Shay Shaw has five straight games with seven or more rebounds.
Dec. 5, 2015
Boise State (3-3) at Portland (2-6)
The Last Meeting
December 21, 2014
- Facts: Sunday, Dec. 6 | 3 p.m. (Mountain) | Portland, Ore. (Chiles Center)
- The Game: Boise State (3-3) is on the road for its first road game on an opponent's home floor when the Broncos travel to play at the University of Portland (2-6) on Sunday at 3 p.m. (Mountain) in the Chiles Center.
- Next Up: Boise State will host instate-rival Idaho State in Taco Bell Arena at 7 p.m. on Friday (Dec. 11).
- Radio: KTIK (AM 1350) will carry all of the women's games this season. Chris Lewis returns for his third season as the voice of the Broncos.
- Internet Broadcast: You can also listen to the radio broadcast on the internet at BroncoSports.com.
- TV: For Bronco fans in Oregon and Washington the game will be carried live on Comcast SportsNet Northwest (not available in Idaho).
Portland | Sunday, Dec. 6 | Portland, Ore.
Portland Scouting Report
- Record: Portland enters the game with a 2-6 record and 1-3 mark at home ... they are coming a 83-65 road loss at Washington this past Tuesday.
- Affiliation: The Pilots are members of the West Coast Conference.
- Preseason Polls: The Pilots were picked to place 10th out of 10 teams in this year's WCC race by the coaches.
- Pilot Leaders: Ellie Woerner, a former high school teammate of Boise State's Marijke Vanderschaaf, leads the Pilots averaging 11.5 points and 4.1 rebounds per game ... Corissa Turley is next at 9.5 ppg.
- Portland as a Team: Portland is scoring 60.4 points per game while allowing 73.6 ... the Pilots are shooting 39 percent from the floor and 37 percent (50-of-135) from beyond the arc ... defensively they are holding opponents to 43 percent from the floor and 30 (47-of-155) from the arc.
Boise State Scouting Report
- Record: The Broncos enter Sunday's contest at 3-3 and are coming off a 57-52 home loss Thursday night to Washington State, preceded by a split at the San Juan Shootout in Puerto Rico last weekend falling by two to Auburn 55-53, then regrouped to beat Stetson 71-65.
- Preseason Poll: Boise State who went 22-11 overall and 11-7 (4th) in the Mountain West Conference during 2014-15 was picked to place third out of 11 teams in this year's MW preseason poll.
- MW Champs: Boise State won the 2015 MW Tournament and advanced to the NCAA first round where the Broncos fell 72-61 at Tennessee.
- Bronco Leaders: Boise State is led by Brooke Pahukoa averaging 14 points and 5.6 rebounds per game ... Miquelle Askew is next at 10 points per game and 5.3 rebounds ... Shalen Shaw averages 9.5 points and team-high 7.5 rebounds per game.
- As a Team: Boise State averages 60.8 points per game and is shooting 40 percent from the floor, 28 percent (30-of-108) from the 3-point arc and 72 percent (47-of-65) from the free-throw line ... defensively, the Broncos are holding teams to 55.2 points per game on 36 percent shooting from the floor and 21 percent (22-of-104) from beyond the arc.
- Miscellaneous Notes: Broncos are a +5.7 in scoring margin, +2.5 in rebounding and a -0.5 in turnovers.
- Record: This will be the 19th meeting in the series dating back to 1984 ... the Pilots hold a 12-6 advantage in the series.
- Last Time: The last time these two met was in Boise last December when the Broncos beat the Pilots 94-58.
- Boise State Vs. WCC: The Broncos are 45-51 all-time versus the current membership of the West Coast Conference.
PRESNELL LOOKING FOR RECORD 180TH WIN
- Gordy Presnell in his 11th season at Boise State is currently 179-141.
- Needs one more victory to set the school record for wins by a coach.
- Currently tied with Connie Thorngren (1970-84) who was 179-121 in 14 years.
ASKEW APPROACHING 1,000 POINTS CLUB
- The Milestone: Senior center Miquelle Askew is approaching the 1,000-point milestone sitting at 961, good for 18th all-time.
- The Club: When she hits the milestone she will become the 17th Bronco to hit 1,000 career points.
BRONCO SHARP SHOOTING
- 100 Treys: Only 10 Broncos ever have made 100 or more 3-pointers in their careers ... both Yaiza Rodriguez and Brooke Pahukoa should reach that milestone this season.
- Yaiza Rodriguez Ortego: The junior from Barcelona, Spain, has the inside track to hit the mark first entering Sunday's game at Portland with 93, tied for 12th all-time.
- Brooke Pahukoa: The junior guard has a larger challenge in front of her currently sitting in a tie for 16th all-time with 83.
- Junior guard Brooke Pahukoa opened the season a little slow offensively scoring a combined total of nine points in the first two contests of the season.
- Since then she has found her touch leading the Broncos in scoring during the next three games averaging 20.3 points per game.
- She scored 22 points versus Utah Valley, 21 against Auburn and 18 in the win over Stetson.
- Averages a team-high 14 points per game, seventh in MW.
SHAW ON THE GLASS
- Boise State sophomore Shalen (Shay) Shaw has been a force on the boards this year leading the team averaging 7.5 per game, seventh in the MW.
- She has recorded five straight games with seven or more rebounds.
- Has led or tied for the team high five times in rebounding.
- Boise State has lost three games this season by a combined total of nine points ... two by two points each and a third by five.
- In the pair of two point losses the Broncos had chances to tie or win with last second shots.