Boise State Continues MW Play on the Road at Air Force
Boise State (10-13, 3-7 MW) continues Mountain West play this Wednesday night at Air Force (3-21, 2-9), tip is scheduled for 7 p.m. (Mountain) in Clune Arena.
WHAT'S HAPPENING THIS WEEK
- The Game: Boise State (10-13, 3-7 MW) continues Mountain West play this Wednesday night at Air Force (3-21, 2-9), tip is scheduled for 7 p.m. (Mountain) in Clune Arena.
- The MW Standings: Boise State enters the game in seventh place (3-7) in the league standings, while Air Force is eighth (2-9).
- Next Up: Boise State will host second-place Fresno State (17-7, 9-2 MW) at 2 p.m. Saturday afternoon in Taco Bell Arena.
THE LAST TIME - January 19
- All-Time Record: Wednesday's game will be the sixth meeting all-time in the series between the two programs with Boise State holding a 5-0 advantage.
- Last Year: Boise State swept the regular season series winning 81-75 in Colorado, then 83-59 in the rematch at Boise.
QUICK LOOK AT BOISE STATE
- Result: Lauren Lenhardt scored 27 points to lead Boise State to a hard fought 66-65 victory over Air Force at Boise. The senior from Eagle, Idaho, came up big in the closing minute of the game scoring five points in the final 33 seconds to secure the home win.
- Bronco Leaders: Lenhardt scored 15 of her 27 points in the final period including seven of Boise State's last eight points. Miquelle Askew followed with 11 points.
- Falcon Leaders: Two Falcons reached double-digit points led by Cherae Medina with 23 points, seven rebounds and three assists. She was followed by Alicia Leipprandt with 13 points and four assists.
QUICK LOOK AT AIR FORCE
- The Record: The Broncos enter the game at 10-13 overall and 3-7 in MW play. They are 7-6 at home, 2-6 on the opponents' floor and 1-1 on neutral courts.
- The Broncos at Home: The Broncos are 7-6 in home (3-3 MW) games this year at Taco Bell Arena. They finished last year 10-7 overall at home, their all-time mark is now 261-138 (.655 pct.) since the facility opened in the fall of 1982.
- The Broncos on the Road: Boise State is 3-7 away (0-4 MW) from Boise this year. Its last road game was a 77-60 defeat at Wyoming on Feb. 9.
- Recently for Boise State: The Broncos have dropped five games in a row with the 66-58 loss last Saturday to New Mexico in Boise.
- Leading the Broncos: Boise State is led by senior forward Lauren Lenhardt ranked fifth in the MW averaging 15.2 points and 7.4 rebounds (3rd MW) per game on the year. She currently ranks fourth in the MW for scoring during league contests at 16.2 ppg and is a three-time MW Player of the Week honoree this season. Junior guard Brandi Henton adds 10.7 ppg in league games.
- As a Team: The Broncos average 61.9 points per game to rank sixth in the league, while allowing 65.8 ppg (6th MW), they rank fifth in rebound offense averaging 39.7 rpg.
- The Coach: Gordy Presnell is in his eighth season at Boise State where he is 135-107 (.558 pct.), 531-234 (.694 pct.) in 25+ seasons all-time. Presnell is 2-2 all-time against New Mexico.
- Air Force's Record: The Falcons enter the game 2-9 in MW play. They are 3-21 overall, 3-8 at home, 0-12 on the opponents' home courts and 0-1 on neutral floors.
- Recently for the Falcons: Air Force has lost two straight, both on the road last week at UNLV (L 80-53) and at Colorado State (L 67-60).
- Leading the Falcons: Alicia Leipprandt leads the Academy at 13 points (10th MW) and 4.2 rebounds per game, followed by Dymond James at 8.8 ppg and team-best 7.3 rpg (4th MW).
- As a Team: On the year, Air Force features a scoring offense that is averaging 55.1 points per game (9th MW), while allowing 70.5 ppg (9th MW). The Falcons are fourth in rebounding at 39.9 per game and sixth in rebound defense holding opponents to 39.9 boards per game.
- The Coach: Andrea Williams is in her third season as head coach at Air Force where she is 18-67 (.221 pct.), her career mark is 30-102 (.227) in five seasons. Williams is 0-2 all-time versus Boise State.
MOUNTAIN WEST PRESEASON POLL
- The Mountain West Preseason Poll is a combined coaches and media poll. Boise State was picked to place seventh, while Air Force was projected in ninth-place out of nine teams in the 2013 league race.
BRONCOS Vs. MOUNTAIN WEST
- Versus MW All-time: Boise State is 59-50 (54.1 pct.) all-time versus the current membership of the Mountain West.
- All-Time in MW Games: The Broncos are 8-16 all-time in MW games after going 5-9 last year in their first season as members of the MW. However, they are now 8-14 against the current membership in MW games entering the year since the departure of TCU.
- All-Time in Home Games: The Broncos are 6-7 all-time in home MW games.
- All-Time in Road Games: The Broncos are 2-10 all-time in road MW games.