Broncos Play at Wyoming Saturday
Boise State looks to extend win streak at Laramie this Saturday.
Feb. 17, 2017
NEXT UP FOR THE BRONCOS
Boise State Notes
Follow the Broncos On Social Media
A QUICK GAME PREVIEW
- The Game: The Broncos (17-7, 7-6 MW) will be on the road Saturday when they face the Wyoming Cowgirls (18-6, 10-4 MW) at 2 p.m. (MT) in Laramie.
- Next Up: Boise State returns home next Wednesday to host the Nevada Wolf Pack (10-14, 4-9 MW) at 7 p.m.
- Radio: KTIK (AM 1350) will carry all of the women’s games throughout the season. Chris Lewis is in his fourth season as the voice of the Broncos.
- Internet Broadcast: You can also listen to the radio broadcast on the internet at BroncoSports.com.
- Watch Live: The game will be broadcast live on the internet via the Mountain West Network on BroncoSports.com.
LAST TIME THEY MET
- The Broncos enter the week at 17-7 overall and 7-6 in league, good for fifth place ... they are coming off two straight wins a 69-59 road victory at Air Force (Feb. 11) and a 64-62 home win over New Mexico (Feb. 15).
- Brooke Pahukoa leads Boise State on the year averaging 13 points per game (12th MW) ... Shalen Shaw adds 10.5 points (20th MW) and team-high 7.1 rebounds (10th MW) per game ... Marijke Vanderschaaf chips in 10.6 points (19th MW) and 6.3 rebounds (17th MW) per game.
- On the year Boise State is second in the Mountain West in scoring offense averaging 69.9 points per game while shooting 39.9 percent (5th MW) from the floor and 32.5 percent (5th MW) from behind the arc.
- Wyoming is coming off a 61-54 loss at Colorado State on Wednesday and are now 18-7 overall and 10-4 in MW play, good for second.
- Liv Roberts leads the Cowgirls averaging 15.6 points (4th MW) and 7.8 rebounds (7th MW) per game on the year ... Natalie Baker adds 9.0 points per game.
- On the year Wyoming is averaging 66.4 points (5th MW) per game, while allowing 53.8 ppg (2nd MW) ... the Cowgirls shoot 44.1 percent (1st MW) from the floor as a team and 37.7 percent (1st MW) from beyond the arc.
- This will be the second meeting of the year with Boise State winning the first encounter 64-54 in Boise (Jan. 28).
- This will be the 19th meeting in the all-time series which is tied at nine wins each and 5-5 in the MW regular season series.
- Last time they met was in Boise (Jan. 28) when Marijke Vanderschaaf (20) and Marta Hermida (16) combined for 36 points to lead Boise State to the victory over then-league-leading Wyoming.
- Boise State never trailed in the game, took and 11-point (29-18) lead into halftime and led by as many as 16 in the third quarter.
- The Cowgirls battled back to within six points twice in the fourth quarter the last came with 45 seconds left on the clock and Boise State up 60-54.
- Boise State held off Wyoming in the final 45 seconds at the free-throw line where Hermida showed her poise going a perfect 4-of-4 to ice the game.
BRONCO FASTBREAK NOTES
- The Broncos are 7-6 in conference play following a 64-62 home win Wednesday night over New Mexico.
- Boise State is now 17-7 overall and has clinched its fourth-consecutive winning season ... the Broncos are 12-2 at home in Taco Bell Arena and 5-5 on the road this season.
- On the year, Boise State has a balanced offensive attack and has had three or more players reach double-figure scoring in 17 of 24 games ... they are 15-2 in those 17 contests.
- The balanced attack includes 10 players having scored double-digit points this season, eight have led the team in scoring at least once ... no one has led the team in scoring more than seven times (Brooke Pahukoa).
- The Broncos currently have three players averaging double-digit points led by Brooke Pahukoa (13.3 ppg) followed by Marijke Vanderschaaf (10.6 ppg) and Shalen Shaw (10.5 ppg) ... five players average 8.0 or more points per game.
- Four Broncos have reached double-digit points at least 10 times each and a total of six have had five or more with a high of 13 by Brooke Pahukoa.
- Boise State is fifth in the MW for 3-point percentage as a team at .325 ... they have made 179 3-pointers this season and rank 51st nationally for 3-pointers made per game at 7.5.
- Defensively, Boise State ranks second in the MW and 17th nationally in 3-point defense holding opponents to 27.2 percent from beyond the arc.
- The Broncos started the season off at 12-1 overall which tied for the best start in program history after 13 games, since the 1974-75 squad set the school record at 12-0 before dropping to 12-1 ... the 1971-72 and 1973-74 teams also went 12-1.
- Boise State just completed its best pre-conference campaign in program history at 10-1.
- Winter Chill, Boise State shot 38.8 percent from 3-point range in nonconference play to lead the MW and rank 17th nationally, since Christmas and the start of league the Broncos have struggled shooting a chilly 26.5 percent to rank 10th in the MW (conference games).
- Head coach Gordy Presnell hit the 600 career wins milestone against Portland (Dec. 18), Presnell is the 32nd coach in NCAA DI history to hit the mark ... he now has 608 wins.
- Brooke Pahukoa leads the team and ranks 12th in the MW for points per game at 13.0 ... she has a team-high 13 games in double-digit points, six with 20-plus, including 21 at New Mexico (Jan. 18) and 23 versus San Jose State (Jan. 21).
- Brooke Pahukoa has moved into 10th all-time (1,217) for career points at Boise State, 44 (1,261) short of tying for ninth.
- Brooke Pahukoa is 11th in the MW for 3-point percentage at .349 and is 11th in the league for 3-pointers per game at 1.7.
- Shalen Shaw is third on team and 20th in MW for scoring at 10.5 points per game ... she leads the team and is 10th in MW for rebounds at 7.1 per game.
- Shaw tallied a team-high eight rebounds against Concordia (Dec. 7) to reach the 500 career rebounds milestone.
- Shaw grabbed a team-high (tied) 11 rebounds in win over New Mexico (Feb. 15) to move from 15th on the Boise State career rebound list into 12th with 598 ... 27 short of sole possession of 11th and 49 short of seventh.
- Shaw ranks fourth among active players this year in the MW for career double-doubles with 14, two this season.
- Vanderschaaf is averaging 10.6 points per game and has scored double-figure points in 12 contests including a career-high 26 in victory against New Mexico (Feb. 15), 22 at San Diego State (Jan. 7) and 20 in the win over Wyoming (Jan. 28).
- Marijke Vanderschaaf is averaging 6.3 rebounds per game (2nd on team / 17th MW) and has 14 games with six or more boards ... she had a career-high 11 in win at Colorado State (Dec. 31) and in win over New Mexico (Feb. 15) to complete a double-double (26 pts/11rbs).
- Yaiza Rodriguez has dished out nine or more assists in six contests to date and six or more in 12 games ... she has three with 10-plus.
- Rodriguez is second in the MW and 20th nationally in assists per game at 6.1.
- Rodriguez set the school’s career assists record earlier this fall at 452 and has since stretched it out to 571.
- Rodriguez is now fourth in MW history for career assists at 571.
- Joyce Harrell earned her first career start in the win over Wyoming (Jan. 28) tallying four points, a team-high seven rebounds, as well as a team and career-high four blocks.
- Harrell led Boise State in her second career start versus Colorado State (Feb. 1) tallying a team and career-high 13 points to go with a team high and career-tying eight rebounds.
- Freshman Riley Lupfer has had a solid debut season recording eight games in double-figure scoring to average 8.0 points per game with a career-high of 19 in win over Portland (Dec. 18).