Broncos Host EWU Eagles
Boise State looks to remain undefeated when it hosts Eastern Washington Thursday Night.
Nov. 30, 2016
NEXT BRONCO WOMEN'S BASKETBALL
- The Game: Boise State (5-0) returns home to host Eastern Washington (3-2) Thursday night at 7 p.m. (Mountain) in Taco Bell Arena.
- Next Up: The Broncos travel to Pullman, Wash., to face the Pac-12's Washington State Cougars and former Bronco head coach June Daugherty.
- Radio: KTIK (AM 1350) will carry all of the women's games throughout the season. Chris Lewis is in his fourth season as the voice of the Broncos.
- Internet Broadcast: You can also listen to the radio broadcast on the internet at BroncoSports.com.
A QUICK LOOK AT EWU GAME
- Boise State (5-0) is on a five game win streak and coming off a pair of victories at the Hilton Concord Classic at Saint Mary's in Moraga, Calif., last weekend with wins over St. Mary's (83-78) and Charlotte (68-65).
- Brooke Pahukoa leads Boise State averaging 16 points per game ... Shalen Shaw adds 11.6 points and 7.4 rebounds per game ... Yaiza Rodriguez scores 11.0 ppg and Riley Lupfer chips in with a 10.8.
- Boise State ranks second nationally in 3-point percentage at .450 and is fifth in 3-pointers made per game at 10.8 ... the Broncos average 81.4 points per game to lead the Mountain West and rank 22nd nationally.
- Eastern Washington (3-2) has won three straight since opening with a pair of losses ... they have wins over Furman (68-56), Utah Valley (83-50) and Multnomah (88-30).
- The Eagles are led by Delaney Hodgins, older sister of Boise State's Braydey Hodgins, at 18.8 points and 7.0 rebounds per game, both team highs ... Tisha Phillips and Ashli Payne add 12.2 points per game each.
- EWU averages 69.2 points per game, allows 62.4 ppg and is shooting 42.2 percent from the floor as a team.
- Boise State leads the series 30-20 and has won the last two meetings, most recently 84-79 in Cheney on Dec. 21, 2015.
- Sister-vs-Sister: Thursday night will feature a match-up between the Hodgins sisters, Boise State freshman Braydey versus EWU junior Delaney ... the duo had and older sister Hayley who was a senior for the Eagles last year.
BRONCO FASTBREAK NOTES
COUNT DOWN: PRESNELL HITS ONE MILESTONE AND APPROACHES ANOTHER
- Gordy Presnell entering his 12th season at Boise State and his 30th overall as a collegiate head coach.
- He is already the winningest coach in program history, however he reached his 200th career win at Boise State when the Broncos defeated Charlotte (Nov. 26) to give him a 200-149 record.
- Presnell's career record overall is impressive and approaches 600 wins in 30 years of coaching at 596-276, four short the milestone.
SHAW APPROACHING REBOUND MILESTONE
- Junior forward Shalen Shaw is approaching the 500 career rebound milestone sitting at 485 entering the week.
- Once Shaw hits the mark she will be the 21st Bronco all-time to reach 500.
RODRIGUEZ SETS SCHOOL ASSISTS RECORD
- Senior point guard Yaiza Rodriguez dished out 10 assists in Boise State's win at Saint Mary's (Nov. 25) giving her a new school record of 456 career assists.
- She passed the previous top mark held by Bronco great Tricia (Bader) Binford of 451 set from 1991-96.
- Rodriguez entered 2016-17 27 short of tying the record with 424.
Brooke Pahukoa HITS 1,000
- Senior Brooke Pahukoa entered the 2016-17 campaign ranked 22nd in career points with 931, 69 points short of becoming the 18th member of the 1,000 career points club at Boise State.
- Pahukoa scored a team-high 26 points to lead the Broncos past Saint Mary's (Nov. 25) surpassing the 1,000 career points milestone with 1,005.
- She now sits in 17th place with 1,011 points.
- Boise State is among the top teams nationally in 3-point shooting ranked second in the nation in percentage at .450 and is fifth in 3-pointers made per game at 10.8.
- Boise State has made 36 triples this season which is 31st nationally.
- Boise State is shooting 45.4 percent from the floor which leads the MW and is 45th in NCAA.
- In the first three contests this year they had four players record double-figure points in each, with eight different Broncos involved.
- In the last two contests, wins over St. mary's and Charlotte, three players hit double-digit points.
- On the year four Broncos are averaging double-digit points led by Brooke Pahukoa (16.0 ppg), followed by Shalen Shaw (11.6 ppg), Yaiza Rodriguez (11.0) and Riley Lupfer (10.8 ppg).