► What’s Happening: Boise State Host Southern Utah
Boise State will host Southern Utah University Tuesday night, Nov. 16 at 7:00 p.m. (Mountain) in Taco Bell Arena. This will be the third of a four-game homestand to open the season for the Broncos. Coach Presnell needs one win to become the third coach in Bronco history to hit 100 career victories at Boise State.
- RADIO: This game will be available on the Bronco Sports Network on KBSU (AM 730) in the Treasure Valley. It will also be available over the internet at BroncoSports.com. This year Jack Smith will be handling the play-by-play duties for Boise State game broadcasts.
- INTERNET: Fans can log on to BroncoSports.com and watch all home games at the “multimedia” link. By becoming a Bronco Vision premium subscription member, Boise State fans will receive access to live games, past games, seasonal highlights, special features and interviews that can only be seen by paying the membership price of $10.95 for one month, $29.95 for four months, or $79.95 for the year. Live stats can be found at BroncoSports.com as well for no fee.
► Boise State Talking Points for Game
- RECENTLY: Boise State split a pair of home games to open the season this last weekend losing 83-76 to Portland on Nov. 12, then defeated Idaho State 73-48 on Nov. 14.
- SERIES: This is the seventh meeting in the Southern Utah-Boise State series with the Broncos leading 5-1. Boise State has won five straight over the Thunderbirds and leads the series in Boise by a 4-1 margin.
- VERSUS SUMMIT LEAGUE: The Broncos are 6-2 all-time versus current members of the Summit League: 5-1 vs. SUU, 1-0 vs. Oral Roberts and 0-1 vs. Western Illinois.
- LAST TIME THEY MET: These two met in Boise on Dec. 1, 2008 where the Broncos won 74-60.
- LAST TIME FOR SUU: Only three current Thunderbirds played in that game. SUU returns Kaila Goff who recorded 14 points, one board, five assists, and two steals; Caitlyn Sears added eight points, four boards and three assists.
- LAST TIME FOR BOISE STATE: Only four current Broncos played in the game: Heather Pilcher had a team-high 19 points to go with two boards, one block and one steal; the other three are Janie Bos (4 pts, 7 rbs, 1 blk, 1 stl), Melissa Rima (5 pts, 5 rbs, 1 ast, 1 stl) and Stacie Gross who played two minutes.
- BRONCO LEADERS: Two games into the season Lauren Lenhardt leads in scoring at 14 ppg and 4.5 rpg, Janie Bos adds 10.5 ppg and team-high 8 rpg, while Kati Isham contributes 10.5 ppg, 3 rpg, and 4 apg.
- AS A TEAM: Boise State is averaging 74.5 ppg and 41 rpg, while shooting 44.6 percent from the floor, 32 percent from the 3-point arc and 76.9 percent from the free-throw line.
- WHAT’S BACK: Boise State returns two starters, Janie Bos and Julia Marshall, as well as seven letterwinners from last year’s 19-12 campaign.
- WAC POLLS: After finishing the 2009-10 WAC race at 8-8 and tied for fourth-place, the Broncos where picked to place fifth in this year’s preseason coaches poll and fourth in the media’s.
- PRESNELL MILESTONES: Coach Presnell needs one win to reach his 100th at Boise State and five to reach his 500th in his career.
► Southern Utah Talking Points for Game
- RECENTLY: Southern Utah is coming off a 76-42 road loss at UNLV last Friday, Nov. 12. Challis Pascucci led with team highs for points and rebounds at 16 and seven, respectively.
- ABOUT SUU: SUU is 0-1 entering the game. The Thunderbirds are currently members of the Summit League but are set to join the Big Sky Conference for the 2012-13 season. Last season they went 7-23 overall and 5-13 in league to place eighth.
- THEIR LEADERS: After one game Challis Pascucci leads the T-Birds at 16 ppg and 7 rpg; followd by Caitlyn Sears at 13 ppg and 6 rpg.
- AS A TEAM: They average 42 ppg and allowed 76. SUU was out rebounded 58 to 36 in the loss to UNLV. They shot 28.6 percent from the court, 30 percent from the arc and 77.8 percent from the charity stripe.
- WHAT’S BACK: Southern Utah returns four starters and six letterwinners from last year’s team.
- SL POLLS: Southern Utah was picked to finish tied for seventh out of 10 schools in this year’s Summit race in the league’s preseason poll voted on by coaches and media.
- SUU COACH: There is a Boise State connection with the SUU staff. The head coach J.R. Payne and associate head coach Toriano Towns are former Boise State assistants under Presnell. Payne is in her second year at SUU where she is 7-24 overall.