Boise State Travels to Weber State
Boise State (2-0) will hit the road for Weber State (0-1) Thursday night for a 7:00 p.m. (Mountain) tip in the Dee Events Center in Ogden, Utah.
FOLLOW THE GAME
- THE GAME: Boise State (2-0) will hit the road for Weber State (0-1) Thursday night for a 7:00 p.m. (Mountain) tip in the Dee Events Center in Ogden, Utah. The two were former rivals in the old Mountain West Athletic Conference (1982-88) and Big Sky Conference (1988-1996).
- BOISE STATE'S RECORD: The Broncos have opened the season 2-0 with victories at Utah Valley 80-63 and at home Tuesday night with a 80-61 win over previously undefeated North Dakota State (2-1).
- WEBER STATE'S RECORD: The Wildcats have only played once so far this season and that was an 80-55 loss at BYU on Nov. 9. Last year Weber State went 2-27 overall and 0-16 in Big Sky play.
- NEXT UP FOR BOISE STATE: Boise State will host instate-rival Idaho State in Taco Bell Arena on next Tuesday, Nov. 20, at 7:00 p.m. (Mountain).
PREGAME NOTES FOR WEBER STATE GAME
- RADIO: All of the Broncos' games will be carried live on the radio at KTIK (AM 1350).
- PLAY-BY-PLAY: Chris King
- LIVE STATS: www.WeberStateSports.com
BOISE STATE VS. WEBER STATE AND BIG SKY
- RECENTLY FOR BOISE STATE: Boise State opened the season on Nov. 9 with a 80-63 road win at Utah Valley in Orem, Utah. That was followed by an 80-61 win at home this past Tuesday night over North Dakota State.
- BOISE STATE'S RECORD: The Broncos are 2-0 on the year and went 15-16 overall in 2011-12. They went 1-0 in exhibition games this fall.
- RECENTLY FOR WEBER STATE: The Wildcats lost their season opener on Nov. 9 at BYU 80-55.
- WEBER STATE'S RECORD: Weber State is 0-1 to start the year and went 2-27 overall last season.
- BRONCOS AT HOME: The Broncos opened the home schedule with a win Tuesday night and are 1-0 in Taco Bell Arena. They finished last year 10-7 overall and 3-4 in MW play at home bringing their all-time mark to 255-132 (65.9 pct.) and 145-81 (64.2 pct.) in conference games since the facility opened in the fall of 1982.
- BRONCOS ON THE ROAD: Boise State is currently 1-0 on the road this year. The Broncos went 5-9 on the road last year, 4-8 on the opponents home court, 1-1 on neutral floors (MW tournament). The Broncos were 2-5 in conference games.
- THE WILDCATS AT HOME: This will be Weber State home opener for 2012-13, they went 2-11 at the Dee Events Center last year.
- LEADING THE BRONCOS: Boise State is led by senior forward Lauren Lenhardt who just missed her second double-double of the year Tuesday night with 21 points and nine rebounds. She is now averaging 20 points and 10.5 rebounds per game and is shooting 73.9 percent from the floor. Junior guard Brandi Henton is adding 15.5 ppg and 3.0 rpg; Eric Martinez, a junior guard, added 8.0 ppg and 5.0 rpg.
- LEADING THE WILDCATS: Regina Okoye leads the Wildcats at 14.0 ppg and 6.0 rpg. Kalie Matthews is next at 11.0 ppg and 12 rpg.
- COMPARING THE TEAMS: The game will feature Boise State's offense that has scored 80 points in its first two contests against Weber State's offense that recorded 55 points at BYU. Defensively, the Broncos are holding teams to 62 points per game while the Wildcats allowed 80 points to BYU.
- PRESEASON POLL: Boise State was picked to place seventh out of nine teams in the 2013 Mountain West race. Weber State was picked 10th out of 11 schools in the Big Sky.
- THE COACHES: Bethann Ord is entering her second season at WSU where she is 2-28 and 0-1 versus Boise State. Gordy Presnell is in his eighth season at Boise State where he is 127-94 (.575 pct.), 523-221 (.703 pct.) in 25+ seasons all-time and 3-1 versus Weber State.
- THE SERIES: Thursday's encounter will be the 44th meeting all-time between Weber State and Boise State with the Broncos holding a slim 22-21 edge in the series.
- LAST YEAR: The two teams met last year in Boise where Boise State won 86-68. Lauren Lenhardt is the top player back that played in that contest for the Broncos with 11 points (3rd team) and eight rebounds. Amanda Hughes had 13 points (2nd team) and three boards for Weber State. The Wildcats shot 44.6 percent from the floor, 20 percent (3-15) from the arc and 38.9 percent (7-18) from the free throw line, while Boise State hit 48.8 percent from the floor, 23.1 percent (3-13) from the arc and 67.6 percent (23-34) from the free-throw line
- VERSUS THE BIG SKY: The Broncos are 188-138 against the current membership of the Big Sky Conference.