Boise State Travels to South Dakota
The Broncos hit the road for the second time this season.
Nov. 22, 2013
Download pdf version of game notes
- The Game: Boise State (2-2) is on the road for the second time this season when the Broncos travel to play South Dakota (1-4) Sunday afternoon in Vermillion, S.D. at 1 p.m. (Mountain).
- Radio Broadcast: Listen live to each game via the radio broadcast by KTIK (AM 1350) and at BroncoSports.com as Chris Lewis calls the action.
- Next Up: Boise State will host Idaho State next Friday (Nov. 29) at 3:30 p.m. (Mountain) in the first game of a tripleheader, they will be followed by the men’s basketball team then the season finale for volleyball.
The Last Meeting
December 22, 2012
- All-Time Record: Sunday’s game will be the second meeting all-time in the series between the two programs with Boise State holding a 1-0 advantage.
- In Boise: The Broncos are 1-0 all-time against the Coyotes in games played at Boise.
- Last Time: These two last played last year on Dec. 22, 2012, in Boise when the Broncos edged the Coyotes 52-50.
SETTING THE SCENE
- South Dakota’s Conference Affiliation: The Coyotes are members of the Summit League.
- Last Year for Boise State: Boise State went 11-19 overall and 4-12 in the Mountain West Conference last year placing seventh.
- Recently for Boise State: The Broncos have played four games to date most recently the Broncos lost 98-68 at New Mexico State (Nov. 14) then defeated the College of Idaho (Nov. 20) 92-56 in Boise.
- Boise State’s Record: The Broncos are 2-2 on the year.
- Last Year for South Dakota: The Coyotes went 19-16 overall and 10-6 in conference to place third.
- Recently for South Dakota: The Coyotes have lost four straight games including 65-61 at North Dakota (Nov. 17) and 89-81 against Drake (Nov. 21) in their last two contests.
- South Dakota’s Record: The Coyotes enter the game at 1-4 overall.
- Boise State at Home: The Broncos are 2-1 in Taco Bell Arena this year. Boise State went 7-8 at home last season. The Broncos are 263-141 (.649 pct.) all-time in Taco Bell Arena.
- Boise State on the Road: The Broncos lost their lone road contest this fall 98-68 at New Mexico State.
- South Dakota at Home: Sunday’s game is the first home contest of the year for the Coyotes who went 10-5 in the DakotaDome last year.
- Leading the Broncos: Boise State is being led by sophomore center Miquelle Askew at 15 ppg and a team-high 8.3 rebounds per game, followed by redshirt-sophomore forward Lexie Der at 12 points per game and a team second-best 7.3 rebounds per game.
- Leading the Coyotes: Nicole Seekamp leads the Coyotes averaging 14.6 points per game, followed by Raeshel Contreras at 12.6 ppg.
- Boise State as a Team: Boise State is shooting 39.9 percent from the floor, 30.1 percent from the 3-point arc and 78.8 percent from the free-throw line, as well as averaging 80.5 points and 43.2 rebounds per game. Defensively the Broncos have allowed 78 points and 37.8 boards per game.
- South Dakota as a Team: The Coyotes are averaging 68.8 points and 40.2 rebounds per game, while allowing 73.4 points and 38.2 rebounds per game. They shoot 37.4 percent from the floor, 33.7 percent from the arc and 76 percent from the free-throw line.
- Preseason Polls: Boise State was projected eighth out of 11 teams in the MW preseason poll, while South Dakota was picked to place third out of eight teams in the Summit League.
- The Coaches: Amy Williams is in her second season at South Dakota where she is 20-20 with a career mark of 117-85 (57.9 pct) overall. Gordy Presnell is in his ninth season at Boise State where he is 138-115 (54.5 pct.), 534-242 (68.8 pct.) in his 27th season all-time.