Nov. 18, 2015
Utah Valley (2-1) at Boise State (2-0)
- Facts: Thursday, Nov. 19 | 7 p.m. | Boise, Idaho (Taco Bell Arena)
- Parking: Free parking is available in the Albertsons Stadium Parking Lots
- Admission: Adults: $6 | Senior Citizens (62 YOA): $3 | Youth: $3 | Boise State Students: Free with student ID card
- MW Network (Free Live Video) | Live Audio | Live Stats | Twitter
- Game: Boise State (2-0) concludes a three-game homestand to open the season this Thursday when the Broncos host the Utah Valley Wolverines (2-1) at 7 p.m. (all times are Mountain) in Taco Bell Arena.
- Next Up: Boise State will travel to the San Juan Shootout in Puerto Rico over Thanksgiving where the Broncos will face Auburn (2-0) of the Southeastern Conference on Friday, Nov. 27, and Stetson (1-1) from the Atlantic Sun Conference on Saturday, Nov. 28.
- Radio: KTIK (AM 1350) will carry all of the women’s games this season. Chris Lewis returns for his third season as the voice of the Broncos.
- Internet Broadcast: You can also listen to the radio broadcast on the internet at BroncoSports.com.
PRESNELL APPROACHES BOISE STATE WIN RECORD
- A win on Thursday would tie coach Presnell with Connie Thorngren as the winningest coach in program history in terms of victories.
- Thorngren currently holds the record with 179 wins going 179-121 from 1970-84 (14 seasons).
- Presnell currently sits at 178-138 from 2005-present (11th season).
GAME 3 PREVIEW
Utah Valley Scouting Report
- Record: Utah Valley enters Thursday’s encounter at 2-1 overall ... after falling to BYU 78-62 in its opener UVU has won two straight contests at home over Bethesda 91-64 and most recently on Tuesday over Southern Utah 70-58.
- Affiliation: The Wolverines are members of the Western Athletic Conference.
- Preseason Poll: UVU, who went 11-19 overall and 5-9 in the WAC during 2014-15, was picked to place sixth out of eight teams in this year’s WAC preseason poll.
- Wolverine Leaders: Rhaiah Spooner-Knight leads UVU in scoring at 14 points per game ... Rebecca MaWhinney is second averaging 11.7 points and a team-high 7.0 rebounds per game.
- UVU as a Team: UVU is scoring 74.3 points per game while allowing 66.7 through three games ... the Wolverines are shooting 41.5 percent from the floor and 29.8 percent (17-of-57) from beyond the arc ... defensively the are holding opponents to 33.6 percent from the floor and 29.6 (29-of-98) from the arc.
Boise State Scouting Report
- Record: The Broncos enter Thursday’s contest with the Wolverines at 2-0 following a 58-44 victory over Cal State LA (Nov. 13) and a 61-38 win over College of Charleston on Monday (Nov. 16).
- Preseason Poll: Boise State, who went 22-11 overall and 11-7 (4th) in the Mountain West Conference during 2014-15 were picked to place third out of 11 teams in this year’s MW preseason poll.
- MW Champs: Boise State won the 2015 MW Tournament and advanced to the NCAA First Round where the Broncos fell 72-61 at Tennessee.
- Bronco Leaders: Boise State is led by Miquelle Askew who averages 12.0 points per game and 5.5 rebounds ... Shay Shaw is next averaging 10.0 points and 7.0 rebounds per game.
- As a Team: Boise State is shooting 40.2 percent from the floor, 27.8 percent (10-of-36) from the 3-point arc and 71.4 percent (15-of-21) from the free-throw line ... defensively, the Broncos are holding teams to 31.1 percent shooting from the floor and 12.1 percent (4-of-33) from beyond the arc.
- Miscellaneous Notes: Broncos are a +18.5 in scoring, +13.5 in rebounding and a -2.0 in turnovers.
- Record: This is the 12th meeting in the series which Boise State leads 8-3.
- Last Time: Last year Utah Valley defeated the Broncos 68-60 in Orem.
- WAC This Year: The Wolverines are the first of two Western Athletic Conference teams that Boise State will face this year ... Seattle U. will host the Broncos on Dec. 19.
- Boise State Vs. WAC: The Broncos are 32-19 all-time versus the current membership of the WAC.
The Last Meeting
December 6, 2014