Broncos Host Lobos Wednesday Night
Boise State looks to get back on track when New Mexico comes to town.
Feb. 16, 2016
New Mexico (12-11, 5-7 MW) at Boise State (16-8, 9-4 MW)
- Facts: Wednesday, Feb. 17 | 7 p.m. (Mountain) | Boise, Idaho (Taco Bell Arena)
- Parking: Free parking is available in the Albertsons Stadium Parking Lots
- Admission: Adults: $6 | Senior Citizens (62 YOA): $4 | Youth: $4 | Boise State Students: Free with student ID card
- Live Video | Live Audio | Live Stats | Twitter
GAME PREVIEWNew Mexico | Wednesday, Feb. 17 | Boise, IdahoNew Mexico Scouting Report
- The Game: Boise State (16-8, 9-4 MW) will look to get back on track this Wednesday night when the Broncos host the New Mexico Lobos (12-11, 5-7 MW) at 7 p.m. in Taco Bell Arena.
- Last Time: ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (1/30/16) - Brooke Pahukoa hit a career-high seven 3-pointers on her way to a team-best 25 points to lead Boise State to a dominating 81-60 road victory at New Mexico ... Boise State opened the game on a 22-3 run and was never really threatened maintaining a double-digit lead nearly the entire game, eventually defeating the Lobos by 21.
- Next Up: The Broncos will take the weekend off with a bye before returning to action next Wednesday (Feb. 24)at UNLV.
- Radio: KTIK (AM 1350) will carry all of the women’s games this season. Chris Lewis returns for his third season as the voice of the Broncos.
- Internet Broadcast: You can also listen to the radio broadcast on the internet at BroncoSports.com.
Boise State Scouting Report
- Record: The Lobos are currently in seventh place in the MW standings at 5-7 and are 12-11 overall ... they are coming off a split last week defeating Utah State 73-70 at home before going on the road to fall on a buzzer beater at San Jose State 59-58.
- Preseason Poll: The Lobos were picked to place second out of 11 teams in the preseason MW coaches’/media poll.
- UNM Leaders: On the year, Khadijah Shumpert leads the Lobos averaging 14 points (7th MW) and 6.6 rebounds (6th MW) per game, both team highs ... Cherise Beynon adds 12.3 points (t-12th MW) and a team-high 3.4 assists (t-6th MW) per game.
- Lobos as a Team: On the year, the Lobos are averaging 62.6 points (7th MW) per game and allow 59.8 (3rd MW) ... New Mexico is shooting 37.1 percent (9th MW) from the floor, 27.7 percent (8th MW) from 3-point range and 64.8 percent (9th MW) from the free-throw line ... defensively, UNM holds opponents to 37.4 percent (4th MW) from the floor and 31 percent (6th MW) from beyond the arc.
- Record: The Broncos enter the game at 16-8 overall and 9-4 in MW play, third place ... they are on a two-game losing streak following a 83-51 home loss Wednesday to Colorado State (Feb. 10) and a 82-58 road loss at Wyoming (Feb. 13) ... prior to that they had won eight straight.
- Bronco Leaders: Boise State is led by Brooke Pahukoa averaging 14.9 points (4th MW) and 5.2 rebounds (t-19th MW) per game ... Shalen Shaw averages 12.8 points (10th MW) and team-high 8.9 rebounds (2nd MW) per game, she leads the MW in league contests averaging 10.4 rebounds per game ... Miquelle Askew adds 12.6 points (11th MW) and 5.2 rebounds per game.
- As a Team: Boise State averages 68.9 points (4th MW) per game on the year and is shooting 41.9 percent (2nd MW) from the floor, 31.6 percent (3rd MW) from the 3-point arc and 74.3 percent (2nd MW / 31st NCAA) from the free-throw line ... defensively, the Broncos are holding teams to 62.7 points per game (6th MW) on 38.8 percent (7th MW) shooting from the floor and 29.6 percent (4th MW) from beyond the arc.
- Preseason Poll: Boise State who went 22-11 overall and 11-7 (4th) in the Mountain West Conference during 2014-15 was picked to place third out of 11 teams in this year’s MW preseason poll.
- MW Champs: Boise State won the 2015 MW Tournament and advanced to the NCAA first round where the Broncos fell 72-61 at Tennessee.
BRONCO FASTBREAK NOTES
- Record: This is the 13th meeting all-time between the two programs with the Broncos leading the series 8-4 and 6-3 in the MW regular-season series.
- In Albuquerque: Boise State has a 3-2 edge in the series at New Mexico, including a 81-60 win on Jan. 30.
- In Boise: The Broncos lead 4-1 when playing in Boise.
- Boise State vs. Mountain West: The Broncos are 123-92 all-time versus the current membership of the Mountain West Conference.
- The Broncos are looking to end the February chill that has caused them to struggle the last two weeks shooting 32.9 percent from the floor and 16.7 percent from beyond the arc.
- Boise State saw its eight game win streak come to an end last Wednesday when it fell to Colorado State ... that streak was the longest since the Broncos joined the Mountain West for 2011-12.
- Brooke Pahukoa leads the team in scoring at 14.9 points per game, fourth in the MW.
- Brooke Pahukoa is 15th nationally and first in the MW for 3-point percentage at .432.
- Shalen Shaw recorded her ninth double-double in the last 15 games in the loss to CSU (Feb. 10) with 11 points and 11 rebounds, both team highs ... her eight double-doubles in league play is a conference best.
- Shalen Shaw has recorded 10 or more rebounds in 11 of the last 14 games ... she ranks second in the MW on the year at 8.9 rebounds per game and first during league play at 10.4 rpg.
- Miquelle Askew is third on the team in scoring at 12.6 points per game (11th MW) ... she is currently ninth on the career scoring list with 1,204 points.
- Miquelle Askew is tied for second on the team for rebounding at 5.2 rpg ... she now ranks 15th on the Boise State career list with 560 ... she needs 31 to move into a tie for 14th at 591.