Boise State Hosts South Dakota at Noon on Saturday
Boise State (5-5) closes out a four game homestand this Saturday when the Broncos host the Summit League's South Dakota Coyotes (5-6) at noon (12 p.m., Mountain) in Taco Bell Arena.
Game changed to a noon (12 p.m.) start. South Dakota (5-6) at Boise State (5-5)
Saturday, Dec. 22, 2012 at 12 p.m. (Mountain)
Boise, Idaho (Taco Bell Arena)
FOLLOW THE BRONCOS
- THIS WEEKEND: Boise State (5-5) closes out a four game homestand this Saturday when the Broncos host the Summit League's South Dakota Coyotes (5-6) at noon (12 p.m., Mountain) in Taco Bell Arena.
- BOISE STATE'S RECORD: The Broncos enter the week at 5-5 overall, 2-3 at home and 3-2 on the road.
- RADIO: All of the Broncos' games will be carried live on the radio at KTIK (AM 1350) with Chris King providing the play-by-play, broadcasts begin at the top of the hour unless otherwise noted.
- LIVE STATS: Live stats are available for all home games at BroncoSports.com by utilizing the "multimedia" link. For road games please refer to the host school's web site.
- INTERNET AUDIO: Live audio is available at no cost for all Boise State home and road games by utilizing the "multimedia" link at BroncoSports.com.
- INTERNET VIDEO: Live video is available for Bronco home games which includes the audio feed on BroncoSports.com, but requires a subscription.
- DOUBLE PASS DAY: We want to thank the owners of the "Bronco Sports Pass" for their support of the women's basketball team. As part of our thank you we are designating this Saturday's, Dec 22nd, game as "Double Pass Day" when the Broncos take on South Dakota at noon. Individuals who have a Bronco Sports Pass will be able to get another person in for free! Just show up to Taco Bell Arena with your pass and a get a friend or family member in for free!
- THE SERIES: Saturday's encounter will be the first meeting between the Coyotes and Broncos.
- VERSUS THE SUMMIT LEAGUE IN 2012-13: South Dakota is the third and final team from the Summit League that Boise State will face this fall having swept the two previous contests against North Dakota State (W 80-61) and UMKC (71-64).
- VERSUS THE SUMMIT LEAGUE ALL-TIME: Boise State is 2-1 all-time versus the current membership of the league adding a 66-59 loss to Western Illinois in 2000 to the two wins from this season.
- RECENTLY FOR BOISE STATE: The Broncos are 1-2 on their current homestand losing 74-63 to Eastern Washington (Dec. 7); then defeated NAIA No. 24 Carroll College 76-64 (Dec. 9); followed by a 73-49 loss to Portland last Sunday (Dec. 16).
- SOUTH DAKOTA'S RECORD: The Coyotes entered the weekend 4-6 overall. They will play at Utah State Thursday night prior to Saturday's encounter with the Broncos.
- RECENTLY FOR SOUTH DAKOTA: The Coyotes have won three of their last four games including a 93-37 win at home over Peru State last Saturday. Prior to that they lost at Kansas State 68-54.
- BRONCOS AT HOME: The Broncos are 2-3 in home games this year in Taco Bell Arena. They finished last year 10-7 overall at home, their all-time mark is now 256-135 (65.5 pct.) since the facility opened in the fall of 1982.
- BRONCOS ON THE ROAD: Boise State is currently 3-2 on the road this year including a 77-70 loss to San Diego and a 71-64 win over UMKC at the Air Force Classic (Nov. 30-Dec. 1). The Broncos went 5-9 on the road last year, 4-8 on the opponents home court, 1-1 on neutral floors (MW tournament).
- COYOTES ON THE ROAD: South Dakota is currently 2-4 on the road in 2012-13, 1-4 on the opponents' floors and 1-0 on a neutral court.
- LEADING THE BRONCOS: Boise State is led by senior forward Lauren Lenhardt ranked sixth in the MW averaging 14.9 points and 7.4 rebounds (3rd MW) per game. She was named MW Player of the week for the first two weeks of the season. Junior guard Brandi Henton is adding 9.9 ppg and 4.0 rpg.
- LEADING THE COYOTES: Nicole Seekamp leads USD at 14.7 ppg to rank second in the Summit League for scoring, followed by Polly Harrington who adds 12.6 ppg (6th SL) and 5.9 rpg.
- COMPARING THE TEAMS: Boise State features the MW's fourth ranked scoring offense at 67.5 points and 40.9 rebounds (6th MW) per game, against South Dakota's offense averaging 63.5 pgg (3rd SL) and 43.1 rpg (1st SL). Defensively, the Broncos are holding teams to 67.1 ppg (7th MW) while the Coyotes allow 57.0 ppg (1st SL).
- PRESEASON POLLS: Boise State was picked to place seventh out of nine teams in the 2013 Mountain West race, while South Dakota was selected sixth out of nine schools in the Summit League's poll.
- THE COACHES: Amy Williams is in her first season at South Dakota where she is 5-6 (.455), Williams is 102-71 overall. Gordy Presnell is in his eighth season at Boise State where he is 130-99 (.568 pct.), 526-226 (.699 pct.) in 25+ seasons all-time, this is his first meeting versus South Dakota.