Broncos Host San Diego State
Boise State looking to get back on winning track against the Aztecs.
Feb. 27, 2015
- San Diego State (10-16, 7-8) at Boise State (17-9, 9-6 MW)
- Feb. 28, 2015 at 2 p.m. (Mountain Time)
- Boise, Idaho (Taco Bell Arena)
- 10th Meeting in Series
- Game: Boise State returns home for the final two home games of the season beginning with San Diego State (10-16, 7-8 MW) at 2 p.m. Saturday in Taco Bell Arena.
- Next Up: The home finale versus San Jose State (11-14, 5-9 MW) is Tuesday (March 3) at 7 p.m. for "Senior Night."
- Radio: KTIK (AM 1350) will carry all of the women's games this season. Chris Lewis returns for his second season as the voice of the Broncos.
- Internet Broadcast: You can listen to the radio broadcast on the internet at BroncoSports.com.
SETTING THE SCENE
- Preseason MW Poll: The Mountain West preseason coaches and media poll selected Boise State to place second and San Diego State seventh in this year's league race.
- Season Series: San Diego State won the first meeting of the year in San Diego on Feb. 7 by a 57-40 score.
- Boise State's Record: The Broncos enter the game at 17-9 overall and 9-6 in MW play, good for a fifth-place.
- Recently for Boise State: The Broncos are coming off a 63-50 road loss at New Mexico, preceded by a split with the Nevada schools last week falling 74-60 at home to UNLV, followed by a 51-47 win at Nevada.
- San Diego State's Record: SDSU enters the contest at 10-16 overall and 7-8 in MW play, good for seventh-place.
- Recently for San Diego State: The Aztecs are coming off a 71-61 home win over San Jose State on Wednesday, prior to that they had lost three straight.
- Boise State at Home: The Broncos are 11-2 at home in 2014-15 ... they went 11-4 in Taco Bell Arena last year and are now 283-146 (.660 pct.) all-time in facility.
- Boise State on the Road: The Broncos have struggled on the road this year and are now 6-7 away from Boise in 2014-15.
- San Diego State at Home: The Aztecs are 7-6 at home in Viejas Arena.
- San Diego State on the Road: SDSU is 3-10 away from San Diego and 2-5 in league.
- Bronco Leaders: In MW games, Deanna Weaver leads the team at 12.6 points (MW 13) and 4.7 rebounds per game, on the year she leads the MW in 3-point percentage at .432 (NCAA 15) ... Brooke Pahukoa is second in scoring during conference averaging 12 ppg (MW 15), Miquelle Askew follows at 8.6 ppg ... Camille Redmon leads on the glass at 7.5 rebounds per game (MW 4).
- Aztec Leaders: In MW games, Erimma Amarikwa leads SDSU in scoring at 12.3 points per game (MW 14) and in rebounding at 7.5 rpg (MW 5) ... McKynzie Fort is next at 10.8 ppg.
- Boise State as a Team: Offensively, Boise State is averaging 71.4 points (MW 2/NCAA 50) and a league-best 70.7 ppg during MW action ... Defensively, the Broncos are fifth in the league allowing 61.8 points per game and 64.7 points per game (MW 7) in conference play ... on the year the Broncos out score opponents by +10.2 (NCAA 44/MW 2) and +4.8 rebounds per game (NCAA 45/MW 2).
- San Diego State as a Team: Offensively, the Aztecs are averaging 56.3 points per game (MW 10) on the year and 56.1 ppg (MW t-10) in league play ... Defensively, they are allowing 62.5 ppg (MW 6) this season and 57.7 ppg (MW 4) during the MW campaign.
- The Coaches: Stacie Terry is now in her second season as head coach at San Diego State where she is 24-23, her career mark is the same. Gordy Presnell is in his 10th season at Boise State where he is 171-136 and 567-263 in his 28th season all-time.
- All-Time Record: This is the ninth meeting all-time between the Aztecs and Broncos with San Diego State leading 7-1.
- Current Streak: The Aztcs have won two straight, including a 57-40 win in San Diego earlier this year.
- Series at Boise: San Diego State leads the series in Boise 2-1.
- MW Series: San Diego State leads the MW series 6-1 since the Broncos joined the league for the 2011-12 campaign.
- Mountain West Conference: Boise State is 109-86 all-time against the current membership of the Mountain West; however, they are 30-31 against those schools in MW contests.