Nov. 19, 2016
SEATTLE U AT BOISE STATE
- The Game: Boise State (2-0) will host the Seattle U Redhawks (1-2) Sunday at 2 p.m. in Taco Bell Arena.
- Next Up: The Broncos will participate in the Saint Mary’s Thanksgiving Classic Nov. 15-26 at Moraga, Calif.
- Radio: KTIK (AM 1350) will carry all of the women’s games throughout the season. Chris Lewis is in his fourth season as the voice of the Broncos.
- Internet Broadcast: You can also listen to the radio broadcast on the internet at BroncoSports.com.
A QUICK LOOK AT THE GAME
- Boise State enters the game coming off a 94-75 victory over Portland State (Nov. 16) in Boise ... the Broncos hit a school record 18 3-pointers against the Vikings in securing the win.
- Brooke Pahukoa leads Boise State averaging 16 points per game ... Shalen Shaw adds 13.5 points and 7.5 rebounds per game ... Marta Hermida chips in with a 13.0 points per game average.
- Seattle U is coming off a 58-53 home win Friday night over UC Santa Barbara.
- The Redhawks return two starters and eight letterwinners from last year’s squad when SU went 9-21 overall all 3-11 in Western Athletic Conference play, seventh out of eight teams.
- Boise State leads the series 7-3 and won the last meeting 84-66 in Seattle last December.
BRONCO FASTBREAK NOTES
Boise State lit up Portland State (Nov. 16) for a school record 18 3-pointers surpassing the previous mark of 15 accomplished three times including last year at Seattle U.
THIRD-BEST 3-POINT PERCENTAGE
The Broncos hit 60 percent from beyond the 3-point arc against Portland State (Nov. 16) which ranks third all-time.
PAHUKOA AND HERMIDA FROM DOWNTOWN
Brooke Pahukoa led the 3-point attack in the win over Portland State with seven (7-of-10) triples, one short of tying the school record ... Marta Hermida followed with six (6-of-8) ... in all six Broncos nailed a trey.
BRONCOS RECEIVED VOTES IN AP TOP-25
The Broncos have been receiving votes in the early versions of the Associated Press top-25 poll including the most recent poll ... they are and among those receiving votes were the Boise State Broncos are getting two points, tied for 36th.
COUNT DOWN: PRESNELL APPROACHES TWO MILESTONES
The person in charge of the Broncos is Gordy Presnell entering his 12th season at Boise State and his 30th overall as a collegiate head coach. He is already the winningest coach in program history and currently has a 197-149 record at Boise State, three short of the 200 mark. Presnell’s career record overall is impressive and sits at 593-276, seven short of the 600 win milestone.
RODRIGUEZ SETS AIM ON ASSIST RECORD
Senior point guard Yaiza Rodriguez has her eyes set on Boise State’s career record for assists currently held by Bronco great Tricia (Bader) Binford with 451. Rodriguez entered 2016-17 27 short of tying the record with 424. After two games she is at 439, 12 short.
Brooke Pahukoa NEARS 1,000
Senior Brooke Pahukoa entered the 2016-17 campaign ranked 22nd in career points with 931, 69 points short of becoming the 18th member of the 1,000 career points club at Boise State. She enters this week in 19th position with 963 making her 27 short.
Brooke Pahukoa FROM DOWNTOWN
Brooke Pahukoa is one of the top 3-point shooters in school history entering the season ranked sixth with 146 career makes. She now has 154 to rank fourth and needs 15 to tie for second place at 169. The school record is 260 by Abby Vaughan (1999-03).