Broncos Head to Hilton Concord Classic
Boise State will face Saint Mary's and Charlotte in Moraga, California.
Nov. 24, 2016
THIS WEEK IN BRONCO WOMEN'S BASKETBALL
BOISE STATE at HILTON CONCORD CLASSIC
A QUICK LOOK AT SAINT MARY’S GAME
- The Tournament: Boise State (3-0) is on the road for the first time this season as the Broncos travel to the Hilton Concord Classic in Moraga, Calif., to face Saint Mary’s (2-2) at 3 p.m. (MT) Friday and Charlotte (3-1) at 1 p.m. (MT) Saturday.
- Next Up: The Broncos host Eastern Washington on Dec. 1 in Taco Bell Arena.
- Radio: KTIK (AM 1350) will carry all of the women’s games throughout the season. Chris Lewis is in his fourth season as the voice of the Broncos.
- Internet Broadcast: You can also listen to the radio broadcast on the internet at BroncoSports.com.
A QUICK LOOK AT CHARLOTTE GAME
- Boise State is on a three game win streak and coming off a 73-68 overtime win over Seattle last Sunday in Boise ... the Broncos have balanced scoring attack with four players reaching double-figure points in all three games to date.
- Brooke Pahukoa leads Boise State averaging 16 points per game ... Shalen Shaw adds 13.7 points and 8.7 rebounds per game ... Riley Lupfer chips in with a 12.3 points per game average.
- Boise State leads the nation in 3-point percentage and is third in 3-pointers made per game at 12.0 ... the Broncos average 85.3 points per game to lead the Mountain West and rank 14th nationally.
- Saint Mary’s is coming off consecutive road wins 77-53 at Northeastern and 62-54 at Boston College.
- The Gaels are led by Sydney Raggio and Stella Beck averaging 14 points per game.
- Saint Mary’s averages 68.8 points per game and is shooting 45.9 percent from the floor as a team.
- Saint Mary’s leads the series 5-3 and has won the last two meetings, most recently 71-57 in Boise on Dec. 29, 2010.
- Boise State and Charlotte have never met before in women’s basketball, but the Broncos are 5-14 all-time against the American Athletic Conference.
- Grace Hunter leads Charlotte in scoring average at 22.0, but she missed the first three contests debuting in the 49ers last game ... Lefty Webster averages 12.3 ppg followed by Ciara Gregory at 11.0 ppg.
- Charlotte defeated Presbyterian 71-63 last time out on Nov. 20.
- The 49ers are shooting 36.8 percent from the floor on the year and averaging 60.5 points per game.
BRONCO FASTBREAK NOTES
- Boise State is among the top teams nationally in 3-point shooting leading the nation in percentage at .480 and is third in 3-pointers made at 12.0.
- Boise State has made 36 triples this season which is 31st nationally.
- Boise State is shooting 45 percent from the floor which leads the MW and is 56th in NCAA.
- In the first three contests this year they have had four players record double-figure points in each, with eight different Broncos involved.
- Three Broncos are averaging double-digit points led by Brooke Pahukoa (16.0 ppg), followed by Shalen Shaw (13.7 ppg) and Riley Lupfer (12.3 ppg).
THIRD-BEST 3-POINT PERCENTAGE
- Boise State lit up Portland State (Nov. 16) for a school record 18 3-pointers surpassing the previous mark of 15 accomplished three times including last year at Seattle U.
PAHUKOA AND HERMIDA FROM DOWNTOWN
- The Broncos hit 60 percent from beyond the 3-point arc against Portland State (Nov. 16) which ranks third all-time.
COUNT DOWN: PRESNELL APPROACHES TWO MILESTONES
- Brooke Pahukoa led the 3-point attack in the win over Portland State (Nov. 16) with seven (7-of-10) triples, one short of tying the school record.
- Marta Hermida followed with six (6-of-8), in all six Broncos nailed a trey.
RODRIGUEZ SETS AIM ON ASSIST RECORD
- The person in charge of the Broncos is Gordy Presnell entering his 12th season at Boise State and his 30th overall as a collegiate head coach.
- He is already the winningest coach in program history and currently has a 198-149 record at Boise State, three short of the 200 mark.
- Presnell’s career record overall is impressive and sits at 594-276, seven short of the 600 win milestone.
Brooke Pahukoa NEARS 1,000
- Senior point guard Yaiza Rodriguez has her eyes set on Boise State’s career record for assists currently held by Bronco great Tricia (Bader) Binford with 451.
- Rodriguez entered 2016-17 27 short of tying the record with 424.
- After three games she is at 446, five short.
- Senior Brooke Pahukoa entered the 2016-17 campaign ranked 22nd in career points with 931, 69 points short of becoming the 18th member of the 1,000 career points club at Boise State.
- She enters this week in 18th position with 979 making her 21 short.