Broncos Host San Jose State on Senior Night
Boise State closes the regular season home schedule Tuesday against the Spartans.
Kinzi Poteet is one of four seniors that will be honored Tuesday night.
March 2, 2015
- San JoseState (12-15, 6-10) at Boise State (18-9, 10-6 MW)
- March 3, 2015 at 7p.m. (Mountain Time)
- Boise, Idaho (Taco Bell Arena)
- 25th Meeting in Series
- Game: Boise State (18-9, 10-6 MW) closes out the regular-season home schedule this Tuesday for Senior Night when the San Jose State Spartans (12-15, 6-10 MW) come to town for a 7:07 p.m. (Mountain) tip in Taco Bell Arena ... the Broncos are looking for some momentum heading into next week's Reese's Mountain West Women's Basketball Championship in Las Vegas.
- Senior Night: The Broncos will honor their four seniors in a short pre-game ceremony Tuesday night. This year's senior class includes: Kinzi Poteet, Deanna Weaver, Camille Redmon and Hailey Laird.
- Promotion: All Boise State alumni get into game for $3, a 50 percent discount. Next Up: Boise State will close the regular season on the road Friday night at Fresno State (19-8, 11-5 MW) with an 8 p.m. (Mountain) tip in the Save Mart Center.
- Radio: KTIK (AM 1350) will carry all of the women's games this season. Chris Lewis returns for his second season as the voice of the Broncos.
- Internet Broadcast: You can listen to the radio broadcast on the internet at BroncoSports.com.
SETTING THE SCENE
- Preseason MW Poll: The Mountain West preseason coaches and media poll selected Boise State to place second while San Jose State was projected 10th in this year's league race.
- Season Series: San Jose State won the first meeting of the year in San Jose, Calif., on Jan. 21 by a 88-78 score.
- Boise State's Record: The Broncos enter the game at 18-9 overall and 10-6 in MW play, good for a fourth-place tie with UNLV, one game back of Fresno State in third.
- Recently for Boise State: The Broncos are coming off a split last week falling 63-50 on the road at New Mexico (Feb. 25), followed by a 64-58 victory at home over San Diego State (Feb. 28).
- San Jose State's Record: SJSU comes to Boise at 12-15 overall and a 6-10 MW mark, good for eighth-place.
- Recently for San Jose State: The Spartans snapped a four-game skid last Saturday with a 81-72 win at home over Nevada for Senior Day.
- Boise State at Home: The Broncos are 12-2 at home in 2014-15 ... they went 11-4 in Taco Bell Arena last year and are now 284-146 (.660 pct.) all-time in facility.
- Boise State on the Road: The Broncos have struggled on the road this year and are now 6-7 away from Boise in 2014-15.
- San Jose State at Home: The Spartans are 9-4 overall and 5-4 in MW games at home in the Event Center at San Jose State.
- San Jose State on the Road: SJSU is 3-11 away from San Jose and 1-6 in league contests.
- Bronco Leaders: In MW games, Deanna Weaver leads the team at 12.5 points (MW 11) and 4.6 rebounds per game, on the year she is second in the MW for 3-point percentage at .418 (NCAA 22) ... Brooke Pahukoa is second in scoring during conference averaging 11.5 ppg (MW 16), Miquelle Askew follows at 8.8 ppg ... Camille Redmon leads on the glass at 7.1 rebounds per game (MW 8).
- Spartan Leaders: In MW games, Ta'Rae Cunnigan leads the Spartans at 18.1 points per game (MW 3) ... Rebecca Woodberry adds 10.7 points (MW 17) and team-high 7.0 rebounds (MW 9) per game.
- Boise State as a Team: Offensively, Boise State is averaging 71.1 points (MW 2/NCAA 52) and a league-best 70.2 ppg during MW action ... Defensively, the Broncos are fifth in the league allowing 61.7 points per game and 64.2 points per game (MW 7) in conference play ... on the year the Broncos out score opponents by +9.5 (MW 2/NCAA 46) and +4.6 rebounds per game (MW 2/ NCAA 56).
- San Jose State as a Team: Offensively, the Spartans are one of the top scoring teams nationally are averaging 78 points per game (MW 1/NCAA 11) on the year and 69.4 ppg (MW 2) in league play ... Defensively, they are allowing 77.8 ppg (MW 10) this season and 72.6 ppg (MW 10) during league games.
- The Coaches: Jamie Craighead is now in her second season as head coach at San Jose State where she is 23-34, her career mark is 74-104 in six seasons. Gordy Presnell is in his 10th season at Boise State where he is 172-136 and 568-263 in his 28th season all-time.
- All-Time Record: This is the 25th meeting all-time between the Spartans and Broncos with Boise State leading 13-11.
- Current Streak: San Jose State snapped a 10-game losing streak to the Broncos on Jan. 21 when the Spartans defeated Boise State 88-78 in San Jose.
- Series at Boise: The Broncos lead the series in Boise 6-4, including five straight.
- MW Series: The Mountain West series is tied 1-1 since the Spartans joined the league last year, the teams met only once in 2013-14.
- Mountain West Conference: Boise State is 110-86 all-time against the current membership of the Mountain West; however, they are 31-31 against those schools in MW contests.
The Last Meeting
|San Jose State||88
January 21, 2015
San Jose, Calif.
Boise State Upset in San Jose
Deanna Weaver, Camille Redmon and Brooke Pahukoa combined for 49 points but it was not enough as the San Jose State Spartans upset the Broncos 88-78.