Boise State Goes for 20th Win Friday Night
Broncos will close the regular season Friday at Fresno State.
Senior Deanna Weaver will lead the Broncos at Fresno State.
March 5, 2015
- Boise State (19-9, 11-6 MW) at Fresno State (20-8, 12-5 MW)
- March 6, 2015 at 8p.m. (Mountain Time)
- Fresno, Calif.(Save Mart Center)
- 33rdMeeting in Series
The Last Meeting
February 14, 2015
- Game: Boise State (19-9, 11-6 MW) closes out the regular season Friday night in Fresno, Calif., against third-place Fresno State (20-8, 12-5 MW) with an 8 p.m. (Mountain) tip in the Save Mart Center.
- Implications: The Broncos are looking for some momentum heading into next week's Reese's Mountain West Women's Basketball Championship in Las Vegas ... a victory would give Boise State its sixth 20-win season all-time and third under coach Presnell, as well as the No. 3 seed into the tournament ... the Broncos are already guaranteed a first-round bye at next week's championship and depending on what happens conference wide Friday night could finish anywhere from third to fifth place.
- Next Up: Boise State will leave Sunday for the Reese's Mountain West Women's Basketball Championship at Las Vegas.
- Radio: KTIK (AM 1350) will carry all of the women's games this season. Chris Lewis returns for his second season as the voice of the Broncos. Internet Broadcast: You can listen to the radio broadcast on the internet at BroncoSports.com.
SETTING THE SCENE
- Preseason MW Poll: The Mountain West preseason coaches and media poll selected Boise State to place second while Fresno State was projected fourth in this year's league race.
- Season Series: Boise State won the first meeting of the year in Taco Bell Arena at Boise, on Feb. 14, 75-66 in overtime.
- Boise State's Record: The Broncos enter the game at 19-9 overall and 11-6 in MW play, good for fourth-place, one game back of Fresno State in third.
- Recently for Boise State: The Broncos are coming off a 91-76 win Tuesday night in the home finale over San Jose State ... preceded by a split last week falling 63-50 on the road at New Mexico (Feb. 25), followed by a 64-58 victory at home over San Diego State (Feb. 28).
- Fresno State's Record: Fresno State enters the game at 20-8 overall and 12-5 in league action.
- Recently for Fresno State: The Bulldogs have won three of their last four contests including a 61-41 win on Tuesday at Air Force.
- Boise State at Home: The Broncos finished the year 13-2 at home ... they went 11-4 in Taco Bell Arena last year and are now 285-146 (.661 pct.) all-time in facility.
- Boise State on the Road: The Broncos have struggled a bit on the road this year and are now 6-7 away from Boise in 2014-15 ... last time out was a 63-50 loss at New Mexico (Feb. 25) ... they are 4-4 in league games.
- Fresno State at Home: The Bulldogs are always hard to beat in the Save Mart Center and are 13-1 there this year ... they have won two straight at home with the lone loss coming at the hands of UNLV 73-70 in overtime (Feb. 11).
- Fresno State on the Road: The Bulldogs are 7-7 away from Fresno and 5-4 in league contests.
- Bronco Leaders: In MW games, Deanna Weaver leads the team at 12.7 points (MW 11) and 4.4 rebounds per game, on the year she leads in the MW and is ranked 15th-nationally for 3-point percentage at .430 ... Brooke Pahukoa is second in scoring during conference averaging 11.2 ppg (MW 16), Miquelle Askew follows at 8.5 ppg ... Camille Redmon leads on the glass at 7.1 rebounds per game (MW 7).
- Bulldog Leaders: In MW games, Alex Sheedy leads Fresno State in both scoring and rebounding at 15.4 ppg (MW 6) and 6.6 rpg (MW 12) ... Toni Smith adds 10.5 ppg and 5.4 rpg.
- Boise State as a Team: Offensively, Boise State is averaging 71.9 points (MW 2/NCAA 47) and a league-best 71.5 ppg during MW action ... Defensively, the Broncos are fifth in the league allowing 62.2 points per game and 64.9 points per game (MW 7) in conference play ... on the year the Broncos out score opponents by +9.7 (MW 2/NCAA 43) and +5.2 rebounds per game (MW 2/ NCAA 45).
- Fresno State as a Team: Offensively, the Bulldogs are averaging 64 points per game (MW 6) on the year and 61.9 ppg (MW 8) in league play ... Defensively, they are allowing 58.8 ppg (MW 2) this season and 56.1 ppg (MW 2) during league games.
- The Coaches: Jaime White is in her first season as head coach at Fresno State where she is 20-8, her career mark is 137-136 in nine seasons. Gordy Presnell is in his 10th season at Boise State where he is 173-136 and 569-263 in his 28th season all-time.
- All-Time Record: This is the 33rd meeting all-time between the Bulldogs and Broncos with Fresno State leading 22-10.
- Current Streak: Boise State snapped a 11-game losing streak to the Bulldogs on Feb. 14 when the Broncos defeated Fresno State 75-66 in overtime at Boise.
- Series at Fresno: The Bulldogs lead the series in Fresno 10-3, including nine straight.
- MW Series: Fresno State leads the MW conference series 4-1 since the Bulldogs joined the league for the 2012-13 campaign.
- Mountain West Conference: Boise State is 111-86 all-time against the current membership of the Mountain West; however, they are 32-31 against those schools in MW contests.