Broncos Host Northwest Nazarene
Boise State will host the Crusaders in the lone exhibition game for either team.
Nov. 6, 2014
Head coach Gordy Presnell talks about the teams first month of practice, and gives a hint as to what to expect from the Broncos this season.
- Exhibiton Game
- Northwest Nazarene at Boise State
- Date: Friday, Nov. 7
- Time: 5:30 p.m. (Mountain)
- Location: Boise, Idaho (Taco Bell Arena)
- Live Stats: BroncoSports.com
- Live Video/Audio: BroncoSports.com
- Exhibition Game: Boise State is hosting Northwest Nazarene in a exhibition on Friday in the first contest of a doubleheader with the men.
- Game Time: The game will tip at 5:35 p.m. in Taco Bell Arena.
- Parking: Parking for the women’s game is the east stadium parking lot or Lincoln Parking Garage.
- Radio: KTIK (AM 1350) will carry the Broncos again this season. Chris Lewis returns for his second season as the voice of the Broncos calling all the action.
- Internet Broadcast: You can listen to the radio broadcast and watch the live video of the game over the internet as well at BroncoSports.com.
- All-Time Record: Boise State leads the all-time regular season series 22-1 ... note this is an exhibition and will not count in the series.
- Last Time it Counted: These two programs have met periodically in exhibitions games over the last 10-15 years, however, they have not met in a regular season contest since Jan. 5, 1988.
SETTING THE SCENE
- Recently for Boise State: Boise State has not played a game yet this fall, Friday's game is the lone exhibiton contest.
- Boise State’s 2013-14 Record: The Broncos went 18-14 overall, 12-6 in conference action, tied for third place in the final MW standings.
- Boise State’s 2013-14 Postseason: The Broncos participated in the Women’s Basketball Invitational (WBI) last season reaching the second round with a road victory at Grand Canyon (52-51), before falling at Stephen F. Austin (80-59).
- Preseason MW Poll: Boise State is expected to battle for the Mountain West championship having been picked to place second in the preseason poll.
- NNU Conference Affiliation: Northwest Nazarene is a member of the NCAA Division II Great Northwest Athletic Conference (GNAC).
- Recently for NNU: Like Boise State, this is the only scheduled exhibition game this fall for NNU.
- NNU’s 2013-14 Record: The Crusaders went 15-11 overall and 8-10 in GNAC play to place seventh.
- Preseason GNAC Poll: Northwest Nazarene was tabbed to place seventh in the GNAC’s preseason poll.
- Boise State at Home: The Broncos went 11-4 in Taco Bell Arena last year. They are 272-144 (.654 pct.) all-time in Taco Bell Arena.
- What’s Back For Boise State: Everyone! Boise State returns everyone from last year’s squad including all five starters ... leading the way will be senior wing Deanna Weaver who led the team averaging 13.7 points and 6.9 rebounds per game ... Miquelle Askew (Jr., center) followed at 13.0 ppg and 6.0 rpg ... Yaiza Rodriguez Ortego started at point averaging 9.5 ppg, 2.5 rpg and 3.3 assists per game.
- Players to Watch for Boise State: The Broncos return senior wing Deanna Weaver who earned MW All-Conference First Team, MW Newcomer of the Year and MW All-Defensive Team honors last year, as well as being named Preseason All-MW this fall ... Sophomore point guard Yaiza Rodriguez Ortego was last year's MW Co-Freshman of the Year and a member of the MW All-Freshmen Team ... Purdue transfer senior Camille Redmon was named the MW Preseason Newcomer of the Year.
- What’s Back For NNU: The Crusaders return two starters and six letterwinners ... Taylor Simmons is the top returner starting all 26 contests averaging 12.7 ppg, 3.3 rebounds and 3.2 apg ... Kayla Schumann also returns after starting 21 games last season averaging 6.8 ppg. 1.8 rpg and 1.5 apg.
- Boise State as a Team: Offensively, last year Boise State averaged 70.3 points per game, the sixth most all-time in program history ... they shot the fourth-best percentage all-time from the free-throw line hitting .718 ... they set the school record for most 3-pointers made in history with 225 ... Defensively, the Broncos have allowed 68.6 points and 39.7 rebounds per game.
- NNU as a Team: NNU was the fourth ranked free throw shooting team in the country (NCAA DII) in 2013-14, making 79 percent of its free shots while taking the second most attempts in the conference with 450 ... the Crusaders averaged 73.8 points and 39.5 rebounds per game, while allowing 69.4 points and 36.6 boards ...
- The Coaches: Ryan Bragdon is in his second season at Northwest Nazarene where he is 15-11, his career mark is the same. Gordy Presnell is in his 10th season at Boise State where he is 154-127 and 550-254 in 27 seasons all-time.