Women's Basketball Hosts Southern Oregon in Exhibition
This is the first time to see your Broncos in action.
Nov. 3, 2013
This Week in Bronco Women’s Basketball
- The Boise State women will host their only exhibition game of the preseason this Monday night when the Raiders of Southern Oregon University come to town for an exhibition contest in Taco Bell Arena.
- This will be Bronco Nations first opportunity to see the 2013-14 team as they take on the NAIA Raiders from the Cascade Collegiate Conference.
- The season begins in earnest on Friday when the Broncos host Southern Utah at 5:30 p.m. in the first game of a women’s and men’s doubleheader in Taco Bell Arena to start the regular season.
The Last Meeting
November 11, 2011
2013-14 Admission Prices
- Prices remain the same as last season.
- Bronco Sports Pass: The best way to get into Bronco basketball this season is by purchasing the Bronco Sports Pass which is good for all of Boise State’s sports except men’s basketball and football, the pass is not valid for basketball doubleheaders. The pass can be purchased for $50 per person at the Boise State Athletic Ticket Office.
Single Game Ticket Prices (Purchased at the arena box office)
- Adults: $6
- Youth (high school age and younger): $4
- Senior Citizens: $4
Follow the Broncos on the Radio and Internet
- Boise State women’s basketball returns to the radio airways of the Treasurer Valley this winter. For the third year in a row all Bronco games can be heard live on KTIK Radio (AM 1350) with the new voice of the Broncos Chris Lewis calling the action.
- The radio broadcasts can also be heard live over the internet by going to BroncoSports.com and clicking the schedule link.
- In addition, all home games will feature live video with the radio broadcast for free by the Bronco Digital Network on BroncoSports.com.
Follow the Broncos on GameTracker
- Live stats for all of the Broncos home games can be found on GameTracker and select road contests.
- Live Stats Link: http://www.broncosports.com/sports/w-baskbl/sched/bosu-w-baskbl-sched.html
A Quick Look at the Broncos
- Boise State returns seven members of last year’s team including Lexie Der (R-So., forward), Keiahnna Engel (R-So., guard), Miquelle Askew (So., center), Kayla Reinhart (So., guard/forward), Brandi Henton (R-Jr., guard), Diana Lee (Sr., guard)
- The seventh returner Kinzi Poteet (R-Sr., forward) will miss the season because of injury.
- The Broncos return three starters in Brandi Henton, Lexie Der and Diana Lee.
- Brandi Henton was the 2013 Mountain West Newcomer of the Year.
- Seven newcomers joined the squad this season led by Deanna Weaver (Santa Clara, Calif.) who is a junior transfer from the University of Oregon. The forward will not be eligible until after the fall semester but is expected to be a impact once she can compete.
- The other six newcomers include: Junior college transfer Hailey Laird a guard (Parma, Idaho), and five freshmen in guard Tonishia Childress (Las Vegas, Nev.), forward Kenna McDavis (Phoenix, Ariz.), guard Brittney Pahukoa (Lake Stevens, Wash.), guard Brooke Pahukoa (Lake Stevens, Wash.) and guard Yaiza Rodrigeuz (Esplugues de Llobregat, Spain).
A Quick Look at Southern Oregon
- Southern Oregon is located in Ashland, Ore.
- The Raiders are members of the Cascade Collegiate Conference, the same league as the College of Idaho
- Southern Oregon enters the contest with a 2-0 regular season record, the encounter with the Broncos will not count towards either teams record.
- The Raiders gave head coach Lynn Kennedy his 200th career victory in their season opener last week.
- The Raiders went 22-10 last year.
- SOU was picked to place fourth in this year’s CCC race by the league’s coaches.
- Preseason CCC All-Conference selections Allison Gida (Ashland, Ore.) and Carly Meister (Elma, Wash.) will lead the Raiders against the Broncos.