Boise State Hosts Colorado State in MW Opener
The projected top two teams in the MW will square-off at 11:30 a.m. in Taco Bell Arena on Wednesday.
Brooke Pahukoa has scored a team-high 14.7 points per game during team's three-game win streak.
Dec. 29, 2014
- Colorado State (8-3, 0-0 MW) at Boise State (8-3, 0-0 MW)
- Dec. 31, 2014 at 11:30 a.m. (Mountain Time)
- Boise, Idaho (Taco Bell Arena)
- Ninth Meeting in Series and Conference Opener
- Game: Boise State (8-3, 0-0 MW) warps up a four-game homestand with the Mountain West Conference opener against defending regular-season champion Colorado State (8-3, 0-0 MW) at 11:30 a.m. (Mountain) Wednesday in Taco Bell Arena.
- Promotions: The first 100 fans will receive a free Bronco t-shirt at the door ... groups of 15 or more receive tickets for $3 each.
- Next Up: The Broncos will hit the road for Logan, Utah, and a 2 p.m. (Mountain) encounter Saturday afternoon with the Utah State Aggies in the Dee Glenn Smith Spectrum.
- Radio: KTIK (AM 1350) will carry all of the women's games this season. Chris Lewis returns for his second season as the voice of the Broncos.
- Internet Broadcast: You can listen to the radio broadcast on the internet at BroncoSports.com.
SETTING THE SCENE
- Conference Opener: This is the Mountain West Conference opener for the top two teams in the Mountain West.
- Preseason MW Poll: Boise State and Colorado State are expected to battle it out for the league title with the Rams (defending champions) being picked first and the Broncos second.
- Boise State's Record: The Broncos are currently 8-3 overall.
- Recently for Boise State: The Broncos have won six of their last seven games, including three straight by scoring 90 points or more defeating the College of Idaho 91-40 (Dec. 10), Eastern Washington 90-72 (Dec. 14) and Portland 94-58 (Dec. 21), all in Boise.
- Colorado State's Record: The Rams are also 8-3 overall entering the game.
- Recently for CSU: The Rams have won five of their last six contests ... they have won four straight all at home over South Dakota Mines (75-39), Denver (81-61), Florida Atlantic (59-46) and most recently Cal Poly (65-63) on Dec. 21.
- Boise State at Home: The Broncos are 6-0 at home in 2014-15 and have an active eight-game win streak dating back to 2013-14 ... they went 11-4 in Taco Bell Arena last year and are now 278-144 (.659 pct.) all-time in Taco Bell Arena.
- Boise State on the Road: The Broncos are 2-3 on the road in 2014-15.
- Colorado State at Home: CSU is 6-1 at home in 2014-15 ... the lone loss came in the season opener to Hawaii 63-58.
- Colorado State on the Road: The Rams are 2-2 on the road this season.
- Bronco Leaders: Deanna Weaver leads the team at 13.5 points (MW 10th) and 6.0 rebounds (MW t-14th) per game, both team highs ... Miquelle Askew is next at 11.1 ppg and 5.1 rpg ... Keiahnna Engel adds 8.6 ppg and 3.7 rpg.
- Ram Leaders: Eight players average eight points or more per game, three average double digit points led by Gritt Ryder at 12.4 points per game (MW 13th), followed by Ellen Nystrom at 11.6 ppg (MW 15th) and Jamie Patrick at 11.5 ppg.
- Boise State as a Team: Offensively, Boise State is averaging 72.5 points (MW t-2nd) and 40.5 rebounds (MW 5th) per game ... Defensively, the Broncos are on top of the league allowing 57.9 points (MW 1st) and 34.6 rebounds (MW 1st) per game ... the Broncos have averaged 91.7 points per game over the last three contests and allowed 56.7 per game for a +35 in scoring margin.
- Colorado State as a Team: Offensively, the Rams average 71.9 points (MW 4th) and 39.9 rebounds (MW 6th) per game ... Defensively, they are just as solid on defense allowing 58.2 ppg (MW 2nd) and 38.2 rpg (MW 6th) ... CSU is the top 3-point shooting team in the MW hitting 37 percent for an average of 7.9 makes per game from beyond the arc.
- The Coaches: Ryun Williams is now in his third season as head coach at CSU where he is 44-30, his career mark is 302-183 in 17 years. Gordy Presnell is in his 10th season at Boise State where he is 162-130 and 558-257 in his 28th season all-time.
- All-Time Record: This is the ninth meeting all-time between the Rams and Broncos with Colorado State holding a 5-3 advantage in the series.
- Current Streak: The Rams have won three straight over the Broncos.
- MW Series: Boise State has yet to defeat CSU in a regular season game since joining the conference for the 2011-12 campaign going 0-5 ... the Broncos' lone victory since was in the MW Tournament in 2012 when they defeated the Rams 68-63 in Las Vegas.
- Series in Boise: Colorado State is 3-1 in games play at Boise, 3-0 in MW play.
- Last Year: The two teams met only once last year with the Rams winning that encounter 71-51 in Boise on Feb. 19, 2014.
- Mountain West Conference: Boise State is 100-80 all-time against the current membership of the Mountain West; however, they are 21-25 in MW contests.
The Last Meeting
February 19, 2014