Broncos Host Southern Oregon
Boise State will host Southern Oregon in its lone exhibition game of the fall.
Brooke Pahukoa, 2015 Preseason All-MW.
Nov. 4, 2015
- Exhibition Game
- Southern Oregon (2-0) at Boise State (0-0)
- Nov. 6, 2015 at 5:30 p.m. (Mountain Time)
- Boise, Idaho (Taco Bell Arena)
- Game: Boise State (0-0) hosts Southern Oregon (2-0) in an exhibition game at 5:30 p.m. (all times are Mountain) on Friday at Taco Bell Arena.
- Doubleheader: Friday’s exhibition is the first of two doubleheaders with the men’s team this season, the next is Nov. 16 when they host the College of Charleston at 4 p.m.
- Next Up: Boise State will open the regular season next Friday (Nov. 13) when the Broncos host Cal State Los Angeles at 7 p.m. in Bronco Gym.
- Radio: KTIK (AM 1350) will carry all of the women’s games this season. Chris Lewis returns for his third season as the voice of the Broncos.
- Internet Broadcast: You can listen to the radio broadcast on the internet at BroncoSports.com.
- Admission: $6 for adults, $3 for youth high school age and younger, $3 senior citizens (62 YOA), Boise State students free with student ticket.
- Parking: The Albertsons Stadium Parking Lot is free
- Boise State Picked Third: The Mountain West preseason coaches and media poll selected Boise State to place third in this year’s league race.
- Brooke Pahukoa Named Preseason All-MW: Junior guard Brooke Pahukoa was named to the 2015 Mountain West Preseason All-Conference Team ... her first career preseason honor.
- Broncos Return Three Starters: Boise State returns three starters from last year’s NCAA Tournament Team in junior guards Brooke Pahukoa and Yaiza Rodriguez Ortego, as well as senior center Miquelle Askew ... between the trio they combined for 77 starts in 2014-15.
- Broncos Return Three Starters: Six letterwinners return from last year’s squad, joining the three starters are Brittney Pahukoa (Jr., G), Shalen Shaw (So., F/G) and Julia Dufurrena (Sr., G/F).
- Top Scorers Back: Two of the top-three scorers return for last season in Brooke Pahukoa (10.4 ppg) and Miquelle Askew (9.2 ppg).
- Top Rebounders Back: Shalen Shaw is the top returner in rebounding averaging 5.5 rpg in 2014-15, third on the team ... Miquelle Askew is next at 4.1 rpg, fourth overall last year.
- Welcome Back: The Broncos also return two redshirts from 2014-15 in senior Lexie Der and freshman Marijke Vanderschaaf.
- New Broncos on the Block: Boise State added five new faces to this year’s squad, all are true freshmen: Marta Hermida (Madrid, Spain), Ella Fotu (Auckland, New Zealand), Jordan Tully (Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada), Joyce Harrell (Seattle, Wash.) and Leonie Edringer (Trier, Germany).
- Broncos Go International: With the additions of the four freshmen from foreign countries that gives Boise State six international players when adding redshirt-senior Lexie Der (Burnaby, B.C., Canada) and Yaiza RodriguezOrtego (Barcelona, Spain) ... that ties the Broncos for second-most internationals on a team in NCAA Division I women’s basketball.
- Presnell Approaches Boise State Record: Gordy Presnell is entering his 11th season in charge of the Broncos and currently has a 176-138 record ... he needs three more victories to tie Connie Thorngren (1970-84) as the winningest coach in program history in terms of wins.
The Last Meeting
November 11, 2011