Broncos Travel to No. 11 Washington
Boise State takes its undefeated record on the road against the 11th-ranked Huskies Sunday in Seattle.
Dec. 9, 2016
NEXT UP FOR WOMEN'S BASKETBALL
- Boise State (8-0) at No. 11 Washington (9-1)
- Seattle, Wash. (Alaska Airlines Arena)
- Sunday, Dec. 11 | 3 p.m. (Mountain)
- Live Video | Listen Live | Live Stats
- WATCH: Boise State at Washington will be televised on Pac-12 Network, which can be found on DISH Network channel 409.
Talent: Elise Woodward and Krista Blunk
Follow the Broncos On
Boise State Notes
A QUICK LOOK AT WASHINGTON GAME
- The Game: Boise State (8-0) takes its undefeated record into Sunday afternoon’s encounter with the 11th-ranked Washington Huskies (9-1) at Alaska Airlines Arena in Hec Edmundson Pavilion at 3 p.m. (Mountain) in Seattle.
- Next Up: The Broncos return home to close nonconference play with a two-game homestand against Portland (Dec. 18) and Hawai’i (Dec. 20).
- Radio: KTIK (AM 1350) will carry all of the women’s games throughout the season. Chris Lewis is in his fourth season as the voice of the Broncos.
- Internet Broadcast: You can also listen to the radio broadcast on the internet at BroncoSports.com.
- Watch Live: The game will be broadcast live on TV via the Pac-12 Networks featuring Elise Woodward and Krista Blunk as the talent. With the game on TV this means there will not be a free live video stream on the internet, unless you have a provider that carries the Pac-12 Networks. In Boise you can get the Pac-12 Network on Dish TV (409).
BRONCO FASTBREAK NOTES Team Notes
- Boise State (8-0) is coming off a 71-40 win over Concordia (Ore.) Wednesday night in Boise.
- Brooke Pahukoa leads Boise State averaging 15.5 points per game (4th MW) ... Shalen Shaw adds 11.9 points (15th MW) and team-high 7.1 rebounds (t-7th MW) per game.
- Boise State ranks 13th nationally in 3-point percentage at .403 and is eighth in 3-pointers made per game at 9.6 ... the Broncos average 77.8 points per game, first in the Mountain West and 40th nationally.
- Washington enters the contest ranked 11th nationally in both the coaches and Associated Press polls.
- The Huskies are 9-1 overall and winners of six straight since a 71-60 loss at Notre Dame (Nov. 20) ... they have two wins over Mountain West schools downing Colorado State 101-68 and Fresno State 85-54, both in Seattle.
- Washington is led by Kelsey Plum averaging a NCAA leading 29.7 points and team-high 5.6 assists (36th NCAA) per game ... Chantel Osahor averages a double-double on 15.1 points and NCAA-high 15.4 rebounds per game.
- UW averages 90.9 points per game (4th NCAA), allows 59.1 ppg and is shooting 49.7 percent (8th NCAA) from the floor as a team and 41.2 percent (10th NCAA) from beyond the arc.
- Washington leads the series 19-4, including a 74-51 victory over the Broncos the last time they met Nov. 23, 2008 in Seattle.
- This will be a homecoming of sorts for four Broncos who are from the Seattle area: Brittney and Brooke Pahukoa (Lake Stevens), Joyce Harrell (Seattle) and Marijke Vanderschaaf (Sammamish).
- Boise State is off to its best start in 41 years winning its first eight games (8-0) and is one of 17 teams nationally to remain undefeated in NCAA Division I and the only Mountain West team that is still perfect on the year.
- The 8-0 start is the best since the 1974-75 squad set the school record at 12-0 (1974-75) ... 8-0 is tied for third longest streak to open a season 1973-74 (11-0), 1971-72 (8-0).
- Boise State has had three or more players reach double-figure scoring in all eight games to date, nine different Broncos have been involved.
- Boise State leads the MW in 3-point percentage as a team at .403 to rank 13th nationally ... they are 16th in the nation for total 3-pointers made at 77 and eighth nation.
- The Broncos have four of the top-15 3-point shooters in the MW: Marta Hermida (.459), Shalen Shaw (.400), Brooke Pahukoa (.396), Riley Lupfer (.406) and Yaiza Rodriguez (.385).
- Head coach Gordy Presnell is approaching the 600 career wins milestone currently sitting at 599, Presnell will be the 63rd coach in NCAA history to hit the mark.
- Yaiza Rodriguez has dished out nine or more assists in four contests to date and six or more in six games.
- Rodriguez is second in the MW and seventh nationally in assists per game at 7.5.
- Rodriguez set the school’s career assists record against Saint Mary’s (Nov. 25) and has since stretched it out to 484.
- Brooke Pahukoa leads the team and ranks fourth in the MW for points per game at 15.5 ... she has five games in double-digit points, three with 20-plus.
- Brooke Pahukoa is 12th in the MW in 3-point percentage at .396 ... she’s second in the league in 3-pointers per game.
- Shalen Shaw is second on team and 15th in MW for scoring at 11.9 points per game ... she leads the team and is tied for seventh in MW for rebounds at 7.3 per game.
- Shaw tallied a team-high eight rebounds Wednesday against Concordia (Dec. 7) to reach the 500 career rebounds milestone, currently stands at 506.
- Mart Hermida is third on the team in scoring at 10.3 points per game.
- Hermida leads the team, ranks sixth in MW and 40th in NCAA for 3-point percentage at .459 with 17 makes on the year.