Boise State Hosts College of Idaho Wednesday
The Broncos and Coyotes will tip at 7:05 p.m. in Taco Bell Arena
Dec. 9, 2014
GAME NINE FACTS
College of Idaho (2-9) at Boise State (5-3)
Dec. 10, 2014 at 7 p.m. (Mountain Time)
Boise, Idaho (Taco Bell Arena)
- Game: Boise State (5-3) starts a four-game homestand Wednesday night when the Broncos host the College of Idaho (2-9) at 7 p.m. in Taco Bell Arena.
- Promotion: Fans will be able to attend to game versus the Coyotes for free, no admission will be charged.
- Next Up: The Broncos will host the Eastern Washington Eagles this Sunday at 2 p.m. in the first game of a men's/women's basketball doubleheader in Taco Bell Arena.
- Radio: KTIK (AM 1350) will carry all of the women's games this season. Chris Lewis returns for his second season as the voice of the Broncos.
- Internet Broadcast: You can listen to the radio broadcast on the internet at BroncoSports.com.
- Win Streaks: The Broncos three game win streak came to a end at Utah Valley ... however, they still have an active five-game home win streak intact dating back to the final two home contests of 2013-14.
- Field Goal Shooting: Boise State is 4-0 when shooting above 40 percent and 1-3 when falling below that percentage ... the Broncos have taken more shots than opponents in seven of the eight contests this year.
- Free-Throw Line: The Broncos have taken fewer free throws in seven of the eight games to date and are 4-3 in those contests ... however, the Broncos have shot a better percentage (.691 to .618) from the charity stripe in seven games going 5-2 overall.
- In the Paint: Boise State is 3-1 when scoring more in the paint.
- The Bench: When Boise State's bench out scores the opponent the Broncos are 5-1.
- 2014 GAS: Boise State competed at the Great Alaska Shootout Nov. 25-26 where it split a pair of contests falling to Long Beach State 68-50, then regrouped to defeat Yale 59-53 in overtime to take third place.
- All-Tournament: Senior Deanna Weaver was named the player of the game for the Yale contest, as well as earning all-tournament honors at the Great Alaska Shootout.
- Overtime: The Broncos' overtime victory against Yale was only the 11th time they had played and extra period under coach Presnell in his 10 seasons at Boise State, they are 5-6 in overtime games.
- The Leader of the Broncos: Senior Deanna Weaver has scored double figure points in every game ... she has led the Broncos in scoring during five of eight games this season ... Weaver averages 15.9 points per game (MW 5th).
- Getting Defensive: Boise State's defense has carried the Broncos in the early part of the season allowing a MW low 58.4 points per game.
- Looking for Offense: The Broncos have struggled scoring in recent games tallying 60 or below in four of their last five games ... they found their shooting touch at Idaho State scoring a season-high 86 points ... Boise State is sixth in the MW for scoring at 65.2 points per game.
SETTING THE SCENE
- Boise State's Record: The Broncos are currently 5-3 overall.
- Recently for Boise State: After suffering a pair of road losses to Southern Utah (Nov. 21) and Long Beach State (Nov. 25), the Broncos had won three straight before falling at Utah Valley the last time out .
- Preseason MW Poll: Boise State is expected to battle for the Mountain West championship having been picked to place second in the preseason poll.
- C of I's Conference Affiliation: The College of Idaho is a member of the NAIA Cascade Collegiate Conference where it was picked to place third out of 10 teams.
- C of I's Record: The Coyotes are 2-9 overall entering the game ... the encounter with Boise State is an exhibition for the C of I.
- Recently for the Coyotes: The Coyotes are coming in off a home split last weekend to open conference play losing 67-62 to Northwest, then regrouping to defeat Evergreen 65-59.
- Boise State at Home: The Broncos are 3-0 at home in 2014-15 and have an active five-game win streak dating back to 2013-14 ... they went 11-4 in Taco Bell Arena last year and are now 275-144 (.656 pct.) all-time in Taco Bell Arena.
- Boise State on the Road: The Broncos are 2-3 on the road in 2014-15.
- Bronco Leaders: Deanna Weaver leads the team at 15.9 points and 6.1 rebounds per game, both team highs ... Miquelle Askew is next at 10.3 ppg and 4.8 rpg ... Keiahnna Engel adds 7.9 ppg and 3.9 rpg.
- Players to Watch for Boise State: The Broncos return senior wing Deanna Weaver who earned MW All-Conference First Team, MW Newcomer of the Year and MW All-Defensive Team honors last year, as well as being named Preseason All-MW this fall ... sophomore point guard Yaiza Rodriguez Ortego was last year's MW Co-Freshman of the Year and a member of the MW All-Freshmen Team ... Purdue transfer senior Camille Redmon was named the MW Preseason Newcomer of the Year.
- Coyote Leaders: Aleah Lowber leads C of I at 10.8 points and 4.6 rebounds per game ... Elisha Hensey is second adding 10.1 ppg and team-high 5.1 rpg.
- Boise State as a Team: Offensively, Boise State is averaging 65.2 points and 40.8 rebounds per game, to rank sixth and fifth, respectively, in the MW ... Defensively, the Broncos are allowing 58.4 points (MW 1st) and 36 rebounds (MW 2nd) per game.
- C of I as a Team: Offensively, the Coyotes average 54.4 points and 34.8 rebounds per game ... Defensively, they allow 69.3 ppg and 42.9 rpg.
- The Coaches: Mark Owen is in his first season as the head coach of the women's program and his 24th year on the staff at the College of Idaho. Gordy Presnell is in his 10th season at Boise State where he is 159-130 and 555-257 in his 28th season all-time.
- All-Time Record: This is the 14th meeting all-time between the Coyotes and Broncos with Boise State holding a 13-0 advantage.
- Note: This game is an exhibition game for the C of I, but a regular season game for Boise State.
- Last Time: These two met last year on Nov. 20 when the Broncos won 92-56 at Boise.
- Cascade Collegiate Conference: The Broncos are 28-2 all-time versus the current membership of the CCC.
The Last Meeting
|College of Idaho||56
November 20, 2013