Boise State Hosts Carroll College on Sunday
Broncos return home from Great Alaska Shootout to face the Carroll College Saints.
Deanna Weaver made the Great Alaska Shootout All-Tournament Team.
Nov. 29, 2014
Carroll (4-3) at Boise State (2-1)
Date: Sunday, Nov. 30
Time: 2 p.m. (Mountain)
Location: Boise, Idaho
Facility: Taco Bell Arena
- Game: Boise State (3-2) returns home to face Carroll College (Mont.) (4-3) Sunday afternoon at 2 p.m. (Mountain) in Taco Bell Arena.
- Promotion: Present your football ticket from Saturday's Utah State game and gain free admission to the women's basketball game.
- Next Up: The Broncos will be back on the road next weekend when they travel to play at Idaho State and Utah Valley.
- Radio: KTIK (AM 1350) will carry all of the women’s games again this season. Chris Lewis returns for his second season as the voice of the Broncos.
- Internet Broadcast: You can listen to the radio broadcast on the internet at BroncoSports.com.
- Recently: Boise State returns home from the Great Alaska Shootout where the split a pair of contests falling to Long Beach State 68-50, then regrouped to defeat Yale 59-53 in overtime to take third place.
- All-Tournament: Senior Deanna Weaver was named the player of the game for the Yale contest, as well as earning all-tournament honors at the Great Alaska Shootout.
- Overtime: The Broncos’ overtime victory against Yale was only the 11th time they had played and extra period under coach Presnell in his 10 seasons at Boise State, they are 5-6 in overtime games.
- The Leader of the Broncos: Senior Deanna Weaver has led the Broncos in scoring in four of the five games this season and averages 15.4 points per game (MW t-6th).
- Familiar Face: Carroll’s new athletics director is Curt Apsey who was at Boise State for the previous 16 years, the last nine as the senior associate athletic director ... he took the Carroll College position in September.
- All-Time Record: This is the second meeting between the Saints and Broncos all-time.
- Last Time: The last time these two programs met was Dec. 9, 2012 in Boise when the Broncos won 76-64.
- Frontier Conference: Boise State is 12-0 all-time against the current members of the Frontier Conference.
SETTING THE SCENE
- Boise State’s Record: The Broncos are currently 3-2 overall.
- Recently for Boise State: After opening with a pair of home victories, the Broncos went on the road where they have gone 1-2 falling at Southern Utah (66-64), then traveled to the Great Alaska Shootout where they split.
- Preseason MW Poll: Boise State is expected to battle for the Mountain West championship having been picked to place second in the preseason poll.
- Carroll’s Conference Affiliation: The Saints are members of the NAIA Frontier Conference where they were picked to place fifth out of eight schools by the coaches.
- Carroll’s Record: The Saints enter the game at 4-3 overall ... this game is an exhibition for Carroll.
- Recently for the Saints: Carroll defeated Dickinson State 70-61 at home in Helena on Nov. 22 ... on their three game trip to the Treasure Valley they are playing two exhibitions at Northwest Nazarene (Nov. 29) and at Boise State, followed by a regular season game at College of Idaho on Monday (Dec. 1).
- Boise State at Home: The Broncos are 2-0 at home in 2014-15. They went 11-4 in Taco Bell Arena last year and are now 274-144 (.656 pct.) all-time in Taco Bell Arena.
- Boise State on the Road: The Broncos are 1-2 on the road in 2014-15.
- Bronco Leaders: Deanna Weaver leads the team at 15.4 points and 6.0 rebounds per game, both team highs ... Miquelle Askew is next at 9.2 ppg and 5.6 rpg ... Keiahnna Engel adds 8.8 ppg and 4.4 rpg.
- Players to Watch for Boise State: The Broncos return senior wing Deanna Weaver who earned MW All-Conference First Team, MW Newcomer of the Year and MW All-Defensive Team honors last year, as well as being named Preseason All-MW this fall ... Sophomore point guard Yaiza Rodriguez Ortego was last year’s MW Co-Freshman of the Year and a member of the MW All-Freshmen Team ... Purdue transfer senior Camille Redmon was named the MW Preseason Newcomer of the Year.
- Saint Leaders: Bailey Snelling leads Carroll with a 15.1 points and 3.7 rebounds per game averages ... Cassidy Hashley adds 11.7 points ppg and team-high 6.3 rpg ... Kalee Junkermier is next at 10.7 ppg.
- Boise State as a Team: Offensively, Boise State is averaging 63.6 points and 43.6 rebounds per game, ranked seventh and fourth respectively in the MW ... Defensively, the Broncos are allowing 58.4 points and 36 rebounds per game, ranking third and first, respectively, in the league.
- Carroll as a Team: Offensively, the Saints average 65.3 points and 33.4 rebounds per game ... Defensively, they allow 62.4 ppg and 3.3 rpg.
- The Coaches: Rachelle Sayers is in her third season at Carroll and as a collegiate head coach accumulating a 52-43 record. Gordy Presnell is in his 10th season at Boise State where he is 157-129 and 553-256 in his 28th season all-time.
The Last Meeting
December 9, 2012