Dec. 2, 2015
Washington State (5-1) at Boise State (3-2)
- Facts: Thursday, Dec. 3 | 7 p.m. | Boise, Idaho (Taco Bell Arena)
- Parking: Free parking is available in the Albertsons Stadium Parking Lots
- Admission: Adults: $6 | Senior Citizens (62 YOA): $3 | Youth: $3 | Boise State Students: Free with student ID card
- MW Network (live video) | Live Audio | Live Stats | Twitter
GAME 4 PREVIEWWashington State | Thursday, Dec. 3 | Boise, IdahoDaugherty Returns
- The Game: Boise State (3-2) returns home to host Washington State (5-1) Thursday night, Dec. 3, at 7 p.m. (Mountain) in Taco Bell Arena.
- Next Up: Boise State will travel to play the Portland Pilots Sunday afternoon, Dec. 6, at 2 p.m. (Mountain) in the Chiles Center.
- Radio: KTIK (AM 1350) will carry all of the women’s games this season. Chris Lewis returns for his third season as the voice of the Broncos.
- Internet Broadcast: You can also listen to the radio broadcast on the internet at BroncoSports.com.
Washington State Scouting Report
- The Cougars are coached by former Boise State head coach June Daugherty (1989-96).
- Current Bronco associate head coach Sunny Smallwood work for Daugherty at Washington for eight seasons, while assistant coach Heather Sower played for Daugherty at Boise State.
Boise State Scouting Report
- Record: WSU enters the game Thursday with a 5-1 record and coming off a 10-point, 70-60, loss at Oklahoma State on Monday.
- Affiliation: The Cougars are members of the Pacific-12 Conference.
- Preseason Polls: Washington State who went 17-15 overall and 7-11 in league play last year was picked to place 10th out of 12 teams in this year’s Pac-12 race by both the coaches and media.
- Cougar Leaders: Borislava Hristova leads WSU averaging 21 points and 4.2 rebounds per game ... Dawnyelle Awa adds a second-best 8.3 ppg.
- Washington State as a Team: WSU is scoring 69.3 points per game while allowing 60.7 ... the Cougars are shooting 38.7 percent from the floor and 31.4 percent (38-of-121) from beyond the arc ... defensively they are holding opponents to 36.6 percent from the floor and 24.2 (24-of-99) from the arc.
- Record: The Broncos enter the tournament at 3-2 and are coming off a split last weekend at the San Juan Shootout in Puerto Rico falling by two to Auburn 55-53, then regrouped to beat Stetson 71-65.
- Preseason Poll: Boise State who went 22-11 overall and 11-7 (4th) in the Mountain West Conference during 2014-15 was picked to place third out of 11 teams in this year’s MW preseason poll.
- MW Champs: Boise State won the 2015 MW Tournament and advanced to the NCAA First Round where the Broncos fell 72-61 at Tennessee.
- Bronco Leaders: Boise State is led by Brooke Pahukoa averaging 14 points and 5.6 rebounds per game ... Miquelle Askew is next at 11.2 points per game and 5.4 rebounds ... Shalen Shaw averages 10.2 points and team-high 7.6 rebounds per game.
- As a Team: Boise State averages 62.6 points per game and is shooting 43.5 percent from the floor, 31.8 percent (28-of-88) from the 3-point arc and 74 percent (37-of-50) from the free-throw line ... defensively, the Broncos are holding teams to 54.8 points per game on 35.9 percent shooting from the floor and 20.9 percent (19-of-91) from beyond the arc.
- Miscellaneous Notes: Broncos are a +7.8 in scoring margin, +4.0 in rebounding and a -2.2 in turnovers.
- Record: This is an old series between the Cougars and Broncos dating back to 1972 ... this is the 36th meeting in the series with Boise State holding a slim 18-17 edge all-time.
- Last Time: The last time these two met was in Las Vegas, Nev., at the Lady Rebel Roundup on Nov. 29, 2009 when the Broncos won 68-64.
- Boise State Vs. Pac-12: The Broncos are 36-78 all-time versus the current membership of the Pac-12.
- Presnell Approaches Record: Gordy Presnell in his 11th season at Boise State is currently 179-140 ... he needs one more victory to set the school record for wins by a coach ... he is currently tied with Connie Thorngren (1970-84), who was 179-121 in 14 years.
- Rank Coach (Tenure) Record
1. Connie Thorngren (1970-84) 179-121
Gordy Presnell (2005-present) 179-140
3. June Daugherty (1989-96) 122-74
4. Trisha Stevens (1996-2002) 77-93
5. Tony Oddo (1984-89) 72-64
6. Jen Warden (2002-05) 29-59
ASKEW APPROACHING 1,000 POINTS CLUB
- The Milestone: Senior center Miquelle Askew is approaching the 1,000-point milestone sitting at 957, good 20th all-time.
- The Club: When she hits the milestone she will become the 17th Bronco to hit 1,000 career points.
- Boise State has lost two games this season by a combined total of four points ... two points each: 72-70 versus Utah Valley and 55-53 to Auburn.
- In both cases the Broncos had chances to win with last second shots.
- Versus Utah Valley Boise State lead by 12 at one point ... against Auburn the Broncos lead by as many as nine.