won four straight including a 20-point victory (57-37) Thursday at UNLV to open conference play .
- CSU is led by Ellen Nystrom averaging 15.8 points (3rd MW), 7.6 rebounds (9th MW) and 4.6 assists (4th MW) per game.
- CSU averages 67.4 points (5th MW) per game, allows 52.6 ppg (1st MW) and is shooting 43.1 percent (1st MW) from the floor as a team and 36 percent (2nd MW) from beyond the arc.
- Colorado State leads the all-time series 8-4 and the MW regular-season series 8-1.
- The Rams have won the last three including both in 2015-16.
BRONCO FASTBREAK NOTES
- Boise State just completed its best pre-conference campaign in program history at 10-1.
- After the Broncos’ MW opening win over Utah State (Dec. 29) 76-65 on Thursday they are now 11-1 overall and 1-0 in league.
- The 11-1 overall start is the best overall since the 1974-75 (41 years) squad (no conference affiliation) set the school record at 12-0 ... 11-1 is tied for second best start to open a season all-time: 1974-75 (12-0), 1973-74 (11-1), 1971-72 (11-1).
- Boise State has a balanced offensive attack and has had three or more players reach double-figure scoring in 10 of the first 12 games, all victories, with nine different Broncos involved.
- The Broncos currently have four players averaging double-digit points led by Brooke Pahukoa (13.6 ppg), Shaw (12.5 ppg), Hermida (10.3 ppg) and Vanderschaaf (10.2 ppg).
- Boise State leads the MW in 3-point percentage as a team at .384 to rank 25th nationally ... they are 13th in the nation for total 3-pointers made at 112 and ninth nationally for 3-pointers made per game at 9.3, both lead the MW.
- On the year the Broncos have four of the top-15 3-point shooters in the MW: Shalen Shaw (.415) in third, Brooke Pahukoa and Marta Hermida are tied for eighth (.393) and Riley Lupfer (.375) is 14th.
- Head coach Gordy Presnell hit the 600 career wins milestone against Portland (Dec. 18), Presnell is the 32nd coach in NCAA DI history to hit the mark ... he now has 602 wins.
- Yaiza Rodriguez has dished out nine or more assists in five contests to date and seven or more in nine games.
- Rodriguez is second in the MW and seventh nationally in assists per game at 7.4.
- Rodriguez set the school’s career assists record earlier this fall at 452 and has since stretched it out to 513.
- Rodriguez is the first Bronco and seventh individual in MW history to reach the 500 assists milestone ... had eight versus Hawaii (Dec. 20) to reach milestone.
- Rodriguez enters the CSU game needing one assist to tie Marquelle Dent (2012-16) of Wyoming for fifth place in MW history for career assists at 514.
- Brooke Pahukoa had missed two straight contest (Portland and Hawaii) because of injury before returning to the starting lineup against Utah State (Dec. 29).
- Brooke Pahukoa leads the team and ranks eighth in the MW for points per game at 13.6 ... she has five games in double-digit points, three with 20-plus.
- Brooke Pahukoa needs nine points to move into 13th all-time (1,076) for career points at Boise State.
- Brooke Pahukoa is tied for eighth in the MW in 3-point percentage at .393 and is fourth in the league for 3-pointers per game at 2.2.
- Shalen Shaw is second on team and 12th (tied) in MW for scoring at 12.5 points per game ... she leads the team and is 10th in MW for rebounds at 7.5 per game.
- Shaw tallied a team-high eight rebounds against Concordia (Dec. 7) to reach the 500 career rebounds milestone, she currently stands at 538 to rank 19th all-time at Boise State.
- Shaw needs four rebounds to move into 18th place (542) at Boise State for a career and 11 for 17th (549).
- Marijke Vanderschaaf is averaging 6.3 rebounds per game (2nd on team / 14th MW) and has eight games with six or more boards.
- Vanderschaaf has scored double-figure points in seven of the last eight contests including a career-high 17 in the win over Portland (Dec. 18).