Boise State Begins Four Game Homestand
Boise State (4-3) begins a four game homestand this week when Eastern Washington (2-5) comes to town Friday night for a 7 p.m. (Mountain) tip, followed by a Sunday afternoon encounter with Carroll College (5-3) at 2 p.m., both contests will be played
CELEBRATING 40 YEARS OF TITLE IX
- THIS WEEKEND: Boise State (4-3) begins a four game homestand this week when Eastern Washington (2-5) comes to town Friday night for a 7 p.m. (Mountain) tip, followed by a Sunday afternoon encounter with Carroll College (5-3) at 2 p.m., both contests will be played in Taco Bell Arena.
- BOISE STATE'S RECORD: The Broncos enter the week at 4-3 overall, 1-1 at home.
- NEXT UP FOR THE BRONCOS: After this weekend's games the Broncos will host the University of Portland at 2 p.m. (Mountain) on Sunday, Dec. 16.
FOLLOW THE BRONCOS
- THIS FRIDAY: Boise State women's basketball in conjunction with the American Association of University Women will be celebrating 40 years of Title IX during the Eastern Washington game.
- ACTIVITIES: There will be a halftime ceremony honoring Title IX, postgame team autographs, as well as a drawing for a chance to get your picture taken with the women's basketball team.
- TICKET PROMOTION: High school age and younger get into the game free, while adults who mention AAUW will get in for $4.
NOTES FOR EASTERN WASHINGTON
- RADIO: All of the Broncos’ games will be carried live on the radio at KTIK (AM 1350) with Chris King providing the play-by-play, broadcasts begin at the top of the hour unless otherwise noted.
- LIVE STATS: www.broncosports.com/liveStats/liveStats.dbml
- LIVE INTERNET VIDEO AND AUDIO: www.broncosports.com/liveEvents/liveEvents.dbml.
- THE SERIES: Friday's encounter will be the 47th meeting all-time between Eastern Washington and Boise State with the Broncos holding a 28-18 advantage in the series and 16-5 lead in games played at Boise.
- THE LAST TIME: These two programs played in Cheney, Wash., last year where Boise State defeated EWU 72-63.
- VERSUS THE BIG SKY CONFERENCE: The Broncos are 189-139 against the current membership of the Big Sky Conference. Boise State has already defeated Weber State 70-56 and lost to Idaho State 64-55 this year with Eastern Washington being the final Big Sky team on the Broncos schedule.
- RECENTLY FOR BOISE STATE: The Broncos split a pair of games last weekend at the Air Force Classic, losing 77-70 to San Diego before defeating UMKC 71-64 to snap a four-game losing streak.
- EASTERN WASHINGTON'S RECORD: The Eagles enter Friday's encounter at 2-5 overall.
- RECENTLY FOR EASTERN WASHINGTON: EWU has lost two straight, most recently a 65-50 defeat at Gonzaga on Tuesday night (Dec. 4) preceded by a 68-66 loss at Idaho on Nov. 27.
- BRONCOS AT HOME: The Broncos have split their first two home games of the year defeating North Dakota State 80-61 followed by a loss to Idaho State 64-55 in Taco Bell Arena. They finished last year 10-7 overall at home, their all-time mark is now 255-133 (65.7 pct.) since the facility opened in the fall of 1982.
- BRONCOS ON THE ROAD: Boise State is currently 3-2 on the road this year including a 77-70 loss to San Diego and a 71-64 win over UMKC at the Air Force Classic (Nov. 30-Dec. 1). The Broncos went 5-9 on the road last year, 4-8 on the opponents home court, 1-1 on neutral floors (MW tournament).
- EASTERN WASHINGTON ON THE ROAD: The Eagles are 1-4 on the road this year with the lone victory coming on a neutral floor over Cal State Fullerton (50-45). Last year they went 8-7 away from Cheney.
- LEADING THE BRONCOS: Boise State is led by senior forward Lauren Lenhardt averaging 14.3 points (5th MW) and 7.4 rebounds (3rd MW) per game. She was named MW Player of the week for the first two weeks of the season. Junior guard Brandi Henton is adding 10.6 ppg (14th MW) and 3.7 rpg.
- LEADING THE EAGLES: Lexie Nelson leads EWU at 14.7 ppg and 3.1 rpg, followed by Carrie Ojeda averaging 9.8 ppg and 9.0 rpg.
- COMPARING THE TEAMS: Boise State's offense is averaging 69.6 points (3rd MW) and 42.9 rebounds (4th MW) per game, against Eastern Washington's 55.3 pgg and 35.3 rpg. Defensively, the Broncos are holding teams to 65.7 ppg (6th MW) while the Eagles allow 64.1 ppg.
- PRESEASON POLLS: Boise State was picked to place seventh out of nine teams in the 2013 Mountain West race, while Eastern Washington was eighth out of 11 schools in the Big Sky Conference poll.
- THE COACHES: Wendy Schuller is in her 12th season at EWU where she is 144-185 (.438), she is 2-3 against Boise State while at EWU. Gordy Presnell is in his eighth season at Boise State where he is 129-97 (.571 pct.), 525-224 (.701 pct.) in 25+ seasons all-time, 2-2 versus EWU and 1-0 versus Carroll.
NOTES FOR CARROLL
- THE SERIES: Sunday's encounter will be the first all-time between Carroll College and Boise State.
- VERSUS THE FRONTIER CONFERENCE: Boise State is 10-0 all-time versus the current members of the Frontier Conference: 10-0 vs. Lewis-Clark State, 1-0 vs. Montana Tech and 1-0 vs. Montana Western.
- CARROLL'S RECORD: The Saints enter the weekend 5-3 overall and will play at Northwest Nazarene on Friday and at the College of Idaho on Saturday prior to playing the Broncos Sunday.
- RECENTLY FOR CARROLL: Carroll has won three straight defeating Marygrove (55-36), Montana State-Northern (56-50) and Walla Walla (100-44).
- SAINTS ON THE ROAD: The Saints are 2-1 on the road this year entering the weekend.
- LEADING THE SAINTS: Torrie Cahill leads the Saints at 14.0 ppg and 5.9 rpg, followed by Megan Patterson who averages 10.0 ppg and 3.4 rpg.
- LOOKING AT THE TEAM: Carroll's offense averages 62.3 pgg and 40.1 rpg. Defensively, the Saints allow 53.0 ppg.
- PRESEASON POLL: Carroll was picked to place third out of nine teams in the Frontier Conference's preseason poll.
- THE COACH: Rachelle Sayers has coached against Boise State several times as an assistant at Weber State but never as a head coach. Sayer is in her second season at Carroll where she is 18-19 overall.