Dec. 3, 2016
NEXT UP FOR BRONCO WOMEN'S BASKETBALL
- The Game: Boise State (6-0) takes its undefeated record on the road to the Palouse to face the Pac-12’s Washington State Cougars (4-2) and former Bronco head coach June Daugherty at 3 p.m. (Mountain) on Sunday.
- Next Up: The Broncos return home to face the Concordia (Ore.) Cavaliers at 7 p.m. Wednesday night in Taco Bell Arena.
- Radio: KTIK (AM 1350) will carry all of the women’s games throughout the season. Chris Lewis is in his fourth season as the voice of the Broncos.
- Internet Broadcast: You can also listen to the radio broadcast on the internet at BroncoSports.com.
A QUICK LOOK AT WSU GAME
- Boise State (6-0) is on a six game win streak and coming off a three-point win Thursday night over Eastern Washington 67-64 in Boise.
- Brooke Pahukoa leads Boise State averaging 15.5 points per game ... Shalen Shaw adds 11.3 points and 7.7 rebounds per game ... Riley Lupfer chips in with a 9.8 ppg.
- Boise State ranks eighth nationally in 3-point percentage at .417 and is sixth in 3-pointers made per game at 10.0 ... the Broncos average 79 points per game, second in the Mountain West and 33rd nationally.
- Washington State (4-2) has split its last four contests including a win over Nebraska (79-65) and a loss to Maryland (79-69) last weekend.
- The Cougars are led by Borislova Hristova averaging 16.3 points and 3.5 rebounds per game ... Louise Brown adds 10.8 and team-high 7.3 rebounds per game.
- WSU averages 78.3 points per game, allows 62 ppg and is shooting 41 percent from the floor as a team.
- The series is tied at 18 wins apiece, most recently a 57-52 Cougar win on Dec. 3, 2015 in Boise.
BRONCO FASTBREAK NOTES
COUNT DOWN: PRESNELL HITS ONE MILESTONE AND APPROACHES ANOTHER
- Gordy Presnell is in his 12th season at Boise State and his 30th overall as a collegiate head coach.
- He is already the winningest coach in program history.
- On Nov. 26 he reached his 200th career win at Boise State when the Broncos defeated Charlotte 68-65 to give him a 200-149 record ... he is now 201-149.
- Presnell’s career record overall is impressive as he approaches 600 wins at 597-276 in 30 years of coaching, three short the milestone.
SHAW APPROACHING REBOUND MILESTONE
- Junior forward Shalen Shaw is approaching the 500 career rebounds milestone sitting at 494 entering the WSU game.
- Once Shaw hits the mark she will be the 21st Bronco all-time to reach 500.
RODRIGUEZ SETS SCHOOL ASSISTS RECORD
- Senior point guard Yaiza Rodriguez dished out 10 assists in Boise State’s win at Saint Mary’s (Nov. 25) giving her a new school record of 456 career assists.
- She passed the previous top mark held by Bronco great Tricia (Bader) Binford of 451 set from 1991-96.
- Rodriguez entered 2016-17 27 short of tying the record with 424.
Brooke Pahukoa HITS 1,000
- Senior Brooke Pahukoa entered the 2016-17 campaign ranked 22nd in career points with 931, 69 points short of becoming the 18th member of the 1,000 career points club at Boise State.
- Pahukoa scored a team-high 26 points to lead the Broncos past Saint Mary’s (Nov. 25) surpassing the 1,000 career points milestone with 1,005.
- She now sits in 15th place with 1,024 points.
- Boise State is among the top teams nationally in 3-point shooting ranked eighth in the nation in percentage at .417 and is sixth in 3-pointers made per game at 10.0.
- Boise State has made 60 triples this season which is 19th nationally.
- Boise State is shooting 43.1 percent from the floor which leads the MW and is 82nd in NCAA.
- In four of the first six contests this year they had four players record double-figure points in each, with eight different Broncos involved.
- In the other two contests, wins over St. Mary’s and Charlotte, three players hit double-digit points.
- On the year two Broncos are averaging double-digit points led by Brooke Pahukoa (15.5 ppg) and followed by Shalen Shaw (11.3 ppg).