Boise State Hosts Instate Rival Idaho State
Bengals vs. Broncos opens tripleheader on Friday
Nov. 27, 2013
Download complete PDF version of Bronco game notes
- Friday (Nov. 29) - Idaho State at Boise State at 3:30 p.m.
FOLLOW THE BRONCOS ON
- The Game: Boise State (2-3) returns home to host instate rival Idaho State (2-3) this Friday at 3:30 p.m. (Mountain) in Taco Bell Arena.
- Tripleheader Friday: The women's basketball game is the first contest of a tripleheader at Boise State on Friday followed by the men's basketball team at 6 p.m. and the volleyball season finale in Bronco Gym at 8 p.m.
- Radio Broadcast: Listen live to each game via the radio broadcast by KTIK (AM 1350) and at BroncoSports.com as Chris Lewis calls the action.
- Ticket Promotion: For doubleheader basketball games featuring the Boise State women and men, fans can get into both contests for $6 (everyone) apiece if they arrive before the start on the second half of the women's game. Those arriving after halftime will pay the regular men's ticket prices, all seats are reserved for both games. Boise State students get in free with a student ticket (a ticket is required), the student section is general admission seating.
- Four Games for $29 Ticket Promotion: The four games for $29 (per person) package includes tickets to the men's basketball game versus Portland State, the women's basketball game versus Idaho State, volleyball versus Nevada and football versus New Mexico. Please note that the basketball games are considered one event and require just one ticket for both games. Taco Bell Arena does have a no reentry policy for the basketball games.
- Next Up: Boise State will host Utah Valley on Thursday, Dec. 5, at 5:30 p.m. in the first game of a doubleheader with the men's team in Taco Bell Arena.
- All-Time Record: Friday's game will be the 67th meeting all-time in the series between these two Gem State rivals with Boise State holding a commanding advantage 46-20.
- Series Note: This series ranks second for the Broncos in number of times played against an opponent with the 67th coming this Friday. It is one game behind the series with the University of Idaho which has been played 68 times.
- In Boise: The Broncos are 25-8 all-time against the Bengals in games played at Boise.
- Last Time: These two last played last year on Nov. 20, 2012, in Boise when the Bengals defeated the Broncos 64-55.
SETTING THE SCENE
- Idaho State's Conference Affiliation: The Bengals are members of the Big Sky Conference.
- Former Conference Rivals: Idaho State is a former league rival of Boise State from the fall of 1982 through the spring of 1996 when both schools were in the Mountain West Athletic Conference from 1982-1988 followed by the Big Sky in 1988-1996.
- Recently for Boise State: The Broncos have played five games to date most recently the Broncos lost 98-68 at New Mexico State (Nov. 14), then defeated the College of Idaho (Nov. 20) 92-56 in Boise, followed by a 74-61 road loss at South Dakota this past Sunday (Nov. 24).
- Boise State's Record: The Broncos are 2-3 on the year.
- Recently for Idaho State: The Bengals have lost three straight entering Friday's encounter with the Broncos. They lost 70-62 at Illinois-Chicago (Nov. 15), 74-45 at Oklahoma State (Nov. 18) and most recently 78-66 at MW member Utah State (Nov. 22).
- Idaho State's Record: The Bengals enter the game at 2-3 overall.
- Boise State at Home: The Broncos are 2-1 in Taco Bell Arena this year. Boise State went 7-8 at home last season. The Broncos are 263-141 (.649 pct.) all-time in Taco Bell Arena.
- Boise State on the Road: The Broncos have lost both road contests this fall and are 0-2 away from Boise.
- Idaho State on the Road: Idaho State is also winless on the road going 0-3 to date.
- Leading the Broncos: Boise State is being led by sophomore center Miquelle Askew at 14 points per game (t-9th MW) and a team-high 7.6 rebounds per game (t-9 MW), followed by redshirt-sophomore forward Lexie Der at 11.8 ppg (21st MW) and tied for the team lead on the glass at 7.6 rpg (t-9th MW).
- Leading the Bengals: Lindsey Reed leads ISU in scoring at 13.6 points per game (9th BSC), followed by Jessica Tingey at 11.4 ppg (18th BSC) and a team-high 8.4 rebounds per game (3rd BSC).
- Boise State as a Team: Boise State is shooting 38 percent from the floor, 29.2 percent from the 3-point arc and 77.4 percent (1st MW / 23rd NCAA) from the free-throw line, as well as averaging 76.6 points and 42 rebounds per game. Defensively the Broncos have allowed 77.2 points and 40.2 boards per game.
- Idaho State as a Team: The Bengals are averaging 58.8 points and 43 rebounds per game, while allowing 62.2 points and 41 rebounds per game. They shoot 33.3 percent from the floor, 20.5 percent from the arc and 68.2 percent from the free-throw line.
- Preseason Polls: Boise State was projected eighth out of 11 teams in the MW preseason poll, while Idaho State was picked to place fifth out of 11 teams in the Big Sky.
- The Coaches: Seton Sobolewski is in his fifth season at ISU where he is 86-69 (55.5 pct.), his career mark is the same. Gordy Presnell is in his ninth season at Boise State where he is 138-116 (54.3 pct.), 534-243 (68.7 pct.) in his 27th season all-time.
The Last Meeting
November 20, 2012