It is senior Lauren Lenhardt's final home game, admission is $1.
UNLV (11-17, 7-7 MW) at Boise State (11-16, 4-10 MW)
Wednesday, March 6, 2013, at 7 p.m. (Mountain)
Boise, Idaho (Taco Bell Arena)
Radio: KTIK AM 1350 (Play-by-Play: Chris King)
Live Audio and Video
WHAT'S HAPPENING THIS WEEK
- The Game: Boise State (11-16, 4-10 MW) close the regular season home schedule this Wednesday night when the Broncos host the UNLV Lady Rebels (11-17, 7-7 MW) at 7 p.m. (Mountain) in Taco Bell Arena.
- Pack the House Night: This Wednesday's game is the annual "Pack the House" night for the Broncos when they try for the largest attendance of the year.
- Senior Night: This Wednesday's game is also Senior Night as the Broncos will honor their lone senior and Eagle, Idaho, native Lauren Lenhardt in a pre-game ceremony.
- Ticket Promotion: Admission to Wednesday's game is one dollar ($1) per person.
- The MW Standings: Boise State enters the game in seventh place (4-10) in the league standings, while UNLV is in fourth (7-7).
- Next Up: Boise State will close out the regular season schedule on Saturday when they travel to play at San Diego State (22-5, 13-1 MW), this year's season champion, at 3 p.m. (Mountain).
- All-Time Record: Wednesday's encounter with the Lady Rebels will be the sixth meeting all-time in the series between these two new conference rivals. UNLV holds a slim 3-2 advantage in the series.
- Last Year: These two teams met twice last year with UNLV winning both regular season games 66-50 in Las Vegas and 75-66 in Boise.
THE LAST TIME - February 2
- Result: Boise State fell 75-61 on the road at UNLV. The Lady Rebels took control in the second period stretching a six-point halftime advantage to as many as 19 midway through the half. Lauren Lenhardt led a Boise State rally attempt with eight points late in the game as the Broncos closed to within eight, 67-59, with 2:33 to play, but they could get no closer.
- Bronco Leaders: Lauren Lenhardt led Boise State with her sixth double-double of the year on 21 points and 11 rebounds, both team highs. Brandi Henton followed with 16 points, Erica Martinez added three 3-pointers to finish the game with nine points.
- Rebel Leaders: Kelli Thompson led UNLV with 33 points and 10 rebounds, followed by Danielle Miller with 14 points.
- Team Stats: Boise State finished the contest shooting 31.9 percent (23-72) from the floor, 19.4 percent (6-31) from beyond the arc and 56.3 percent (9-16) from the free-throw line. UNLV shot 36.2 percent (21-58) from the floor, 27.3 percent (3-11) from the arc and made a living at the free-throw line hitting 30-of-44 attempts (68.2 pct.).
QUICK LOOK AT BOISE STATE
- The Record: The Broncos enter the game at 11-16 overall and 4-10 in MW play. They are 7-7 at home, 3-8 on the opponents' floor and 1-1 on neutral courts.
- The Broncos at Home: The Broncos are 7-7 in home (3-4 MW) games this year at Taco Bell Arena. They finished last year 10-7 overall at home, their all-time mark is now 261-139 (.654 pct.) since the facility opened in the fall of 1982.
- The Broncos on the Road: Boise State is 4-9 away (1-6 MW) from Boise this year. Its last road game was last Saturday (March 2) a 72-60 loss at Colorado State.
- Recently for Boise State: The Broncos snapped a seven-game skid with the win at Nevada on Feb. 27, followed by the loss at CSU.
- Leading the Broncos: Boise State is led by senior forward Lauren Lenhardt ranked fourth in the MW averaging 16.1 points and 7.2 rebounds (4th MW) per game on the year. She currently ranks second in the MW for scoring during league contests at 17.5 ppg and is a three-time MW Player of the Week honoree this season. Junior guard Brandi Henton adds 12.8 ppg (13th MW) in league games.
- As a Team: The Broncos average 63 points per game to rank fourth in the league, while allowing 66.9 ppg (6th MW), they rank fourth in rebound offense averaging 40 rpg.
- The Coach: Gordy Presnell is in his eighth season at Boise State where he is 136-110 (.553 pct.) , 532-237 (.692 pct.) in 25+ seasons all-time. Presnell is 2-3 all-time against UNLV.
QUICK LOOK AT UNLV
- UNLV Record: The Lady Rebels enter the game at 11-17 overall and 7-7 in MW play. They are 7-8 at home, 2-7 on the opponents' home courts and 2-2 on neutral floors. In MW play they are 5-3 at home and 2-4 on the road.
- Recently for the Rebels: UNLV defeated Nevada 80-63 last Saturday (March 2) in Las Vegas to snap a three-game losing streak.
- Leading UNLV: Kelli Thompson leads the MW in scoring on the year at 18.5 points per game to go with a team-second-best 6.0 rebounds per outing (12th MW), she is first in league games as well averaging 19 ppg. Danielle Miller is second in scoring for UNLV at 10.6 ppg.
- As a Team: On the year, UNLV features the fifth ranked scoring offense in the MW averaging 62.8 points per game, while allowing 67.4 ppg (7th MW). The Lady Rebels are sixth in rebounding at 39.2 per game, while allowing opponents 40.8 boards per game (7th MW).
- The Coach: Kathy Olivier is in her fifth year at UNLV where she is 61-83 (.461 pct.), her career mark is 303-291 (.510 pct.) in 20 seasons. Olivier is 3-1 against the Broncos while at UNLV.
MOUNTAIN WEST PRESEASON POLL
- The Mountain West Preseason Poll is a combined coaches and media poll. Boise State was picked to place seventh, while UNLV was projected third out of nine teams in the 2013 league race.
BRONCOS Vs. MOUNTAIN WEST
- Versus MW All-time: Boise State is 60-53 (53.1 pct.) all-time versus the current membership of the Mountain West.
- All-Time in MW Games: The Broncos are 9-19 all-time in MW games after going 5-9 last year in their first season as members of the MW. However, they are now 9-17 against the current membership in MW games entering the year since the departure of TCU.
- All-Time in Home Games: The Broncos are 6-8 all-time in home MW games.
- All-Time in Road Games: The Broncos are 3-12 all-time in road MW games.
- Previous Rivalries: Boise State has been a conference rival of Nevada and Fresno State previously as members of the Western Athletic Conference 2001-2011.