Boise State to Play at San Francisco Saturday
Boise State (3-1) will look to get back on track this Saturday when the Broncos travel to play at the University of San Francisco (2-2) at 2:00 p.m. (Mountain) in War Memorial Gym on the USF campus.
- THE GAME: Boise State (3-1) will look to get back on track this Saturday when the Broncos travel to play at the University of San Francisco (2-2) at 2:00 p.m. (Mountain) in War Memorial Gym on the USF campus.
- BOISE STATE'S RECORD: The Broncos opened the season 3-0 before dropping a home game 64-55 to Idaho State this past Tuesday, Nov. 20, in Taco Bell Arena.
- NEXT UP FOR BOISE STATE: Boise State will travel to at the Air Force Classic in Colorado Springs, Colo., where the Broncos will play San Diego and UMKC (Missouri-Kansas City).
FOLLOW THE GAME
- RADIO: All of the Broncos' games will be carried live on the radio at KTIK (AM 1350).
- Play-By-Play: Chris King
- LIVE STATS: www.usfdons.com
- LIVE INTERNET AUDIO: www.broncosports.com/liveEvents/liveEvents.dbml
NOTES FOR SAN FRANCISCO GAME
- THE SERIES: Saturday's encounter will be the fourth meeting all-time between San Francisco and Boise State with the Broncos winning all three previous encounters.
- THE LAST TIME: These two programs played a home and home series in 2005 and 2006 in coach Presnell's first two years at Boise State. The Broncos won the 2005 meeting 61-50 in Boise and the 2006 encounter 80-58 in San Francisco.
- VERSUS THE WEST COAST CONFERENCE: Boise State will play three members of the WCC this fall beginning with San Francisco, San Diego (11/30/12) and Portland (12/16/12). The Broncos are 40-40 all-time versus the current membership of the WCC.
- RECENTLY FOR BOISE STATE: The Broncos dropped their first game of the season this past Tuesday at home to instate-rival Idaho State 64-55. Boise State has opened the season 3-1 overall, 1-1 at home and 2-0 on the road.
- SAN FRANCISCO'S RECORD: The Dons enter Saturday's encounter 2-2 overall and are 2-1 at home this season.
- RECENTLY FOR SAN FRANCISCO: USF opened the season 2-0 before dropping its last two games 60-55 at Cal State Fullerton followed by a 55-48 loss at home to Fordham this past Wednesday night.
- BRONCOS AT HOME: The Broncos have split their first two home games of the year defeating North Dakota State 80-61, then lost to Idaho State 64-55 in 1-0 in Taco Bell Arena. They finished last year 10-7 overall at home, their all-time mark is now 255-133 (65.7 pct.) since the facility opened in the fall of 1982.
- BRONCOS ON THE ROAD: Boise State is currently 2-0 on the road this year. The Broncos went 5-9 on the road last year, 4-8 on the opponents home court, 1-1 on neutral floors (MW tournament).
- SAN FRANCISCO AT HOME: USF has played three of its first four games at home in War Memorial Gym where they are 2-1. The Dons went 2-12 at home last season.
- LEADING THE BRONCOS: Boise State is led by senior forward Lauren Lenhardt averaging 15 points (7th MW) and 9.0 rebounds (1st MW) per game. She is also the two-time reigning MW Player of the week. Junior guard Brandi Henton is adding 12.5 ppg (11th MW) and 3.0 rpg.
- LEADING THE DONS: Mel Khlok leads USF at 11.5 ppg and 3.0 rpg followed by Zhane Dikes adding 10.3 ppg and 4.0 rpg.
- COMPARING THE TEAMS: Boise State's offense is averaging 71.2 points (2nd MW) and 42.8 rebounds (4th MW) per game, against San Francisco 60.0 pgg and 40.2 rpg. Defensively, the Broncos are holding teams to 61 ppg (6th MW) while the Dons allow 58 ppg.
- PRESEASON POLLS: Boise State was picked to place seventh out of nine teams in the 2013 Mountain West race. San Francisco was picked to place ninth out of nine schools.
- THE COACHES: Jennifer Azzi is in her third season at USF where she is 11-52 (.175), this will be her first game against Boise State at USF. Gordy Presnell is in his eighth season at Boise State where he is 128-95 (.574 pct.), 524-222 (.703 pct.) in 25+ seasons all-time and 2-0 versus San Francisco.