Broncos Host Idaho State Friday
Boise State in town for two-game homestand beginning with the Bengals.
Dec. 10, 2015
The Last Meeting
December 4, 2014
Weaver Leads Broncos Past Idaho State
Deanna Weaver scored 28 points to lead Boise State to a dominating 86-62 victory at Idaho State in a non-conference women's basketball game at Pocatello.
Idaho State (4-4) at Boise State (4-3)
- Facts: Friday, Dec. 11 | 7 p.m. | Boise, Idaho (Taco Bell Arena)
- Parking: Free parking is available in the Albertsons Stadium Parking Lots
- Admission: Adults: $6 | Senior Citizens (62 YOA): $3 | Youth: $3 | Boise State Students: Free with student ID card
- MW Network (live video) | Live Audio | Live Stats | Twitter
- The Game: Boise State (4-3) returns home for a two-game homestand beginning with Idaho State (4-4) this Friday at 7 p.m. in Taco Bell Arena.
- Next Up: Boise State will host NCAA DII Concordia (Ore.) at 2 p.m. on Sunday, Dec. 13, in Taco Bell Arena.
- Radio: KTIK (AM 1350) will carry all of the women’s games this season. Chris Lewis returns for his third season as the voice of the Broncos.
- Internet Broadcast: You can also listen to the radio broadcast on the internet at BroncoSports.com.
Idaho State | Friday, Dec. 11 | Boise, Idaho
Idaho State Scouting Report
- Record: Idaho State enters the game with a 4-4 record, 1-4 on the road ... they are coming off a 81-67 victory over Utah State on Tuesday (Dec. 8) in Pocatello.
- Affiliation: The Bengals are members of the Big Sky Conference.
- Preseason Poll: The Bengals were picked to place seventh out of 12 in the preseason coaches’ poll.
- Bengal Leaders: Apiphany Woods leads ISU averaging 14.8 points, 4.5 rebounds and 3.6 assists per game ... Anna Policicchio adds 14.4 ppg.
- Idaho State as a Team: The Bengals are scoring 65.6 points per game while allowing 68.9 ... they are shooting 42 percent from the floor and 32 percent (45-139) from beyond the arc ... defensively they are holding opponents to 37 percent from the floor and 30 (51-168) from the arc.
Boise State Scouting Report
- Record: The Broncos enter Friday’s contest at 4-3 and are coming off a dominating 40-point, 89-49, win at Portland last Sunday (Dec. 6), preceded by a 57-52 home loss to Washington State (Dec. 3).
- Preseason Poll: Boise State who went 22-11 overall and 11-7 (4th) in the Mountain West Conference during 2014-15 was picked to place third out of 11 teams in this year’s MW preseason poll.
- MW Champs: Boise State won the 2015 MW Tournament and advanced to the NCAA first round where the Broncos fell 72-61 at Tennessee.
- Bronco Leaders: Boise State is led by Brooke Pahukoa averaging 14.8 points and 5.3 rebounds per game ... Miquelle Askew is next at 10 points per game and 5.6 rebounds ... Shalen Shaw averages 9.6 points and team-high 7.3 rebounds per game.
- As a Team: Boise State averages 64.9 points per game and is shooting 42 percent from the floor, 29 percent (36-123) from the 3-point arc and 74 percent (62-84) from the free-throw line ... defensively, the Broncos are holding teams to 54.3 points per game on 36 percent shooting from the floor and 22 percent (26-121) from beyond the arc.
- Miscellaneous Notes: Broncos are a +10.6 in scoring margin, +5.6 in rebound margin and a +0.4 in turnover margin.
- Record: This is the oldest rivalry for the Broncos entering the 69th meeting with Idaho State dating back to 1971 ... the Broncos hold a sizeable advantage in the all-time series 48-20.
- Rivals: These two programs were conference rivals from 1982-1996 as members of the old Mountain West Athletic Conference (1982-88) which later became the Big Sky Conference in the fall of 1988.
- Last Time: The last time these two met was in Pocatello last December when the Broncos beat the Bengals 86-62.
- Boise State Vs. Big Sky: The Broncos are 230-174 all-time versus the current membership of the Big Sky.
LAST TIME OUT
- PORTLAND, Ore. (12/6/2015): Boise State cruised to a 40-point road win at Portland last Sunday as six Broncos reached double-figure points. Boise State used a early 10-0 run to seize control in the first quarter and never looked back stretching a 25 point, 47-22, half-time lead into a 40-point win as the Broncos shot 50 percent from the floor. Brooke Pahukoa led the Broncos with 19 points followed by freshmen Marta Hermida and Marijke Vanderschaaf with 15 and 11 points, respectively.
- Presnell Sets Record: Head coach Gordy Presnell in his 11th season at Boise State set the school record for most wins by a coach at Portland on Dec. 6 with his 180th victory ... he is currently 180-141.
- Career Marks: Coach Presnell is currently 576-268 (.683) overall in his 29th season as a collegiate head coach.
- National Standing: Coach Presnell entered 2015-16 as the 32nd winningest active coach in the NCAA (all divisions) with 572 wins (now 576), 19th among active NCAA Division I coaches ... he was also ranked 33rd for best win percentage among current division I coaches at .684.
- Most Conference Wins: Coach Presnell set the program record for wins in conference games last year when the Broncos defeated Colorado State (Dec. 31, 2014) giving him 74 ... the record now stands at 84.
- Most Games Coached: Coach Presnell set the school record for games coached at Boise State when the Broncos tipped at San Diego State (Feb. 7, 2015) in his 302 game ... the record is now at 321.
ASKEW APPROACHING 1,000 POINTS CLUB
- The Milestone: Senior center Miquelle Askew is approaching the 1,000-point milestone sitting at 971, good for 18th all-time.
- The Club: When she hits the milestone she will become the 17th Bronco to hit 1,000 career points.
ASKEW HITS CENTURY MARK
- Career Games: Miquelle Askew played in her 100th career game at Boise State when she stepped onto the floor against Stetson on Nov. 28, 2015 at the San Juan Shootout in Puerto Rico ... she is now at 102.
BRONCO SHARP SHOOTING
- 100 Treys: Only 10 Broncos ever have made 100 or more 3-pointers in their careers ... both Yaiza Rodriguez and Brooke Pahukoa should reach that milestone this season.
- Yaiza Rodriguez: The junior from Barcelona, Spain, has the inside track to hit the mark first entering Friday’s game with 95, 12th all-time.
- Brooke Pahukoa: The junior guard has a larger challenge in front of her currently sitting in a tie for 16th all-time with 85.
- Junior guard Brooke Pahukoa opened the season a little slow offensively scoring a combined total of nine points in the first two contests of the season.
- Since then she has found her touch leading the Broncos in scoring during four of the next five games averaging 20 points per game, she missed the Washington State game because of illness.
- She scored 22 points versus Utah Valley, 21 against Auburn, 18 in the win over Stetson and 19 at Portland.
- Averages a team-high 14.8 points per game, fifth in MW.
SHAW ON THE GLASS
- Boise State sophomore Shalen (Shay) Shaw has been a force on the boards this year leading the team averaging 7.3 per game, sixth in the MW.
- She has recorded six straight games with six or more rebounds.
- Has led or tied for the team high five times in rebounding.
- Boise State has lost three games this season by a combined total of nine points ... twice by two points and a third by five.
- In the pair of two point losses the Broncos had chances to tie or win with last second shots.